Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I don't believe he's leaking any info. I think he's just revealing his own thoughts publicly and putting together his own timeline based on information he's gathered. IMO
Nevertheless, we have to decide whether to take his comments as evidence, or simply his musings aloud, it’s possible he doesn’t realize that everything he says is taken as the absolute truth.
I remain reluctant to follow his timeline until LE verifies it.
I may have missed the texting from his truck at 4am Sun. Surely MG would have mentioned this....?

So if he needed Gene’s signature for the guardianship papers, did BM forge his signature or was it not needed to get the papers prepared and approved by the Judge? Cannot wait until we can see this document and so many more .
I think the easiest route was the route he picked first, by contacting GM. Well that didn't work he picked option number two, whatever that was.

So if he needed Gene’s signature for the guardianship papers, did BM forge his signature or was it not needed to get the papers prepared and approved by the Judge? Cannot wait until we can see this document and so many more .
I think the easiest route was the route he picked first, by contacting GM. Well that didn't work he picked option number two, whatever that was.
And given Covid was in full swing, a mask perhaps??
Very good!

I consider disclosing that BM was reported to be texting while driving to Broomfield around 4am, trying to pull a crew together a detail that had not been made public before. I call it an intentional leak. Not to harm the investigation, no. But he is putting out the info that wasn't out previously. My assumption is that he isn't doing this against LE's wishes. IMO

ETA: the word "leak" might the issue. There are many synonyms which can be used in its place if one prefers: disclose, announce, divulge, affirm, profess, say, tell, reveal, just to name a few.

To be clear, I don't think the info AM disclosing is not necessarily coming from LE because I don't believe they are sharing specific details with anyone!

I think texting at 4 AM probably came from MG. She gave a video interview with Fox21 LS of which we only saw a partial clip. I think BM was texting MG at 4 AM-- requesting she put a crew together for Broomfield to leave Salida on Sunday.

I think LE probably shared that the EVI info was not matching BM's own account when they had to tell AM that things were not as BM had portrayed to the Moorman family. And it was BM that confirmed there was a discrepancy after he forgot to disclose something mechanical that he did to his Bobcat.

MOO

From photos over the past few months, it doesn’t seem masks are a popular accessory in these parts.

Perhaps this is why those that wear them seem to stand out. I’d also imagine that if there is one person who would be acutely aware of the importance of masks, it would be the immuno-compromised SM and her devoted husband.

That he doesn’t wear a mask to prevent becoming a covid vector is concerning, especially if he thought that SM would be coming home at some point.

And if he didn’t wear a mask before she went missing, then he’s just as disrespectful to her in life as he is now during her absence.

Were sandwich shops even open on May 9th because of covid restrictions?

If not (which I think is the case) this would point towards the 4pm sighting being the Poncha Market as they could be open as a gas station and just not be serving food due to restrictions.

Does Poncha Market have video? Could they have caught SM & BM stopping to fill up with gas and then go who knows where?

And depending on it being security video, and maybe “SM” not getting out of the car, are we sure that is even SM and not another woman?

So
Many
Questions

Last edited:
To be clear, I don't think the info AM disclosing is not necessarily coming from LE because I don't believe they are sharing specific details with anyone!

I think texting at 4 AM probably came from MG. She gave a video interview with Fox21 LS of which we only saw a partial clip. I think BM was texting MG at 4 AM-- requesting she put a crew together for Broomfield to leave Salida on Sunday.

I think LE probably shared that the EVI info was not matching BM's own account when they had to tell AM that things were not as BM had portrayed to the Moorman family. And it was BM that confirmed there was a discrepancy after he forgot to disclose something mechanical that he did to his Bobcat.

MOO

I’m so sorry for the dumb question, but could someone tell me what EVI stands for? Thank you so much!

Nevertheless, we have to decide whether to take his comments as evidence, or simply his musings aloud, it’s possible he doesn’t realize that everything he says is taken as the absolute truth.
I remain reluctant to follow his timeline until LE verifies it.
I may have missed the texting from his truck at 4am Sun. Surely MG would have mentioned this....?

I agree with you. I'm taking all of this in but am not running with it as fact. Some info I'm keeping in my own timeline. I have completely thrown out the text with the friend info, for now, as an example.

LE has really only confirmed a few things in this case. I do however think some folks with bits and pieces of maybe factual info talked to AM, because he's SM's brother. I'm sure he got alot closer to the case during his recent time in CO. I think all of this info has been known to LE for months and probably documented in what I'm assuming is a LARGE running case file on SM. IMO

Speaking of LS and interviews, I’ve gone back to watch this YouTube with Tricia interviewing LS. At 22:03 Tricia asks her if she will post the BM interviews in their entirety and LS says perhaps someday. Then LS brings up wanting to release more of her interviews with MG and JP. She says she wants to release information that can help investigators but she is not sure in what capacity she can do that. LS says that people were wanting to know what made JP decide to start talking to reporters so she asked him and he told her. But she’s not sure if or when she should release that.

Really good find. I had theorized that LS becoming a witness might have lead to her silence. It sounds like she had really interesting non public info to share that just happened to be recorded. I wonder if she coordinated giving that info to LE and their ask was that she needed to step away from the case as not to jeopardize the legitimacy of her intel and recordings.

Could AM intentionally be putting out some of this info in error?

SM/BM sighted together on Saturday afternoon doesn't fit. Could this sighting have been Friday?

I've given up on the timing of the abrupt end to SM's communication with a friend located in IN!

I wish we knew where that information came from. If SM was caught on security camera inside a sandwich shop vs. a witness verbal tip, makes a big difference.

The timeline I really feel is credible, Suzanne was killed and her body hidden between O' dark-thirty Saturday May 9th and four am on Sunday, May 10th.

I've been trying to put myself in the shoes of BM's Broomfield work crew.

MG noted that BM was ready acting weird at the Salida job site on Saturday morning.

JP was offered "good money" for a last minute job. How good? Unbelievably good?

BM contacts worker at 4am on Mother's Day, trying to get the job going.

MG says he sounds like he just had the worst night of his life.

They arrive to find a hodgepodge of useless tools in a chlorine infused hotel room.

BM had not prepped the job or ordered blocks.

BM has left due to a family emergency.

At what point do they start to feel something is fishy?
Do they reach out to any locals for information?
Or do they not start to put two and two together until BM tells them that Suzanne is missing?

Did BM honestly think that these workers were going to fall in line and help him make his fake alibi believable? Because the money was so good? Was it really hush money after all?
Moo of course.

I am soooo onboard with this. What’s the 1 thing that would guarantee these 3 workers show up? A ton of money. Like an unusually large, can’t say no, amount of money.

That data point with all of the other inconsistencies turns the hinkey meter up to 11.

Why does a grown woman need her father's signature on guardianship papers?
The lawyers on this thread will do a much better job of explaining, but from my shallow understanding, guardianship allows a spouse to manage assets that are held separately from the marriage estate. So, any property (including real estate and other financial assets) that she held prior to marriage and which did not become jointly owned.

That said...maybe fiduciary control of something like a trust fund?

“The need exists for the appointment of a guardian of the alleged incapacitated person in that she cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry and property in Hamilton County, Indiana, needs to be sold,” the petition reads.

A member of Suzanne Morphew’s family who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that Barry and Suzanne owned multiple rental properties in Indiana, and said they recalled Suzanne saying that the couple was planning on selling at least one of them. The family member said they were unaware of Barry Morphew’s petition for guardianship when CrimeOnline asked them to comment on the matter.

The court documents show that Suzanne and Barry Morphew’s eldest daughter, who is an adult, provided consent for her father to be appointed guardianship of Suzanne.

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member