Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voxer could be a decent app for Barry to use-it seems to be good for on the go messages, where you don’t have to type or spell. It might be a good one if you are on the road hauling around a bobcat and don’t have time to text. I think it could be good for work applications like Barry’s business. I have also seen that bible study groups, and some life coaching types seem to like it. Lots to unpack.
:D:D:D

Voxer Info from their website:

Voxer for Individuals

Are There Apps Like iMessage? | What is Voxer? | Voice Communication

SABBM:

End-to-End Encryption
Private Chats are end-to-end encrypted messages that can only be seen or heard by you and the receiver. While all Voxer messages are secure only the person who is receiving your message can listen, read, or see it. No one else. Not even us. A Private Chat is an opt-in feature that must be activated on a per chat basis. This allows for seamless cross-platform functionality.
This is not a very unique feature for, what it's worth. Facebook messenger, Whatsapp and lots of other chat/messaging apps also have it. End-to-end encryption is mainly useful in preventing the companies who are forwarding your messages on the internet from seeing their content. It won't stop anyone who has access to your phone since the messages are decrypted on each end. It would make it much harder for LE to recover messages if they don't have SM's phone though.

BM had strange gaunt look.
MOO believable he was abusing drugs.

Yep. And also, thought he didn't drink? I guess they could have been doing shots of water, but...hmm. Did you see that shot of them cheers'ing, sitting at the table, when Suzanne looks into the camera (next to Barry) at the very end of that scene? It was haunting and truly heartbreaking.

He's smiling in all those shots of him, but his eyes are not. I bet this was taken on Suzanne's birthday. It had to be taken sometime recently because they appear to be in Colorado. Also, whoever took that footage is someone close within the family. Chris did not name the person, but said "you know who you are." I have to wonder if it was one daughter.

All MO.

A good friend of mine from Colorado is a PA, she's volunteered in Guatemala a couple times at a clinic. When she's there she has me download the WhatsApp so she can video chat with me.

Roger that. I have WhatsApp on my phone so that I can communicate with my husband's family in Guatemala. You don't need a cellphone service plan, so it's the cheapest way to communicate.

(Back in the day, before cellphones were ubiquitous and long distance calls were expensive, my mil had an impressive ham radio setup to reach her relatives in Guatemala.)

Going back to the PE episode tonight, it was interesting that Mike brought up how they have searched the open web and the dark web concerning this case and encouraged LE to contact them if they need help searching there. Makes me go hmmm...... So, who in this case is using the dark web, might I ask??

LOL at the FBI needing PE’s help searching the dark web.

The combination of WhatsApp and the dark web (and probably Voxer) make me think about drugs/drug trafficking. I wonder if that is more on BM’s side as opposed to SM having these apps.

If you were to come forward with information, you’d definitely be concerned about self incrimination regarding selling or using drugs.

I always go back to:

-The former Sherriff of the neighboring county saying this case will be more than a husband/wife murder
-The various local comments about the hills hiding secrets and the general danger of this investigation

One of them has worked for the FBI, I personally did not find it funny....I honestly thought they found things they did not know if it has been seen or found. Perhaps the dark web has or had not really been looked into on this case.

This is not a very unique feature for, what it's worth. Facebook messenger, Whatsapp and lots of other chat/messaging apps also have it. End-to-end encryption is mainly useful in preventing the companies who are forwarding your messages on the internet from seeing their content. It won't stop anyone who has access to your phone since the messages are decrypted on each end. It would make it much harder for LE to recover messages if they don't have SM's phone though.

Agree.
Sounds like they don't have her phone. FBI was no doubt extracting all they could from apps and cell provider without it.

If phone went dead in the home why was it not plugged in while she was on a ride?
Per scenario, if she took it with her, it would have signalled to at least where bike was found.
Then disappeared.

Wedding friends must have been wondering where she was Sunday morning, calling and texting.
Wouldn't friends also be calling a nice husband all morning to see why she was not online with them?

It sure sounds to me like the PE guys are insinuating they've stumbled across some seriously shady business connected to SM's disappearance. Info that possibly, the CBI or the CCSO didn't know about? I did get a chuckle out of the idea the FBI needs the help of the PE guys to search the "dark web" but maybe there is something to what the PE guys have come across? I can only assume they've already turned all that info over to the CCSO.

jmo

One of them has worked for the FBI, I personally did not find it funny....I honestly thought they found things they did not know if it has been seen or found. Perhaps the dark web has or had not really been looked into on this case.

It's only funny because of this A Primer on DarkNet Marketplaces — FBI

They are the ones to go to for help, they don't need folks assisting them on how to search there.

ETA: That said, I'm going to give MK the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant that they (him and his team) have come across info that the investigators in this case may not have known about, yet. And if they (the investigators) had more questions, they could contact the PE guys at any time.

jmo

I have only followed two other missing girl/woman cases - Jayme Closs and Mollie Tibbetts.
I realize circumstances might be different, but in my opinion, the lead investigators in both those cases were much more transparent. They did their best to answer questions in front of a microphone. They were personable and they kept us informed.

And one of those ended in a ‘best-case scenerio’ .
JMO

MOO Absolutely.
MOO the CCSO is remote, dismissive of the public and too insulated from accountability.
Especially when compared with the The El Paso Sheriff Office, one county away, which was the best of class handling Gannon Stauch.

If any of y'all find ME at the darkweb helpdesk, please kindly redirect me.

The regular web is scary enough.

That being said, the Profiling Evil guys seem to have good reasons for saying what they say.

I'm staying tuned. Over here on the well-lit web.

Could be an interesting angle.

JMO

If any of y'all find ME at the darkweb helpdesk, please kindly redirect me.

The regular web is scary enough.

That being said, the Profiling Evil guys seem to have good reasons for saying what they say.

I'm staying tuned. Over here on the well-lit web.

Could be an interesting angle.

JMO

It's impossible to accidentally stumble into the dark web - and they have no Help Desk, so I think you'll be fine :)

I can picture it quite realistically though.
We've all sleuthed this, that and the other connected to this case, so I assume the PE guys and their research crew has too.
Maybe one of them came across something that motivated them to go all onion on the dark web and look for specific things.
Maybe then they found things directly related to someone connected to this case.
I'm sure we've all found things too (on the normal web).

While the FBI doesn't need anyone to assist them in searches, they MIGHT need specific info that they may have not been previously aware of, to search in specific ways. Sort of like, knowing the right questions to ask.

jmo

So if they did not have Suzanne's phone, messages she exchanged could not be retrieved from any of the providers LE listed on the press release?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members