Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the most telling things in this case are what we DON'T know. There were a lot of things that are typically released in missing persons cases that were never released in this case.
  • we don't know that Suzanne ever took a bike ride
  • we don't know the day Suzanne was actually seen last, just that she was reported missing on the Sunday
  • We don't know what BM was doing that weekend, but we know his boss confirmed there was no training
  • We don't know what Suzanne was last known to be wearing.
I think often times in cases like these the simplest answer is the right one, no matter how devastating it is. Social media is blowing up- and nobody is thinking about her poor girls who can see all those posts and speculation.

Doesn't common sense say that if the person who is alleged to be Miss Tress had nothing to do with this, she would be shouting from the hilltops "it's not me and I'll sue whoever implies such!!!" I, too, wish these cases could be broken here, because it's the best community, but we also have to be realistic that social is going to win the race sometimes - especially when people are making it their career.

Understood, but it's a pet peeve - like after a mass shooting when MSM knows the perp's name a smugly refuses to release it. If the information is out there, I'm not going remain in the dark just because others are overly cautious.

You aren't exposed to liability by running a website. Youtube takes stuff down all the time - because Lawsuits Otherwise (LO). So do FB and Twitter.

And Websleuths is a privacy enterprise, so just like a restaurant - it doesn't have to let you do whatever you want and can ask you to leave (temporarily or permanently).

Mods, please delete if inappropriate or against TOS, but it gets old trying to be here when the thread gets shut down.

You want total freedom to discuss? Reddit offers platforms for that, just as an example. Of course, you won't see the kind of diligence to finding reliable sources that we see here on WS.

Few of us "remain in the dark" about these cases, we like to sleuth. But we try to obey the rules.

You may find that you jump to some conclusions, if you are wanting to trust all the things you read on Daily Mail and FB. And that's okay. But don't say others are "overly cautious" just because they don't jump to your conclusions given the same media.

We're trying to wait patiently for what comes next.

I don't think media are "smug," I think they are trained to cross check facts. Interestingly, in my own profession, I would be able to discuss all manner of rumors openly - but only with other members of my profession and other professionals with a need to know (LE for example).

So, journalists and others must follow their own rules.

The Youtube person is NOT a friend of SM, didn't know SM or BM. The Youtuber is being sent information from one or more sources, but none of that info has been verified.

Incorrect info is being repeated here.

Possible scenario.

Barry had affair.
Suzanne confronted him once girls were away.
Barry admitted.
Suzanne said she wanted a divorce.
Barry couldn't accept that.
He killed her.
He used what he had available to try to cover it up.
But got caught. Of course.
Tried to save himself by spilling location details.

MOO

Or

Barry had an affair, didn't expect Suzanne to live.
Suzanne finds out, is very upset. Tells someone.
Barry gave the girls a glamping opportunity.
Barry told people he was going for work or training in Denver.
Barry and Suzanne argue. Suzanne asks for divorce.
Barry already has a plan in mind.

Although a more spontaneous set of events is also possibly - I'd put my own theory in second place after yours.

And while everyone is all wow, omg and speechless, no one is supplying a link to anything but "youtube". Where in the world is everyone reading this news??
In case no one has answered you...Facebook, Twitter, YouTube are the three main social media sites reporting all of these rumors that we are now allowed to discuss since Tricia discussed them on a YouTube live feed she did earlier.

Whenever you’re really into a case, that’s where you have to go for the unverified scoop on cases. The problem is you have to sift through the info, like these investigators are reportedly doing to the property they’re searching today, to find anything useful.

The info you find that way can’t be discussed on Websleuths although plenty of members discuss it via private messages on this site. Then once it is verified info, or Tricia allows it, it can be discussed openly in the threads.

That’s why you see threads shut down frequently, because people see something in SM and forget it can’t be discussed here, and it starts a chain reaction of discussion that then has to be deleted.

It can be somewhat complicated at times and often prevents people from posting because they’re afraid to break a rule and get banned, but once they read here for a while they usually figure things out and begin posting.

I absolutely HATE reading the FB pages on these cases because there are so many idiots. People who can’t use punctuation or use “lazy text language” in posts drive me crazy, not to mention the random stuff people will post just to bring drama.

There is no basement in that house, though. So far none of this has been confirmed. It could all turn out to be a rumor. Jmo
Just catching up. I'm a builder and in a cold climate like that, you have to have footings to prevent heaving of the house. Usually at least 4 feet, so 90 % of the time, they poor an 8 to 9 foot basement. ( for a rec. room etc. It may not be developed, but I would be shocked if there is no basement.

Still trying to catch up but, can someone tell me why we were allowed to go ahead and discuss all these rumors?
What happened that made this okay today, when it's never okay to do that?
I think I missed that part.
In fact, I know I did.

I think it's all coming out uber-fast & furious

I gather, may be mistaken, that Tricia has sources she trusts to move ahead with the Mods comments that: a body has been found & BW has been arrested

Now: working on memory here! & things change.....

Still trying to catch up but, can someone tell me why we were allowed to go ahead and discuss all these rumors?
What happened that made this okay today, when it's never okay to do that?
I think I missed that part.
In fact, I know I did.
Both Tricia and sillybilly put out posts a little bit ago. They give a good idea how to handle the pink elephant in the room.
:0)

Here is what is going on.
With the source that was used on the YouTube creator's channel I had to make a decision.
Would I make it so our mods had to spend the rest of the day timing people out, taking down posts, calling me, having members yelling at me, and basically try (without success) to keep this thread under control? Or should we acknowledge the rumor and say, YES WE KNOW THIS RUMOR IS OUT THERE WE ARE WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION and then we can move on.

That is why I made that decision. You have no idea what goes on in trying to keep rumors off the pages. However, this one report is being spread out all over the world. I would never allow something like this unless there was a better alternative.

I went live on YouTube to specifically address this rumor. It sounds credible but it is not confirmed.

Had I not done this I can promise you this thread would have been shut down because it would have been out of control. I am trying to keep this discussion going while acknowledging the pink elephant in the room.

We have acknowledged we know this is out there. If it turns out to be false then hopefully next time the people will not be so quick to jump on and spread it around to the point that literally the whole world reports it as fact.

That makes perfect sense to me Tricia. Thank you for taking the time to explain it. Much appreciate by us all, I'm sure!

Just catching up. I'm a builder and in a cold climate like that, you have to have footings to prevent heaving of the house. Usually at least 4 feet, so 90 % of the time, they poor an 8 to 9 foot basement. ( for a rec. room etc. It may not be developed, but I would be shocked if there is no basement.

That's what I was thinking too - the permafrost problem, except the floor plans do not include a basement. Also, this looks like a log cabin style house. Log cabins typically don't have a basement.

qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097

BBM:

It is. Incredibly sad.

And what takes it to an almost incomprehensibly horrific level is that apparently, if what I've seen is correct, SM has bravely battled and beaten cancer not just once, but twice.

For someone to fight such a dangerous unseen enemy and emerge victorious, only to then be betrayed and savagely murdered by another, is unspeakably cruel.

SM fought for her life, only to have it stolen from her in the end, anyway.

It's truly awful.

I'm so sorry, Suzanne.

"May justice roll down like waters."

JMO.

But lots of stinging wasps, rattlesnake bites and so forth before the waters.

I am reeling from the incomprehensible inhumanity of this. A trusting wife, two time cancer survivor, just declared clean of cancer, looking forward to life again, has her dream home.

Are we allowed to discuss the mistress? I see it being discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann