Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
True.
It doesn't get much worse than that-- aside from outright murder.
LE in this case know more than we do about everything, and I have respect for them.

I have been following this only for a few days, but imo, and this opinion based in speculation.... I think she caught him with a much younger woman, and after years of being the accepting wife in the background, after raising and being surrounded these more confident daughters, she told him she was leaving ~ that action was out of his control. He reacted in anger and here we are ... i hate who he is in the video. He is transparent. This will be solved. IMO

And that would be challenged in court if they did such a thing. It's vital to have a verified and uncontaminated DNA sample of each person so a forensic team can do the work they need to do. Fishing things out of a garbage pail would not be the best source when you have living people to get DNA from via buccal swabs.
You can do this legitimately in order to get information as to the identity of the perpetrator but if you then use it to identify that person as a suspect and you go before a grand jury to be indicted, Then prior to this , a control sample buccal swab will need to be compared so the offender will need to provide a sample for comparison. When DNA was first brought in as a crime fighting tool, it was used as information only and not as evidence, however, time has moved this on and the accuracy of DNA now is so strikingly clear and absolute as evidence of a perpetrators involvement that it’s no longer information only but provided a Swab is taken for comparison from the suspect, it’s admissible

It has been said BM is very controlling. I sense that’s true. It makes me believe if he killed his wife and the pressure mounts, he will eventually admit it to LE.

I sense he has a personality that has fooled others a long time. I suspect he has quite a temper and that is the one thing he cannot always control. He senses the noose is tightening. If he is guilty, I believe he will confess.
Agreed.
Hoping for an update tomorrow !

Actually hearing from Suzanne's family has been a relief.
Although I thought I might feel differently about this case after they spoke up.
But I don't.
Just more questions.

If investigators have evidence from the work site being analyzed/tested how long will it take for results to come back - does anyone know?
I think it all depends on what exactly is being tested. Personally, I think they struck out, and found nothing there.

If anything was found, I’m sure they could expedite any testing if they had to.

In the Jayme Closs case, it was unknown who abducted her. There was much speculation on this forum that it was a boyfriend her parents didn't like.

If it is true, Suzanne's bicycle was found, it has to also be true she wasn't found with it. Anybody could have happened upon her riding the bike, knocked her off and took her. That is what happened to Sierah Joughin. I don't believe cases of women being abducted and abused are all that rare. What's rare is that they are able to escape. Sierah could not nor could Mollie Tibbets. Jayme did.

JMO
Vis a vis murder, abduction for lifelong sexual purposes remain rare. I'm making a distinction between paedophile gangs who groom young girls to pass around their contacts, and individual abductors. And of the latter, there are at least 2 subgroups -one where they rape the victim once/several times before murdering them, and another group where the female is sujected to being re
I've been very confused about those 2 photos and if that indeed means he was at the house after he was not supposed to be at the house. The photos were posted along with photos of the search and evidence being taken away from the residence. I have to assume the ones of him were taken earlier, when he was still permitted to be there. JMO

Yes, they were from when he was permitted to be there. So he had gone back home after his "Denver" trip, and after the announcement that Suzanne was missing. He hasn't been allowed to go back to the marital home since the search.

This article indicates that SM’s family does not know TN, therefore it’s likely he is from the BM bloodline. They also weren’t aware of where M&M were, which also seemed unusual. Wouldn’t that be something you would ask in your first conversation?

I guess not! :eek: I mean, I'd be a wreck, worried about my nieces and how they were doing, but every family is different.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Yes, it looks most likely to be a murder investigation and that LE has known this pretty much from the first day they became involved.
We can only hope that it's not; there is a much-loved woman at the center of all this who is missing, and she is a mother of two girls who will be experiencing unimaginable grief right now. Sadly, I think SM died before Mother's Day on May 10th and she may never be found.
I hope to goodness I'm wrong.
How long had the girls been gone?

Maybe it’s a big family. Just like when you have that accountant cousin, or lawyer niece that you see once in a while, you might call on them when you need their expertise. Maybe TN offered his services because he thought he could help, and then realized he was walking into a hornet’s nest.

First time posting on this on thread. Just sharing my thoughts on this missing mom. She seems like a really nice person, what her family is going through must be difficult and heartbreaking.
The neighbor believes she went riding early Sunday morning. Unclear if she had been actually seen that morning since the homes in this mountain community are far apart.The daughters became worried after not reaching her. I understand this since it’s still cold in the Rocky Mountains and she was by herself. Nothing has been reported when was the last time anyone had heard from her? Has her phone been found? Riding alone on mountain roads most people would feel it’s important to have your cell phone in case of emergency.
Has LE tracked the husbands cell phone. This information would help LE determine his whereabouts on Saturday or Sunday. It only a two and half hour drive from Denver to Salina.
Not much if anything has been said about the state of their marriage. Two years ago they moved from outside Indianapolis hoping to sell a 1.7 ml home. The couple moved to the small mountain town of Salina and purchased a home worth over a million. Not many folks could make two house payments of this size.
Nothing has been reported from the missing moms side of the family. Her family possibly knows more about their marriage and are keeping silent.
The husband’s video is right up there with CW’s news video. Except CW talked longer.. .

First time posting on this on thread. Just sharing my thoughts on this missing mom. She seems like a really nice person, what her family is going through must be difficult and heartbreaking.
The neighbor believes she went riding early Sunday morning. Unclear if she had been actually seen that morning since the homes in this mountain community are far apart.The daughters became worried after not reaching her. I understand this since it’s still cold in the Rocky Mountains and she was by herself. Nothing has been reported when was the last time anyone had heard from her? Has her phone been found? Riding alone on mountain roads most people would feel it’s important to have your cell phone in case of emergency.
Has LE tracked the husbands cell phone. This information would help LE determine his whereabouts on Saturday or Sunday. It only a two and half hour drive from Denver to Salina.
Not much if anything has been said about the state of their marriage. Two years ago they moved from outside Indianapolis hoping to sell a 1.7 ml home. The couple moved to the small mountain town of Salina and purchased a home worth over a million. Not many folks could make two house payments of this size.
Nothing has been reported from the missing moms side of the family. Her family possibly knows more about their marriage and are keeping silent.
The husband’s video is right up there with CW’s news video. Except CW talked longer.. .
Is that confirmed that the neighbor saw her riding her bike Sunday morning?

Respectfully, per the same article with the pictures you described, dated 20th of May, BM was not allowed in their home when he returned from Denver.

“But DailyMail.com can now reveal that Morphew, 52, has not been allowed to enter the home he shared with Suzanne since he returned from his trip to Denver.”

The article article refers to “the property,” which I interpreted as the property where he was staying. Not their home.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Thank you for this. Earlier posts by DMail suggested he was leaving the home after the police turned up to search. I'm relieved if he didn't have the opportunity to go home after the announcement that Suzanne was missing

If investigators have evidence from the work site being analyzed/tested how long will it take for results to come back - does anyone know?
It depends on what the evidence recovered is... if it’s DNA or fingerprints based then that all depends on your turn around times for submission of evidence and what backlog the forensic science laboratory has in terms of DNA examination, if at all, and the cost involved. In the U.K. you can get an urgent turnaround on fingerprints and DNA within 24 hours with a result but it is fast becoming very expensive and in these times of austerity, as a crime manager , it was incumbent upon me to use my budget wisely . Having said all of that, if I was the SIO of this case , I would authorise whatever it takes in order to progress the investigation and to bring SM home and obtain justice on her behalf.

It depends on what the evidence recovered is... if it’s DNA or fingerprints based then that all depends on your turn around times for submission of evidence and what backlog the forensic science laboratory has in terms of DNA examination, if at all, and the cost involved. In the U.K. you can get an urgent turnaround on fingerprints and DNA within 24 hours with a result but it is fast becoming very expensive and in these times of austerity, as a crime manager , it was incumbent upon me to use my budget wisely . Having said all of that, if I was the SIO of this case , I would authorise whatever it takes in order to progress the investigation and to bring SM home and obtain justice on her behalf.

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office has NEVER acknowledged having found the bicycle. In their press rflease of May 15, they did acknowledge having found "a personal item" (presumably in the initial organized search of the morning of May 12, but the bulletin is not specific).
chaffeesheriff.org/2020/05/15/may-15-update-on-search-for-suzanne-morphew/

Sure, they haven't told us much of anything, so we have to go with what we've got for a timeline through MSM unless LE tells us otherwise. No different than any other case where we have unknowns or info that isn't etched in stone. We have to glean what we can from whatever MSM is available and be open to adjustments as information is forthcoming from LE.

We have TN saying on Thursday that the bike was found on Sunday. So what time did the neighbour call LE? What time did LE arrive to start the search on that date in order for TN to state that her bike was found Sunday?

Putting up a reward when you know what happened is a no-risk move! The “safe return” rewards always bug me. You know they’re not getting paid out weeks into an investigation. Put up a reward for “information that leads to an arrest” and I’m interested.
Absolutely it is a no risk move. Anyone can say that whether they have the cash or even if they do not. Some people think money solves everything. This offer was so BM could be in hero status. IMO it was an arrogant move. JMO

Indeed, that was a mind blower. So if they don't know who he is, who is this guy and why did he make this *** for the family and searchers?
Good question.
I have some theories.
Several, in fact.
Imo --how well did BM and TN know each other before May 10th ?
Or were they strangers to each other ?
There's a reason I'm wondering.

Question : Will the funds be used to search for Suzanne ?
Did the fund specifically say that it was set up to bring her home ?
Can they (monies collected) legally be used for a defense if needed ?
Are there any legal 'minds' here willing to weigh in ?
Tia,
MOO

I've been very confused about those 2 photos and if that indeed means he was at the house after he was not supposed to be at the house. The photos were posted along with photos of the search and evidence being taken away from the residence. I have to assume the ones of him were taken earlier, when he was still permitted to be there. JMO
Considering the source...
DM isn't always accurate when it comes to dates and facts, although their photos are top notch.
We don't know when BM returned from his trip and the photos could have been taken that day ?

This article indicates her family does know who TN is and that he’s one of the reasons she was happy about moving to CO. ‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

It doesn't indicate which side of the family was giving what information because the same article says

Suzanne’s relative said they did not know Trevor Noel, and was not sure why Barry Morphew’s mother was the recipient of the donatons, though they did note that the fundraiser may be supplementing travel and housing costs for relatives who traveled to central Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor