Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: removed info sourced in family social media which is off limits>

A former church member stated she wasn't so well when the were preparing to move (paraphasing). Was she cancer free a second time, out of the woods and in remission? I certainly hope so and she is found safe. What medical bills would they have after two cancer treatment regiments? Just my thoughts and moo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle has been found, family says

SABBM:

Authorities have revealed very little about the investigation, but Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze told CBS4 Denver on Wedneday that his department had not ruled out foul play. Investigators have also said they do not believe Morphew was attacked or trapped by animals.

On Thursday, Morphew’s nephew Trevor Noel told a Fox 21 News reporter that Morphew’s bicycle was recovered on Sunday. Investigators have not confirmed this, and it remains unclear if the bike was recovered by a member of the official search party, or by a volunteer.

Just wanted to drop in this link about a couple of items we've been discussing, i.e., the fact that LE doesn't believe SM was attached by an animal and that it was TN who reported SM's bike was found on Sunday.

LE isn't saying anything one way or the other.

I'd sure love to know who found that bike, and how easily it was spotted.

Something tells me it was hidden in plain sight.

As if just waiting to be found.

JMO.
I have a close friend who also is a bike rider in Colorado. My opinion would be if her bike broke down she wouldn't risk putting it anywhere in the open for fear of it being stolen. Those bikes cost a pretty penny. She would camouflage it well and know exactly where it was after riding those roads on a regular basis. She also doesn't go empty handed, she has emergency supplies in her backpack. Drink, snack, necessary tools, plus a headset & phone. She's worried about hydration, sugar and breakdowns with the terrain. Bicycle riders don't just walk out the door with no phone unprepared. moo

If you can bring yourself to watch it again, note the points at which he starts double-blinking. There are at least two discrete periods of rapid double-blinking. Note what he's talking about during those 2 or 3 occasions.

He's double-blinking during every other sentence. All the key points.

On the subject of blinking, I can't get out of my head... Elizabeth Holmes (of Theranos spectacular fraud fame) taught herself not to blink. So, she doesn't. However, when she has to give a deposition under oath, she starts blinking like crazy! CA - Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos) Wire Fraud

St Clements.... as in the bells in London? "Oranges and Lemons, say the bells of St Clements..."? "Chop. Chop. Chop." That's quite the killer reference: right on topic.

Last edited:
I'm going to answer this definitively:

NO.

That's not confirmed, and with good reason, too:

It's impossible for the neighbor to have seen SM riding her bike Sunday, because SM did not in fact ride her bike on Sunday.

JMO.
I agree with you on this. That's why I asked if it was confirmed, because I have never seen this confirmed in an MSM article or by LE. Thank you @GordianKnot!

If LE has taken evidence from the Morphew's home (and I believe some photos from DM suggest they have) and they see BM as a POI or suspect, I'd think they wouldn't want to give him access. Can you imagine what might ensue if he were to return to his home and find certain items missing, tampered with, etc ...?
He'll know exactly what they took because when LE completes the search warrant, he'll get a copy and see the list of items with identifying serial #'s, that were seized. As for condition of the home, I don't think they'll try and destroy the house--that's not the goal.

Last edited:
He's double-blinking during every other sentence. All the key points.

On the subject of blinking, I can't get out of my head... Elizabeth Holmes (of Theranos spectacular fraud fame) taught herself not to blink. So, she doesn't. However, when she has to give a deposition under oath, she starts blinking like crazy! CA - Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos) Wire Fraud

St Clements.... as in the bells in London? "Oranges and Lemons, say the bells of St Clements..."? "Chop. Chop. Chop." That's quite the gruesome reference.

That whole Holmes & Theranos thing fascinated me. I just listened to John Carreyrou’s book Bad Blood on Audible and it was fantastic. But yes, her no blinking was creepy. And probably very telling once she was under oath. Along with her fake deep voice.

What has always puzzled me is how fast LE sprung into action right after the neighbor called to report Suzanne missing. Within what, an hour or so after she was reported missing, searches began, then other agencies got involved, etc.

Makes me wonder if the perp didn't expect that LE would be called so soon?

Good question.
I have some theories.
Several, in fact.
Imo --how well did BM and TN know each other before May 10th ?
Or were they strangers to each other ?
There's a reason I'm wondering.

Question : Will the funds be used to search for Suzanne ?
Did the fund specifically say that it was set up to bring her home ?
Can they (monies collected) legally be used for a defense if needed ?
Are there any legal 'minds' here willing to weigh in ?
Tia,
MOO
I'll carefully phrase this to stay within TOS. I've looked at SM's IG account, many beautiful family photo's dating back years. TN & BM are in many of them so I'm going to say "very well".

I haven’t read anything to indicate she was sighted riding her mountain bike Sunday morning. Just a thought, most of the homes in the mountain community of Salina are not close to each other. The size of the town is extremely small. If she had been seen by more than one person I believe LE would have reported it. What she was wearing that Sunday morning. It all very vague about where she was last seen riding.
Agree. I've seen the maps and am perplexed by how any neighbor could have seen her riding her bike by their house- there aren't many neighbors in her neighborhood and their homes are set back from the road.

He'll know exactly what they took because when the complete the search warrant, he'll get a copy and see the list of items with identifying serial #'s, etc. As for condition of the home, I don't think they'll try and destroy the house--that's not the goal.
Even if so, I would think common sense protocol would give LE a way to keep him from returning the the house during the investigation if he's a suspect. For instance (and I'm just making this up to illustrate my point), suppose they sliced up pieces of carpet because luminal detected blood. They'd be crazy to give him access to this kind of information at this stage.

I don't know. He was, I think, being described as a nephew at some point

There are at least 3 different people (male) associated either by MSM or innuendo with this case (not counting the Fire Chief).

One is the nephew. Another is a fellow firefighter who is named in an early article as the only person who can contact BLM, because BLM is living with him and BLM doesn't have his own phone.

It's interesting (and perhaps completely irrelevant) that somehow both Letecia Stauch and Barry Morphew managed to slip into the MSM accounts that they were now bereft of a phone. If it were me, I'd want to keep that on the down low - and get a new phone. I'd definitely consult with an attorney about what to do.

Neither was using any phone number associated with themselves to try and find Gannon/Suzanne - the hotline number was widely distributed. As the days go by and Suzanne has not been found, I wonder if his fellow firefighters are talking amongst themselves and pondering some of the same things we are. It's a very strange case.

Even if so, I would think common sense protocol would give LE a way to keep him from returning the the house during the investigation if he's a suspect. For instance (and I'm just making this up to illustrate my point), suppose they sliced up pieces of carpet because luminal detected blood. They'd be crazy to give him access to this kind of information at this stage.

Releasing the home back to BM is one issue. LE can't hold onto the house indefinitely.

Legally BM has a right to know what was seized as part of the search warrants executed. In your example the wording would be: 1 <length> x <width> section of carpet from <name of room>.

They're not going to say in the search warrant why they collected those specific items, only that they collected specific items and the items will be identified. The search warrant spells out the gist of what LE is looking for right up front. The only people who will know what was collected will be LE, the DA's office, the judge who signed the search warrant order, the owner of the home (BM). The public will not find out until such time a search warrant is unsealed or at trial.

And the suspect (BM in this case) won't find out what actual *evidence* the state has to prove the case until he's arrested and charged. If he's never arrested and charged he'll never know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members