Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
1. This is leaning towards abduction.
2. If so why aren't LE advising the public on their safety??

I'm thinking if this is an abduction, maybe it's targeted only toward her hence why there isn't a warning to the public. Maybe they have a POI, maybe someone was stalking her, harassing her, etc. MOO

The reward amount is life changing money, and now it is double. I am leaning on abduction if reward was approved or advised by L.E. If reward was put up without L.E. permission or against L.E. advice- I lean toward diversion smoke screen. Also the sheriff refused to comment on the husbands co-operating or not. So the question is.....was reward ok'd by L.E. or not?

But none of my children are away at college. They just finished their semesters here at the house on-line. Ditto for my high schooler. Weird that she would be alone all day at the house on Mother's Day.

I don't find it as weird that her daughters weren't physically there with her at the house on MD, given that the older one was rumored to be away at college and the younger rumored to be off on a camping trip for the weekend, covid social distancing rules notwithstanding.

We really don't "know" where either daughter was that weekend, at least, not from an MSM source. The only thing we know via MSM is that the husband was reportedly away on a trip to Denver. Which is only 2 hours and 40 minutes from their home, by the way.

What I find extremely odd is that we're not hearing that either of her daughters OR her husband attempted to contact her that day to wish her a happy MD.

One would think if there were calls or texts to her cell that went unanswered that day, LE would have included that info as part of the known timeline surrounding her disappearance, i.e., "One of her daughters tried to reach her earlier on Sunday but her phone went straight to v/m, etc."

I'm finding it much too coincidental that she was apparently home alone for the weekend when she disappeared.

I also suspect it was a family member who contacted a neighbor and asked the neighbor to contact LE.

And if that's the case, that's just flat weird.

JMO.

Last edited:
Did we ever find out if one of the two received inheritance money or something? The husband offered up the $100,000 pretty quick! Which is wonderful if you have the means to do so!

However, my husband is a wildland firefighter, and I am also a teacher and let’s just say we don’t have that kind of cash to offer up LOL.

Maybe they made some good investments or something. Just trying to get a feel for the possibility of a kidnapping for ransom, but I personally don’t see that. I guess anything is possible. MOO

I don't think it's unusual at all that her kids weren't there. We're only partially opened back up and still not supposed to visit with people we don't live with like that. I'm in CO and didn't visit family for Mother's Day because I don't want to put them at risk. Aren't they college students? It probably would be for the best that they didn't visit if they hadn't already been living at home.

IIRC, the oldest daughter is in college and the younger daughter is a sophomore in high school.
JMO

So, let me get this straight.

- They have a home worth 1.5 million.

- Other home worth almost 1 mil not sold in Indiana

- Husband puts up reward of 100,000.

- Friend adds another 100,000.

They need a go fund me page?

Now this is reminding me of Sherri Papini. Why in the heck have they not revealed where the bike was found? So weird.

I don't know what to think about this reward. It was posted on day 2 and now it's increased to 200k on day 4. I feel bad questioning it but it's just so odd. This whole situation is odd!
I feel like they were involved in business with people they should not have been (thinking Ozarks (Netflix show) type scenario) and the reward is a legit concern by the husband/family. They think she is alive and money will bring her back. IMO she was taken with intention and the husband knows info we don't.

imo

Now this is reminding me of Sherri Papini. Why in the heck have they not revealed where the bike was found? So weird.
I didn’t even think of that case! Great thoughts to ponder. Wish we had more information to go on.

I feel like they were involved in business with people they should not have been (thinking Ozarks (Netflix show) type scenario) and the reward is a legit concern by the husband/family. They think she is alive and money will bring her back. IMO she was taken with intention and the husband knows info we don't.

imo
Weed biz maybe?

imo
Oh man does this have an Ozark vibe! :eek:

If this was your wife or mother and you were advised that anything you say/post has the potential to hinder the investigation for whatever reason you don’t take that chance, period. I would think they’ve also been advised not to look at social media as it is speculative and often unkind. When you’re already in the emotional state they HAVE to be in, you just don’t need to see some of this stuff. I think it would do them more emotional damage than aide in finding Suzanne. People close to them are aware of what’s happening if they had any helpful information it would be given without social media pleas from those closest to the situation.
JMO
Sorry I’m new here, I hope this doesn’t break any posting rules.

I agree. The fact that LE was all over this thing from day 1 with several agencies, dogs, drones, and searches, tells me that they are very focused and have asked the family to remain silent.

I've had this possibility in my mind, too. A vehicle accident with someone trying to cover up what happened. But would it make sense in that scenario for someone to leave the bike?
As I recall from driving along that main road on a trip to Crested Butte with some friends many years ago, it's typical Colorado with many turns and inclines/descents. Most likely any spur road would be as well. It would be difficult to see around the bend or over the next hill and thus striking a cyclist with a car is a fair probability. As for leaving the bike, I personally would have no room in my vehicle for one. Could be just that, leave the bike behind because no way to transport it. Plus panic and time is of the essence. Hard to imagine no other vehicles traveled along those same roads. Of course, it depends on where the bike was found and what condition it was in. Those would be more specific clues to what may have happened. JMO

I thought of Sherri Papini as well. The no questions asked with the reward brought back all sorts of reverse ransom flashback nightmares.

I don't find it as weird that her daughters weren't physically there with her at the house on MD, given that we're hearing the older one was away at college and the younger rumored to be off on a camping trip for the weekend, covid social distancing rules notwithstanding.

What I find extremely odd is that we're not hearing that either of her daughters OR her husband attempted to contact her that day to wish her a happy MD.

One would think if there were calls or texts to her cell that went unanswered that day, LE would have included that info as part of the known timeline surrounding her disappearance, i.e., "One of her daughter tried to reach her earlier that day but her phone went straight to v/m, etc."

I'm finding it much too coincidental that she was apparently home alone for the weekend when she disappeared.

I also suspect it was a family member who contacted a neighbor and asked the neighbor to contact LE.

And if that's the case, that's just flat weird.

JMO.
It is flat weird.

The only reason I think the Mother’s Day aspect is weird is what high school kid would be camping away from mom on MD? During a pandemic no less. Camping with other HS friends? What about their mothers? The day before MD or the day after, okay. But not ON MD. Doesn’t ring true to me at all. It might mean nothing, but it’s weird.
College students mostly have gone home during this scary time, but maybe if her college daughter is older than say 20 I could buy it. Again, might mean nothing, but it doesn’t sit right.

The amount of money we're seeing connected to this case is hugely concerning to me.

The fact that there's a home back in IN that hasn't sold yet is worrisome, especially given the fact that another poster who researched it indicated that there are 7k in back taxes owed on it.

As we've all seen time and time again, financial motives loom large in murders, including domestic ones.

I sincerely doubt that LE is pleased that the family has upped the reward to 200k.

Which is to say, I suspect they're distinctly displeased, as this monumental amount will likely result in all kinds of false leads and tips that they're going to have to vet thoroughly, costing them valuable time and manpower.

That 200k reward being offered is suspicious in and of itself.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members