CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Credit hours. So how does someone earn 60 or more credits in a single semester?

Exactly, it is impossible to do.
Also, the article showing M received her GED is posted in JBean's post above and the link is provided too.

That ought to clear things up. She got her High School GED as noted in the ceremony October 2010.

Exactly, it is impossible to do.
Also, the article showing M received her GED is posted in JBean's post above and the link is provided too.

That ought to clear things up. She got her High School GED as noted in the ceremony October 2010.

Ack!

So what exactly IS the truth? My head is spinning with all of the inconsistencies!!!!!

Ack!

So what exactly IS the truth? My head is spinning with all of the inconsistencies!!!!!

Well, the newspaper ariticle that I've copy/pasted and JBean linked (see above post) clearly states that M was receiving her GED and excited about he future prospects of Colorado Mountain College. That's it in a nutshell.

I will reiterate, my point is not to harm the reputation of M. My point is to show that we need to find the truth out in this case cause that's what we do.

I think it goes to background and M's formative influences, it also goes to the whole haziness and ambiguity of some of the info we have been given. A college level reader (writer?) at 7, a prolific writer according to mom, artistic but the blog has been surprisingly non-specific as to her grade average, her scholarship achievements. Honestly, that article also gives me the impression that M was a member of that graduating class which doesn't gel with the associate's degree. I have to say I also find M comes across very much younger than 20. That could be partly down to cultural differences since I find a lot of American young people, in some ways, much more 'sheltered' than their Euro counterparts but, even allowing for that, if I didn't know she was 20 I'd say mom was talking of a 15-16 year a lot of the time.

Since she was home schooled, there might not be much to say about her grade point average or scholastic achievements that doesn't sound like bragging.

The type of maturity you describe most often comes with leaving home. When you go away to school, you have to manage time, money, attend classes, meet deadlines, work a part-time job for spending money, do your own laundry, etc.

Since she was still living at home, it's not surprising that she didn't seem that much more mature than a 16-year-old. After all, she was earning money babysitting and still had a curfew. I don't see anything abnormal or wrong about this...She was very much a teenager at 20 years old....hardly unusual.

It's also hardly unusual for parents to baby the baby of the family.

Ack!

Well let's link anything that you (all) find inconsistent and we can settle it once and for all and move on.

Of course the levels are concerning, but since both the ami and the flex are more available, they may be harder to track down. Something as unusual as Dalmane might be easier to trace, especially in a town that small. If it's being sold on the streets, the police might have knowledge of that. It would also be easy to check if anyone associated with the family or the group has had it RX'd. If I were an investigator, that's the route I'd be looking into right now, lacking anything else to go on.

BBM: Yes, it is not commonly seen anymore---really not for decades. More commonly seen are street drugs that don't require a prescription and are harder to track a source like heroin, crack, meth, K2, bath salts, etc.

"Old school Dalmane" might be very easy to find a source within M's circle.

I read that article, and it just says she was a speaker....speakers could have come from past graduates....and when they say "future" at CMC, it could be the other two speakers were future students and the writing was sloppy....or she could have already started taking classes at CMC while she prepared for the GED test...thereby getting her high school equivalency late while being way ahead of the game on her AA degree. We also know she was learning languages on her own and taking classes online as well.

There are incredible opportunities out there for high school kids to earn college credits or develop vocational skills. My one child is interested in early childhood development and can actually graduate high school with early childhood certification.

Just for the record, that says the ceremony was in June 2011, not October. I don't know how much difference it would make having an extra 4 months, but I don't see why 60 semester credits coun't be done in 2 semesters if a student was really determined.

When I got my AA, they still had quarters rather than semesters, and I earned 102 quarter credits in 15 months (an AA required 90.) It was a total of over 30 classes, and would have been equivalent to 68 semester classes. I took at least 6 classes per quarter (although some were only 1 credit) worked part time and I had a 3 year-old at home, but still managed to have a GPA. I'm no genius so if all she was doing was taking classes, I don't see why she couldn't do it.

Yes and Casey Anthony is innocent because well there were inconsistencies. /sarcasm

Just for the record, that says the ceremony was in June 2011, not October. I don't know how much difference it would make having an extra 4 months, but I don't see why 60 semester credits coun't be done in 2 semesters if a student was really determined.

When I got my AA, they still had quarters rather than semesters, and I earned 102 quarter credits in 15 months (an AA required 90.) It was a total of over 30 classes, and would have been equivalent to 68 semester classes. I took at least 6 classes per quarter (although some were only 1 credit) worked part time and I had a 3 year-old at home, but still managed to have a GPA. I'm no genius so if all she was doing was taking classes, I don't see why she couldn't do it.
Actually I think it was June 2010. :) So if we are talking 1 1/2 years of classes probably year round. whats the issue? 2 summer schools in there as well.

Actually I think it was June 2010. :) So if we are talking 1 1/2 years of classes probably year round. whats the issue?

Duh! :blushing:

That would have taken a lot of brains to complete your degree before you started school!

No disrespect but I'm *very* familiar with how college and university systems currently work. I'm certain they don't do "quarters" anymore. Where I went at the University, 6 classes put you at the maximum allowable load. 6 classes equals 18 credits which is one semester, full load. Even if M did 2 semesters at the max load = 36 credits and two semesters puts her into May 2011. There are a few classes that may equal 4 credits each (classes with a lab component) but by and large, most classes equal 3 credits each. To gain an Associates Degree, you need a minimum of 60 credits which is 20 classes. Highly improbable for even the most determined and brightest to do 20 classes in two semesters.

So M would still be a far cry away from 60 credits. There is also residency requirements to graduate with an Associate's Degree from any school. Residency requirements are put in place at all schools for the simple reason that you can't come in with most of your classes (say from High School) and be able to breeze through with just a few classes and claim you received your degree from that school. They also have to make a profit.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions regarding college/university please....

Duh! :blushing:

That would have taken a lot of brains to complete your degree before you started school!

hahaha. She could have some college credits already. But even if she didn't she could have done:
summer 2010 15 units (average load)
Fall 2010 15 units
spring 2011 15 units
summer 2011 15 units
that is 4 semesters and time to spare.

what am I missing? she could have accomplished this easily.

Actually I think it was June 2010. :) So if we are talking 1 1/2 years of classes probably year round. whats the issue? 2 summer schools in there as well.

Well, actually she would go from September 2010 until May 2011. That is the traditional semesters. Yes, she may have taken a summersession class or two but 2 semesters does not an Associates Degree make.

hahaha. She could have some college credits already. But even if she didn't she could have done:
summer 2010 15 units (average load)
Fall 2010 15 units
spring 2011 15 units
summer 2011 15 units
that is 4 semesters and time to spare.

what am I missing? she could have accomplished this easily.

Well, they don't let you carry as heavy of a load in the summersession classes in every school. My university would only let you take 2 summer classes (6 credits) because they are accelerated (shorter length of time).
My university average full load was 15 credits per semester.

We have heard that M wasn't in school after Spring semester finished (May 2011) because she went out to California (sister) and also to Hawaii.

Here's a clip from the "GED article". Bolding done by me:

Student success is always a good reason to celebrate. On the evening of June 16th, the Roaring Fork Campus Learning Labs honored 41 successful GED and high school diploma student with a graduation ceremony and party. It was an exciting event attended by a large and supportive audience of families and friends.

Three student speakers, Ana Mendenhall, Matt Burmaster, and Morgan Ingram, shared inspiring stories of their paths to GED success as well as their future plans at CMC.

Maybe it's just me, but I just can't see how someone could share a story about their "path to GED success" without actually taken the path to getting a GED.

It seems plain as day to me, and I don't mean anything snarky by that. I just don't get how it could be interpreted any other way.

Well, they don't let you carry as heavy of a load in the summersession classes in every school. My university would only let you take 2 summer classes (6 credits) because they are accelerated (shorter length of time).
My university average full load was 15 credits per semester.

We have heard that M wasn't in school after Spring semester finished (May 2011) because she went out to California (sister) and also to Hawaii.

I have 2 kids that justr finished summer session - one with an 18 unit load.

ETA:CMC’s academic year is three semester (summer, fall, spring).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member