CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been addressed but I missed it...How does Morgan's mother know the exact dates of each incident? Did she document everything as it happened?

Yes they starting documenting everything with the stalking.

Her mom would even flip on the light and write the time down when motion detectors went off and such until they put an app on their phone.

Even if scared I think she tried to live out life as normal as possible. I can see someone being scared but thinking defiantly I'm going to do x, y, and z today...to hell with this/them.

But sleeping on your parents closet floor for weeks until your back hurts isn't living a normal life. It would have been simple enough to board up the windows in her bedroom and even put another lock on the door so she would feel safe in her own room (could also black out all lights so the stalker wouldn't know when she turned them out). I would think most 20 year olds would WANT some privacy, comfort, their own bed, etc....

Since their hunting cam picked up deer one would think there could be a variety of critters that could set off those motion detector lights. Moths can also set them off.

I would be interested in hearing others' perspectives on the new post -- specifically, I think that I had set an unrealistic expectation that there would be an "aha" moment that served as the catalyst for the case to move from misdemeanor trespassing to felony stalking. (By "aha moment," I mean an action/incident that could not possibly be interpreted by LE as anything other than one human stalking another human.)

From the new post, though, it sounds (to me) like the family is uncertain about what prompted the change in status?

from what others have posted regarding the statutes...I think it was changed due to the number of reported incidents. Also, in those latest comments, it is stated that we know for a fact he had been on the roof....?? ok how?

going back to the pills...if she had taken them and they were fully absorbed into her syatem, would there be any fragments left in her stomach? how does that work?

why have we not seen the intital autopsy report? the later findings have been posted - so considered out of order for the blog...do they have the initial report?

in the prior thread it was posted that mom had commented in the blog about Moragn's plannign journal. (when talking about her future) I would love to know if she kept more than one journal and if those were reviewed....

Does anyone know if there is or have a link to the daily police blotter for Carbondale PD?
Not the county sheriff but the local PD.
Thanks in advance.

personally I don't see much if any more eveindence will be coming out. and I think we all will just be going around and around with the same unanswered questions.

Okay it is in there, I have sent you to the wrong posting. I'll keep looking. It was in there, that the panic button would stay but would only be for emergency, she would text and they could use that as a record of the exact time the sound occurred.

Thanks for the allergy help, I'll give your guys ideas a try!

I think this is the post you're referring to? She addresses the panic button issue in the actual blog, here. Overuse of the button caused sleepless nights, basically.

http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=1336

In fact now that I think about it, if she WERE so freaked out she had to sleep near her parents why wouldn't they just put another small bed in the room? That way they would hear what SHE heard and she wouldn't be terrorized by strange noises and having to text from the closet.

But sleeping on your parents closet floor for weeks until your back hurts isn't living a normal life. It would have been simple enough to board up the windows in her bedroom and even put another lock on the door so she would feel safe in her own room (could also black out all lights so the stalker wouldn't know when she turned them out). I would think most 20 year olds would WANT some privacy, comfort, their own bed, etc....

Since their hunting cam picked up deer one would think there could be a variety of critters that could set off those motion detector lights. Moths can also set them off.

At the point at which she unplugged the baby monitor, she had gone back to her room and was no longer sleeping on the closet floor. It seems to me she was trying to regain some control over her life despite being scared. Also, at this point, the stalking had been going on for four months without any violence, etc. I'm sure she was still scared, but at the same time, after four months it seems that one would become a little desensitized to taps on the window, etc. sure they are still scary, but probably not as immediately terrifying as when they first began.

There is a post on the blog where TI mentions Morgan sewing thick curtains for her windows to keep the stalker from seeing in. Boarding up the windows would probably not be the first thing that occurred to me in such a situation. In fact, it may not have occurred to me at all. That she didn't take that specific action, does not indicate not being scared or concerned to me.

ETA: here is the post that talks about Morgan going back to her room and the first mention of tacking up the curtains. If I recall correctly, it is mentioned again later as well.

http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=978

Eta 2: correction, in the above link she talks about tacking curtains to the wall. Here's the link about the sewing:
http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=1096

In fact now that I think about it, if she WERE so freaked out she had to sleep near her parents why wouldn't they just put another small bed in the room? That way they would hear what SHE heard and she wouldn't be terrorized by strange noises and having to text from the closet.

I think that is just a matter of personal choice; what each of our own comfort level is. I may have opted to sleep in her room myself- but imo there is no right or wrong- just whatever you think of at that time and what helps you sleep at night.

not to mention TI's closet sounded bigger than some of the rooms in my house (re: windows, etc)

My Opinion, I think they felt the house inside was safe, and never thought someone would break in. I probably would of been freaked out the second time I found a broken lock on a door, but I am a I don't care if there was no crime on earth am still locking everything up girl.

A lot must happen to set up a baby monitor. And I can totally see why she turned it off.

not to mention TI's closet sounded bigger than some of the rooms in my house (re: windows, etc)
My walk-in closet is huge and could fit in a few beds or cots without touching the clothes/shoeracks. I guess some are thinking it is just a regular closet. It really would be a perfect place to hide someone.

Has it been mentioned if the cameras catch any of the roof above M's window or the roof by the tree adj. to parents room?

I did a little self test today. The garbage men were coming down our street and I realized that I didn't put the bin out. I hopped up out of bed, put some sweats on (that were by bed) and shoved feet in shoes before running out door. I am guessing it took me about 15 seconds. So if M's dad could get outside in about that time...maybe 20 seconds if he has to run around the side of the house...could someone be hidden in that amount of time? In a tree? Run away? On the roof? I would like to hear what you all think. Obviously it would be dark with minimal lights outside the perimeter of the house.

I have to admit, I don't know if I would stay in my parents room or not. I can't imagine what I would do. I may for a night, then just get over it. It wouldn't have caused them any issues though, lol.

Guess that is what is confusing me, staying in the closet then not wanting monitor on. I understand being a bit old for the monitor, but if I were scared enough to stay in their room, I might leave the monitor on.

However, we are not M, so we can't know. :(

Boarding up the windows would probably not be the first thing that occurred to me in such a situation. In fact, it may not have occurred to me at all. That she didn't take that specific action, does not indicate not being scared or concerned to me.

ETA: here is the post that talks about Morgan going back to her room and the first mention of sewing the curtains. If I recall correctly, it is mentioned again later as well.

Hmmm...that was one of the first things I thought of when the "tapping" started on the bedroom window. If they are waiting until the bedroom light goes out then I would fix it so they couldn't see the bedroom lights anymore. Curtains aren't going to stop the light from being visible outside.

(I do watch a lot of scary movies so tend to think in extreme terms).

Hmmm...that was one of the first things I thought of when the "tapping" started on the bedroom window. If they are waiting until the bedroom light goes out then I would fix it so they couldn't see the bedroom lights anymore. Curtains aren't going to stop the light from being visible outside.

(I do watch a lot of scary movies so tend to think in extreme terms).

I was in a hurry earlier and made a mistake. The first link I posted above talked about tacking curtains around her window. Here is the link that talks about the sewing:

http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=1096

I edited it into the post above too.

I seems that she was trying to keep anyone from seeing inside at all and trying to block out the light as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445