CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have to agree to disagree, because I think he is wearing them in the wildlife cam pic. It not only explains why he saw the flash of the camera, while the PO's didn't, but he also hit it (property damage according to the police log).

I don't see why a snoopy neighbor would bother to try and destroy the camera. Neither do I believe any normal person would go sneak around in a neighbor's yard when they see police cars and at least 3 PO wondering around that yard. That sounds like a good way to get arrested or shot. Nevermind, that a neighbor would come down the drive and not just appear from somewhere within the yard.

I thought it was daytime during the porch/office incident. So no, I don't expect anyone would be running around with night vision goggles during the daytime.

I also thought the neighbor's dog (R) did bark. :waitasec:

I thought the guy in the wildlife cam pic was wearing a backwards cap. Oh wait, no, it was his face in profile. Oopsie, wrong again, it was a do-rag with longish hair sticking out. Gah, wrong again, it was night goggles. Can any of us really say what's in that pic?

The time that Toni saw a man on the porch was something like 4:30am. It was dark. I don't know about the office incident, when she heard a noise on the window and Morgan wasn't home. I speculate that was just a bug hitting the glass.

Uhhh yeah but the real world isn't quite like a video game. In the real world climbing up on a neighbors roof while "slipping between camera shots" is not that easy, people hear things, cameras see things etc...

Not to mention if the resident is continually running outside with flashlights looking for the alleged stalker the roof would be a REALLY bad place to get caught. You would be a sitting duck until the police arrived! Well...unless he had a batman type tool belt that allowed him to repel off the roof silently.

BBM. . .but it's as close as your going to get. I think the old school term is video training simulators. ;)

Army will use cutting-edge video game technology for soldier training
“Today’s warfighters are young guys who have grown up with Xbox and Playstation, and expect advanced graphics,” West said. “With this system we’re using the latest and best in gaming technology.”

http://www.stripes.com/blogs/stripe...game-technology-for-soldier-training-1.144585

And I disagree about being a sitting duck on a roof. The vantage point has many advantages. The person on the ground can only be in one position, even if they bother to look on the roof. So the perp just simply goes down on the opposite side. . .the person on the ground would have to run around the entire house, by that time the perp could be gone. Nevermind that a person would probably have to climb a ladder or tree to get on a roof, and that's a pretty vulnerable position to be in if the perp can see you coming in advance.

MOO

4:30 am man on the porch. How is the newspaper delivered? End of driveway or on porch? Juuuuuuuuust throwing thoughts around.

I thought the guy in the wildlife cam pic was wearing a backwards cap. Oh wait, no, it was his face in profile. Oopsie, wrong again, it was a do-rag with longish hair sticking out. Gah, wrong again, it was night goggles. Can any of us really say what's in that pic?

The time that Toni saw a man on the porch was something like 4:30am. It was dark. I don't know about the office incident, when she heard a noise on the window and Morgan wasn't home. I speculate that was just a bug hitting the glass.

I know what I see, I guess it's up to everyone else to investigate it on their own.

Do you have the link for that office incident? Is it in the blog or was it on the radio interview? I was under the impression that it was in the evening. I thought Morgan wasn't there and it was sometime before they would expect her home. I could be wrong though.

Wait. . I thought they were both the same event. I will have to go back and re-read that, cause I'm clearly confused on that one. :confused:

I got 4:30 from Snowball's post, but I do remember it being super duper early. I'll try to go back and search and find it!

(p.s. you people are making me VERY UNPRODUCTIVE lately!! LOL)

ETA: Here is the post about it. http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=765

From the link:

"My intuition is taking over, and I feel like someone is out there, I never sit at the end of the couch and drink coffee. Its as if just maybe if I sit still enough, and open up to all the sounds and movements in the dark then something will come to me, so that is what I do…I sit as still as possible."

So here she is, waiting to see something sinister. Then:

"There was sudden motion, and I froze, my eyes locked on the front door. Our front door has beveled glass in it, the porch light completely illuminates the porch and a person was out there. I focused my eyes and stared. What I saw was 100% clear, there was no doubt it was a person wearing a hoodie that just ran up to our front door. They had run up along the garage door, past the laundry room window, and up onto our porch. It looked like he glanced through the beveled glass window and saw me and in that instant he turned and moved across the porch, never looking back in the window, his side to me now, and running off the porch, through the planter knocking a motion detector out of the aspen tree, setting off the alarm."

Sounds like a newspaper boy could be the case, and glancing up at that hour of the morning and seeing a woman in the house staring at you, then jogging away and setting off a motion alarm likely scared the bejeezus out of him - I'd run away too!

I mean, we have a perp who uses night vision goggles and hides on rooftops and avoids detection and all of a sudden he's dumb enough to walk right up to a glass front door on a well lit porch in the early hours of the morning and is unlucky enough that Toni is right there to see it (which she would normally never ever be?!)

A motion detector was in the tree?

Someone could run past it and knock it out of the tree?

Not that a sudden appearance of someone (even innocent) on my porch WOULDN'T scare the daylights out of me, so I totally understand why it freaked TI out. I'd have thrown that tea/coffee all over myself, the couch, the wall, and screamed bloody murder!

I got 4:30 from Snowball's post, but I do remember it being super duper early. I'll try to go back and search and find it!

(p.s. you people are making me VERY UNPRODUCTIVE lately!! LOL)

ETA: Here is the post about it. http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=765

Ok, thanks. She says it was still dark, but the porch lights were on. I wonder what time dawn was that day?

Ok, thanks. She says it was still dark, but the porch lights were on. I wonder what time dawn was that day?

In September in Colorado, around 6-6:30. 4:30 would be super dark still.

From the same blog entry:

"For the longest time I stood at the back sliding glass door, and stared at the backyard, it was still very dark outside and I could just make out the trail over the berm."

I wanted to address a few things that have been mentioned, and I'm too lazy to go back and multi-quote, so please forgive me if my post bounces around a lot.

I. I'm sure a resident attorney will correct me if I remember this wrong, I believe that libel is when you: 1. write something untrue about another person. 2. You know it's untrue at the time. 3. It causes damage to the person's occupation/income source. The three biggest defenses aer that 1. It's true. 2. You have reasonable explanations for why you believe it's true. 3. It doesn't affect the person financially. I don't know if any of what's on the blog or the people it's about would pass the test. I do think that it might be possible for them to send a C&D letter, but I'm not real sure about how they'd work in these circumstances.

II. It's not really that hard to walk without making noise - even on a roof (I just wish some people who live in apartments would teach their kids how!). Hearing footsteps bothered me so much when I was young that I got to the point where I could walk in 3 inch heels on any kind of pavement, walk through dried leaves, run on any kind of surface if barefoot and never make a sound. I am surprised that someone on "hyper-alert" wouldn't here an occational step, creak, etc., but with the attic between the roof and the ceilings, background noises most people have in their homes, and a conscious effort by the person to step quietly, I don't think it would be that obvious to most people.

III. Video games may not teach kids exactly how to do things, but they can give them a general idea. For instance (not saying this is or isn't the case here), a 'peeping tom' wants to watch a girl/woman who has drapes covering all windows except those up near the ceiling. It might not teach them how to climb on the roof, go over to the window, lean over the edge with a mirror on a pole and watch - but it could lay out that outline for him to follow. I'm not suggesting that video games turn kids/people into criminals, but they could help unimaginative [potential] criminals to come up with plans for their crimes.

IV. I don't remember who mentioned it, but I remember reading it. I believe someone asked about quoting the blog if we aren't allowed to recopy the pictures. The rules of this thread do say that we weren't allowed to 'copy' anything from the blog here, it had to be paraphrased.

V. To me it doesn't really matter who the figure in the picture was, it showed that there was someone there.

VI. No offense intended to anyone here, but I'm sure somebody will feel offended by this. It sometimes bothers me to read that M and/or TI had to be imagining or making things up because ther's no proof that it happened. They then turn around and say that what most likely happened is <...> and say something that there is not only no evidence for, but wouldn't even fit with the little evidence there is.

Lucky for you, by the time I got caught up with my reading, I forgot most of the points I wanted to mention.

From the same blog entry:

"For the longest time I stood at the back sliding glass door, and stared at the backyard, it was still very dark outside and I could just make out the trail over the berm."

I may be way wrong, iirc, they didn't know about the trail in the berm until they moved and looked at google maps???

What alarm, btw? (The tree, motion detector, alarm thing.)

Just a random thought but um... They've said they didn't realize you could access the roof via the tree until after they'd moved and then there's sample video of them climbing up on the roof to prove it. Does anybody live there now? How awkward would it be to go to a house you no longer live in to shoot a video of yourself climbing up on the roof? LOL no real purpose to this, just weird.

4:30 am man on the porch. How is the newspaper delivered? End of driveway or on porch? Juuuuuuuuust throwing thoughts around.

Usually, if , they have news paper delivery service they will drop it at the end of the drive way, they do not come up to the porch like the do in the city.

We're discussing the blog - it's the basis of this whole thread, so I assume it's ok to quote the blog as long as we also provide a link to the page the quote is taken from. Mods, please correct me if I'm wrong. I would think paraphrasing would be a dangerous way to spread inaccurate info on the threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip