Coaster kills boy at 6 Flags Over Georgia

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't say they HAVE to, dean. I agree the fencing (two freaking rows!!) should have been enough. A little extra insurance wouldn't be a bad idea though, IMO.

If this happens frequently (hopping over to retrieve something), like I think I saw alluded to earlier, then I would do it as a park owner. I'm not saying this is the fault of the park at all though.

I didn't say they HAVE to, dean. I agree the fencing (two freaking rows!!) should have been enough. A little extra insurance wouldn't be a bad idea though, IMO.

If this happens frequently (hopping over to retrieve something), like I think I saw alluded to earlier, then I would do it as a park owner. I'm not saying this is the fault of the park at all though.
I hope you don't think I was attacking you for your thoughts.:blowkiss: I am just REALLY upset that this happened. I want young people to WAKE THE FREAK UP! I have two young adults...23 and 25. I see A LOT of this kind of attitude...the rules don't apply to me...I am superman...type of mentality from them and their friends. It SCARES me and it makes me worry, along with ANGRY!!! Sorry if I seemed to have jumped on you. HUGS dear friend!!:blowkiss:

I would climb over two 6' tall fences to hug you back! :blowkiss:

In my experience of working for this corporation for 15 years, with 11 yeas of it on site at a sister park property, no, fence hopping does not happen frequently. Most people seem to understand what "Danger, Stay Out, Authorized Personnel Only" means. In order for this kid to get to a place on this type of ride where the ride itself hit him, he had to work pretty hard to get there.

Hey barbed wire or electric fence would most probably work here. A slight shock may have saved that boys life.

Hey barbed wire or electric fence would most probably work here. A slight shock may have saved that boys life.
I am sure that if someone got a shock from a fence, they would sue. I don't think a shock is necessary. I think people should obey the signs and rules at an amusement park. If they don't, I don't think the parks should be held responsible.

If signs were posted, no trespassing and also warning the fence was wired with electricity they would not be able to sue. This would save a person's life here. You can't guarantee that the person who will try a stunt like this has a brain in his/her head. As a parent would you rather have a kid with a little aftershock pain, or a dead one? JMHO

If signs were posted, no trespassing and also warning the fence was wired with electricity they would not be able to sue. This would save a person's life here. You can't guarantee that the person who will try a stunt like this has a brain in his/her head. As a parent would you rather have a kid with a little aftershock pain, or a dead one? JMHO
You have a brain in your head. Unfortunately, so many people don't. Even if people aren't successful suing, defending a lawsuit brought by an individual to a corporation, even UNJUSTLY, cost the companies millions annually. You would never get away with using a shock fence in an amusement park. What we in America need to do is bring back "personal responsibility" into the equation. Until we do, we as consumers will continue to see ourselves paying the price for stupidity and unnecessary lawsuits in more expensive goods and services.

Guess we have a standoff here dean. Whatever it's tragic for all sides.

Guess we have a standoff here dean. Whatever it's tragic for all sides.
Agreed. It is tragic for everyone!!! I love the sweet baby picture. I am such a sucker for babies!! I love them.:blowkiss:

Thanks for the update concernedperson

Dean, she's my first grandbaby just 7 weeks old now.

Your grandkids are adorable
and congrats to your son for getting his BA

Thanks for the update concernedperson

Dean, she's my first grandbaby just 7 weeks old now.

Your grandkids are adorable
and congrats to your son for getting his BA
Thank you grandma. She is a beauty. Tell her mom and dad they did well! ;)

What an total idiot. I shudder to think what teens are capable of doing. Some of them haven't the sense of a gnat. And then some are very smart and responsible. It depends on the kid.

I feel so sorry for the parents and family, also for anyone on the ride who saw this, they will all need some counseling. Seeing something like this is traumatizing.

I am not sure if this is a way of weighing someone's IQ level when they commit irrational acts. This boy certainly isn't the only one that has made a mistake that became fatal to them and even others. Adults are well known for making their share of fatal mistakes also.

He didn't sit there imo weighing the pros and realizing there were none but acted on impulse with no thought even to the dangers and more toward just what he was going to do. This boy sure never dreamed this would happen to him. To me an immature mind does immature things....some.....can have deadly results to their own safety.

I have seen both adults and teenagers who are supposed to be highly intelligent play with fire because they did not think things through.

A farmer I knew who had farmed for 40 years always worked on his hay bailer blades if it became clogged with any obstructions and he never used the safety switch to make sure the gears wouldn't engage. It worked all those decades for him until one day it did not and they found him at dark fall and he had bled to death when the gears pulled his arm into the blades and trapped him there. Did he know better or have plenty of knowledge as to the dangers? Yes but that did not save him in the end.

No matter what the reason that this happened it doesn't make it less tragic. There is now a young man who no longer has his life and his family is left to live with that loss forever.

I don't think anything different should have been done by Six Flags. With millions visiting yearly these unfortunate things will happen from time to time.

But imo there will be another person somewhere that will act compulsively rather than logically and the parks cant predict who those people are going to be.

imoo

I am not sure if this is a way of weighing someone's IQ level when they commit irrational acts. This boy certainly isn't the only one that has made a mistake that became fatal to them and even others. Adults are well known for making their share of fatal mistakes also.

He didn't sit there imo weighing the pros and realizing there were none but acted on impulse with no thought even to the dangers and more toward just what he was going to do. This boy sure never dreamed this would happen to him. To me an immature mind does immature things....some.....can have deadly results to their own safety.

I have seen both adults and teenagers who are supposed to be highly intelligent play with fire because they did not think things through.

A farmer I knew who had farmed for 40 years always worked on his hay bailer blades if it became clogged with any obstructions and he never used the safety switch to make sure the gears wouldn't engage. It worked all those decades for him until one day it did not and they found him at dark fall and he had bled to death when the gears pulled his arm into the blades and trapped him there. Did he know better or have plenty of knowledge as to the dangers? Yes but that did not save him in the end.

No matter what the reason that this happened it doesn't make it less tragic. There is now a young man who no longer has his life and his family is left to live with that loss forever.

I don't think anything different should have been done by Six Flags. With millions visiting yearly these unfortunate things will happen from time to time.

But imo there will be another person somewhere that will act compulsively rather than logically and the parks cant predict who those people are going to be.

imoo
I think our sadness, anger and references to this young man's IQ are out of frustration. We all know how much suffering this incident is going to weigh on his family, friends, and church members. I think we all see this accident as a foolish lapse of judgment. A young life lost...very sad indeed.

Every medical definition of decapitated means he lost his head, I don't see where they could think otherwise (snipped)

Actually there are internal decapitations where the head stays on, known as an "atlanto-occipital dissociation".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back