Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newtown parents learn comforting details about son's death

On Monday, after putting themselves "in a little cocoon," as she put it, Hockley decided it was time to tell the world about Dylan.

"He was autistic," she says, "but incredibly empathetic."

"He just wanted to have fun."
Just down the street lived Adam Lanza, 20. Authorities said Lanza opened fire inside Sandy Hook Elementary before taking his own life. They said he killed his mother, Nancy, before the school shooting.

Asked whether they knew the Lanzas, Nicole Hockley stiffened and said no.

But they say the pain has made it impossible to even drive past the Lanza home. So they are moving elsewhere in the community.

"You can't drive up your driveway every day and see the house of a person who took your son's life and who brought so much pain to so many people," Nicole said. "We are leaving that house. We will stay in Newtown, but that's just one thing too much. I can't do that every day."

Man who helped Sandy Hook kids is harassed by conspiracy theorists

Rosen took the four girls and two boys—students of slain teacher Victoria Soto—into his home, gave them toys and comforted them while he tried to reach their parents. He spent the days following the massacre telling his story to the swarming media that invaded the small Connecticut town in the wake of the shootings.

“I wanted to speak about the bravery of the children,” Rosen told Salon. “I guess I kind of opened myself up to this.”

A quick Web search for Rosen's name reveals some of what he's opened himself up to: Appearing online are photos of his home, his address and phone number, several fake YouTube accounts and plenty of conspiracy theories.

Connecticut town names school for slain Sandy Hook teacher

In the first permanent public memorial created after last month's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, the nearby town of Stratford, Connecticut, has named a local school for a teacher slain in the attack who was hailed as a hero.

The Stratford Town Council late on Monday, a month to the day following the attack, voted unanimously to name a new school the Victoria Soto Elementary School. Soto, 27, was killed when she tried to protect her students from an armed gunman, who shot and killed 20 first-graders and six staff members on December 14.

Soto grew up in Stratford, a coastal town about 22 miles south of Newtown, where Sandy Hook Elementary is located.

The Gene Rosen story as reported by Alex Seitz-Wald for Salon:

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/15/this_man_helped_save_six_children_is_now_getting_harassed_for_it/

TUESDAY, JAN 15, 2013 04:45 AM PST
This man helped save six children, is now getting harassed for it
Gene Rosen sheltered six kids during the Sandy Hook massacre. Now he's become a target of conspiracy theorists

BY ALEX SEITZ-WALD

snip

"In the hours and days that followed, Rosen did a lot of media interviews. “I wanted to speak about the bravery of the children, and it kind of helped me work through this,” he told Salon in an interview. “I guess I kind of opened myself up to this.”

The “this” in question is becoming a prime target of the burgeoning Sandy Hook truther movement, which — like its precursor that denied the veracity of the 9/11 terror attacks — alleges that the entire shooting was a hoax of some kind. There were conspiracy theories surrounding the shooting from Day One, but the movement has exploded into public view the past two weeks, and a Google Trends search suggests it’s just now picking up steam. It’s also beginning to earn the backing of presumably credible sources like a professor and a reporter."

More...

Also I suggest you read this article and then follow the links within it to an article the same author wrote a week ago about the "truthers".

The Gene Rosen story as reported by Alex Seitz-Wald for Salon:

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/15/this_man_helped_save_six_children_is_now_getting_harassed_for_it/

TUESDAY, JAN 15, 2013 04:45 AM PST
This man helped save six children, is now getting harassed for it
Gene Rosen sheltered six kids during the Sandy Hook massacre. Now he's become a target of conspiracy theorists

BY ALEX SEITZ-WALD

snip

"In the hours and days that followed, Rosen did a lot of media interviews. “I wanted to speak about the bravery of the children, and it kind of helped me work through this,” he told Salon in an interview. “I guess I kind of opened myself up to this.”

The “this” in question is becoming a prime target of the burgeoning Sandy Hook truther movement, which — like its precursor that denied the veracity of the 9/11 terror attacks — alleges that the entire shooting was a hoax of some kind. There were conspiracy theories surrounding the shooting from Day One, but the movement has exploded into public view the past two weeks, and a Google Trends search suggests it’s just now picking up steam. It’s also beginning to earn the backing of presumably credible sources like a professor and a reporter."

More...

Also I suggest you read this article and then follow the links within it to an article the same author wrote a week ago about the "truthers".

I watched a youtube video that was supposed to show that Sandy Hook was a hoax. I am not sure if it was made by the same guy or not. It is very disturbing how fast it is being passed around fb and how many people there are agreeing that the whole thing was just a hoax so they can ban guns or something.

I am just floored that there are conspiracy theories regarding Sandy Hook. My mind just doesn't spin that way. To think that there are people out there who actually think that this whole thing is a hoax, everyone was an actor/actress, and then to offer their "proof"....scary.

Rosen took the four girls and two boys—students of slain teacher Victoria Soto—into his home, gave them toys and comforted them while he tried to reach their parents. He spent the days following the massacre telling his story to the swarming media that invaded the small Connecticut town in the wake of the shootings.

“I wanted to speak about the bravery of the children,” Rosen told Salon. “I guess I kind of opened myself up to this.”

A quick Web search for Rosen's name reveals some of what he's opened himself up to: Appearing online are photos of his home, his address and phone number, several fake YouTube accounts and plenty of conspiracy theories.

This is really terrible...The worst thing about the internet is it gives idiots and fools a chance to still speak
and continue to dispay their considerable ignorance of class, character and a centered value system

Life is Hard...It's Harder if you're stupid - John Wayne

I am just floored that there are conspiracy theories regarding Sandy Hook. My mind just doesn't spin that way. To think that there are people out there who actually think that this whole thing is a hoax, everyone was an actor/actress, and then to offer their "proof"....scary.

I hear you.
I just clicked on a video on youtube, talking about conspiracy, blabla, everything was a hoax. I really regret watching it now, because I gave this dumb video a view and because I am really angry now. There are comments just flying in on that video, most of them agreeing to the conspiracy theory. When I wrote a comment debunking almost every single point, it was marked as spam immediately and got lots of thumbs down.
What I find really sad is that the tribute memorial video I made on youtube has only 1000 views, but this stupid conspiracy video , that is disrespecting the victims and everyone involved, has 5.862.547 views already.
I really hate conspiracy theories.
The video and lots of the comments are saying bad things even about Mr. Parker and Victoria Soto.

I am so angry right now I could cry.:banghead:

Nicole and Ian Hockley, whose six-year-old son Dylan was one of 26 victims at Sandy Hook elementary last month, said they could no longer bear living close to the former home of Adam Lanza, the 20-year-old gunman.

"You can't drive up your driveway every day and see the house of a person who took your son's life and who brought so much pain to so many people," Mrs Hockley said. "We are leaving that house. We will stay in Newtown, but that's just one thing too much. I can't do that every day."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...victim-to-quit-family-home-after-tragedy.html

Rachel Maddow attended the announcement of the launch of the Sandy Hook Promise yesterday in Newtown, afterwords she sat down with David and Francine Wheeler, parents of Benjamin.

She aired the interview on her show last night.

"“I love the idea that this group has put forward that Sandy Hook, and Newtown will be remembered not for the tragedy, but for what started here,” David Wheeler said in an interview with Rachel Maddow Monday."

You can see the entire interview at:

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/14/parents-of-sandy-hook-victim-dont-stop-thinking-about-this/

I feel SO sorry for him!! He is a hero in my eyes.

Rachel Maddow attended the announcement of the launch of the Sandy Hook Promise yesterday in Newtown, afterwords she sat down with David and Francine Wheeler, parents of Benjamin.

She aired the interview on her show last night.

"“I love the idea that this group has put forward that Sandy Hook, and Newtown will be remembered not for the tragedy, but for what started here,” David Wheeler said in an interview with Rachel Maddow Monday."

You can see the entire interview at:

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/14/parents-of-sandy-hook-victim-dont-stop-thinking-about-this/
Im sorry but in my hoo the school and the town will forever be remembered for the children who were brutally murdered.

A tenured associate professor is making outrageous claims that the Sandy Hook shooting massacre did not happen the way it was reported and may not have happened at all. Families who lost loved ones and residents in Newtown have been inundated with hateful messages by people who believe they are part of a government and media conspiracy related to a gun control agenda. One family had to remove the Facebook memorial page created for their little girl because it was bombarded with negative and offensive comments. Anderson Cooper is Keeping Them Honest.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/15/newtown-harassed-by-conspiracy-theorists/?hpt=ac_bn3

Here is a cnn video about the harrasment. I have been seeing it take over facebook memorial sites. They take over the whole site and don't let people post about it and if they do they take over with their conspiracy stuff. IT IS SO DISGUSTING!!! Those poor families. I am so disheartened by a society that will harass victims with utter nonsense conspiracy tin foil hat theories but doesn't even watch memorial videos. They are even harassing the Newton Police Facebook page. They also are totally putting down the families for daring to laugh or smile. None of the people even went through a tragedy or know about the medical condition shock after events like that but they are so sure of how they would act. I am not proud of people in this country right now. :banghead:

Snopes has addressed a lot of the rumors but I am sure they will come up with more loony ones. I love snopes. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp

I'm at least thankful for this forum where there are rational intelligent people to vent to.

I was born and raised in CT. I don't live there now. But I do know, the type of people living in New England are hard working, serious and courageous. They carved an existence out of a ground that consisted of mostly rocks, created a beautiful culture, and raised my generation, at least, with strong work ethics, educational values, and a no-nonsense approach to life-you deal with whatever you are given, and go on. I learned to garden, can and sew. I can read and write well. I use logic and intelligence to understand life and most situations I go through.
If these people in CT said they lost 20 children and 6 (7) adults, then they did. Conspiracy theories are just that-theories. The people involved in this have probably never lived through anything like this. They have manipulated the facts, and even manipulated the pictures and videos. I do not understand how anyone with intelligence and logic can even believe them, let alone act on them. I also cannot understand the mind-set of the people doing this, making tragedy so much worse for the town and the families. They need to grieve, and grieve in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95