Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ryan Lanza was handcuffed and taken in for questioning. They stressed he was not under arrest. But then why handcuff him? Anyone know the reasoning behind this?

http://forums.officer.com/t47075/

Here are some police officers (allegedly anyway) discussing the use of handcuffs for safety reasons when the person is only detained and not under arrest.

How many brothers are there? More than two?

what? New Mexico, as in, the state? Or is it a town?

This was only a precautionary measure taken by the school district. It was near Las Cruses, NM. (south) They said even tho the CT shooting was very far away....they are still doing it and the children will be released as normal upon completion of the day.

I don't about the I-84 connection. I know there is an I-84 in ID and the northwest. ?????

If A was the shooter and Ryan was in NJ...who was the man in camo in the woods?

I don't know but I'm not trusting much of the reporting yet. I don't think they have a lot of facts yet. They're throwing stuff out there without fact-checking first.

The man identified in media reports Friday as the shooter has told friends that he thinks his developmentally disabled brother may have committed the crime, Patch has learned.

A close friend of Ryan Lanza who would not be identified told Patch that he spoke to Lanza as Lanza made his way home from work to Hoboken.
Lanza also took to his Facebook page to rail against CNN naming him as the suspect in the shooting in Newtown, Conn.

“I’m on the bus home now, it wasn’t me,” Lanza wrote.

Lanza’s mother, Nancy, a school teacher, is believed to be among the dead.

http://newtown.patch.com/articles/reports-of-shooting-at-sandy-hook-elementary-school

So we did have the right guy but it was his brother and not him that did the shooting. What a horrible way for him to find out that his brother is a mass murderer and that his mother is deceased.

Ryan, I'm so very sorry. :cry:

No way. When 9-11 happened I was 15 and we watched the whole thing on the news. Any childhood innocence left was gone after that. My bubble of a world was burst and suddenly I realized what evil was and that it was real and no one is immune. I was 15 and 1,000 miles away. These kids...omg...I don't even know I can't begin to comprehend.

Agreed. I turned 17 that day. Everything shut down here as a precaution because we didn't know what to expect next. I thought it was the beginning of the end of the world.

ABC2 Reporting:

Older brother, Ryan 24 yo, was picked up in Hoboken, NJ. Not under arrest though handcuffed. Showing footage of Ryan in Hoboken, NJ.

ABC Correcting, shooter is Adam, 20 yo, dead at scene in CT.

Makes sense, the FB updates said he was just coming home from somewhere, wtf was happening.

Maybe handcuffed for his own protection?

Okay, so maybe Adam was developmentally disabled and felt jealousy towards his mother's students?

LORD'S+PRAYER.gif

The man identified in media reports Friday as the shooter has told friends that he thinks his developmentally disabled brother may have committed the crime, Patch has learned.

A close friend of Ryan Lanza who would not be identified told Patch that he spoke to Lanza as Lanza made his way home from work to Hoboken.
Lanza also took to his Facebook page to rail against CNN naming him as the suspect in the shooting in Newtown, Conn.

“I’m on the bus home now, it wasn’t me,” Lanza wrote.

Lanza’s mother, Nancy, a school teacher, is believed to be among the dead.

http://newtown.patch.com/articles/reports-of-shooting-at-sandy-hook-elementary-school

Did he post about any fears for his mother's/other family member's safety or reactions to the news about his mother's death?

A father on cbs live link said his son was there and said the shooter never said a word.

Many childhood's were not free from fear. I was a child during the cold war and we had air raid drills, had to crawl under our desks, or trot down to the shelters. Every time I heard a whistling sort of sound, I tensed up, waiting for the bomb to fall.

I recall the tragic Chicago school fire in December, 1958 when I was eight years old and attending a parochial school in Detroit. I remember watching news programs about the fire, and our teachers leading us in prayer following the tragic fire that claimed many lives. We also had multiple fire drills in the weeks following the devastating fire so that we had certain knowledge of how to evacuate our school in the event of a fire.

http://www.olafire.com/FireSummary.asp

If A was the shooter and Ryan was in NJ...who was the man in camo in the woods?

That is what I would also like to know. I am getting confused as to that other person. I thought it was one of the brothers., but if Ryan just got taken by police in NJ, I have no idea who it was. I got that Adam is the shooter, Ryans younger brother.

That next press conference should be sometime soon,.... Supposed to be about an hour after the previous one... hope to get some real, confirmed, official details then.

Now comes the gun control. If someone in that school had a gun, it is possible less people may have died. As it was, it seems the only one who did have a gun was the nut job murderer, whoever he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper