Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This man is a hero. I do not fault him. What he did probably is what saved so many kids. It is probably what had a lot to do with getting the kids out. It told the teachers that this was not a mock thing, and that it in fact was a real situation.

This man probably saved a lot of people by his actions!

In all of the media links I read, it said "someone" turned on the PA system.

I'm not sure what you are talking about? Could you explain alittle bit for me? Not arguing, just don't know what you are saying.

Here is a more recent photo of Adam Lanza.

Attachments

• 121214-adamL-vsmall.380;380;7;70;0.jpg
    121214-adamL-vsmall.380;380;7;70;0.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 177
I read she was a gun collector.

Young man returns to US elementary school as mass killer
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/15/usa-shooting-connecticut-shooter-idUSL1E8NEG9W20121215

Dan Holmes, owner of a landscaping firm, described Nancy Lanza as an avid gun collector who once showed him a "high-end rifle" that she had purchased.

"She said she would often go target shooting with her kids," he said.

That last comment made my stomach turn.

I am sure she took her kids target shooting fully innocent, never ever believing they were capable of using guns to hurt. I couldn't imagine that of my child, and I doubt she could either. And yet, his ability to shoot well is probably a reason the death count was so high.

Heavy heart, heavy stomach.

You can't really have people committed anymore. You can have someone committed for the short term but they don't really stay at the hospital too long before they are released. There are not enough resources out there.

I liked the article on what to do in the event of a school shooting. That is something we should teach. I was looking through the principals pictures and they had an emergency drill in October. It actually sounds like the school did everything they could. The janitor turned on the announcement and ran through the halls warning people and the teachers locked their classrooms and the kids all hid. I never thought of what to do when running or hiding isn't an option. I don't know that would work for kindergartners though.

I don't think it is terrible that the children were interviewed. Like another said the parents were in shock and some of the kids probably want to talk to someone and process what happened.
In my area there are open spaces for day hospitalization patients, but the families must pick up their relatives and take them home at the end of the day.

I don't know if I am allowed to say this, but the sunken in face and bulging eyes looks like "Faces of Meth." Not right! Not right at all!

In all of the media links I read, it said "someone" turned on the PA system.
Yes, I'm suspecting it was two different courses of actions- both being heroes. Someone in the office probably switched on the PA, and he ran through the halls alerting and saving lives when he could have just taken cover for himself.

So many heroes, I believe.

Unless you buy them from an individual and then there is no waiting or immediate background check.

it sounds like she followed the law to the letter? maybe not.

Laws are different everywhere....

I was questioned tonight by my son's father for the blindside I have with our son. In some aspects I can agree with him. If my son was accused of homicide, I might try to explain that away. Yet, I DO know my child better then anyone and it would be super easy to explain that away. What happens if a mother can't quickly do that as well? I know all mothers love their children, but can we all really account for them?

A bit off-topic perhaps; but the pics of AL on Yahoo and abc news are from 7 or 8 years ago... couldn't they find any recent ones or get his drivers' license photo ?

A horrible (to me) thought occurred... what if the media in some strange way wants to get sympathy for this man , as in " .. he's mentally ill or depressed, hence this wasn't his fault.."

I thought this act showed some degree of premeditation.

Didn't AL Facebook or something ?

No known Facebook, Youtube, etc. account. No sympathy for Adam Lanza.

I don't know if I am allowed to say this, but the sunken in face and bulging eyes looks like "Faces of Meth." Not right! Not right at all!

My first "nurse" thought was Fragile X!
:twocents:

I have no proof!
just my gut!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/15/usa-shooting-connecticut-shooter-idUSL1E8NEG9W20121215

Dan Holmes, owner of a landscaping firm, described Nancy Lanza as an avid gun collector who once showed him a "high-end rifle" that she had purchased.

Well I guess that answers how he got his shooting skills.

Just reading in the above article about how the parents were called in to identify the children...I have no words. Only tears.

This man is a hero. I do not fault him. What he did probably is what saved so many kids. It is probably what had a lot to do with getting the kids out. It told the teachers that this was not a mock thing, and that it in fact was a real situation.

This man probably saved a lot of people by his actions!

I agree. I truly hope no one goes after this person by saying this was a bad decision. I could see myself doing something like that and then worrying that I had inadvertenly exposed people to sounds they'll never forget, emotional scarred for life, etc.

But in my opinion, I'm glad the janitor did it--I believe as you do, Blue_Dolphin, this person most likely saved people with these actions.

He has the wide-eyed psychotic look in that photo. Check the Batman theatre killers photos. He has an identical psychotic wide-eyed look (not bulging hyperthyroid eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody