Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not be popular and would be expensive, but going back to institutionalizing extremely troubled people might be good. If the mom had to quit work to take care of her son then he was in bad shape.

Wow. This makes the presence of the firearms even harder to fathom. Unless she was confident that she had them locked away securely enough that they wouldn't be a danger.

More big speculation on my part: Was AL experiencing his first psychotic break? Maybe he'd never been so unstable before and NL underestimated how he might behave?

I had a relative whose first break in the 1960's involved a handgun (paranoid schizophrenia). If the police officer he encountered with it didn't react calmly and take the gun away from him, the outcome could have been very different.
Yikes. I am glad your relative's story ended differently.

If the story is true and mom had quit her job earlier to care for him, he must have previously experience some type of severe mentally ill behavior.

A bit off-topic perhaps; but the pics of AL on Yahoo and abc news are from 7 or 8 years ago... couldn't they find any recent ones or get his drivers' license photo ?

A horrible (to me) thought occurred... what if the media in some strange way wants to get sympathy for this man , as in " .. he's mentally ill or depressed, hence this wasn't his fault.."

I thought this act showed some degree of premeditation.

Didn't AL Facebook or something ?

Why would they do that? And from what I've seen today the media has been way to disorganized to organize something like that.

It may not be popular and would be expensive, but going back to institutionalizing extremely troubled people might be good. If the mom had to quit work to take care of her son then he was in bad shape.

The government shut down almost all the state-operated long-term facilities stating that patients would be better served in the community setting. This was actually propaganda for the states to save money, IMO. Most severely ill patients have few family member willing to help them be treated in the community setting therefore, they receive no treatment or grossly inadequate treatment.
Think about having to medicate a 20-year-old son if he didn't want to be medicated. Mom obvious wouldn't be able to restrain him.

:twocents: Bullet proof glass in schools?

30 ft stone walls? guard towers? MOATS????

This has to
images

The government shut down almost all the state-operated long term facilities stating that patients would be better served in the community setting. This was actually propaganda for the states to save money, IMO. Most severely ill patients have few family member willing to help them be treated in the community setting therefore, they receive no treatment or grossly inadequate treatment.

ITA. I bet it's saving a lot of money. The rest is just collateral damage.

I'm thinking it's merely the closest school to his house and a great place for him to inflict as much pain as possible.

But, didn't she work there? I think he was making a statement. I think he felt she gave her students more attention than she gave to him. jmo

But, didn't she work there? I think he was making a statement. I think he felt she gave her students more attention than she gave to him. jmo

I was thinking the same thing.............

A bit off-topic perhaps; but the pics of AL on Yahoo and abc news are from 7 or 8 years ago... couldn't they find any recent ones or get his drivers' license photo ?

A horrible (to me) thought occurred... what if the media in some strange way wants to get sympathy for this man , as in " .. he's mentally ill or depressed, hence this wasn't his fault.."

I thought this act showed some degree of premeditation.

Didn't AL Facebook or something ?

I heard on the news the shooters family are very quiet. Locals didn't even know whether the parents were divorced or not they kept themselves to themselves allegedly. I understand the shooter had no Facebook, little or no friends and was always made fun of. This was all reported on Fox News throughout the day.

That's maybe why there is no up to date photos available.

I'm curious about the amount of ammunition. It is reported he had handguns but hasn't been reported exactly which model of glock or Sig Sauer he had in his possession.

However, in one of the article back thread it stated that there were "hundreds" of spent rounds littering the floor when LE entered the bldg.

Where did this young man get hundreds of rounds of ammo? The law in CT states that he can not buy a firearm because of his age.

Does that restriction extend to ammo?

Certainly it's not out of the question to have that much ammo if one is a gun owner because maybe it was on sale? Or it was going to be used for target practice...etc.

I'm just curious about the ammo? Just pondering.

That's not my experience. He used 2 hand guns. It's difficult to hit anything with a handgun unless you are at close range, which he may have been. You have to train with a handgun. The rifle was found in his car.

I thought they were automatics. jmo

The government shut down almost all the state-operated long-term facilities stating that patients would be better served in the community setting. This was actually propaganda for the states to save money, IMO. Most severely ill patients have few family member willing to help them be treated in the community setting therefore, they receive no treatment or grossly inadequate treatment.
Think about having to medicate a 20-year-old son if he didn't want to be medicated. Mom obvious wouldn't be able to restrain him.

Excellent post!

I finally found it, Kat.

Lebinski said a mother who was at the school during the shooting told her a "masked man" entered the principal's office and may have shot the principal. Lebinski, who is friends with the mother who was at the school, said the principal was "severely injured."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/14/us-connecticut-towns-idUSBRE8BD0U120121214

The very first reports of this horrific crime stated that the principal was the target. I assume this is because the gunman went into her office and fired on her first. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState