Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, didn't she work there? I think he was making a statement. I think he felt she gave her students more attention than she gave to him. jmo

Reportedly she quit working. Possibly so she could take care of her son.

I was a volunteer and a substitute teacher in my child's elementary school for many years. During that time I was involved in many "code red" emergency drills. Police were also a part of these drills and it involved locking the classroom, shepherding the children to a safe place such as a locked closet, washroom, corner away from windows and doors, keeping them quiet and enduring police officers acting as gunmen banging on classroom doors and attempting to gain entry. They always made me very uneasy and I always wondered about the effects on the children during these drills as I knew how it affected my child and myself. I knew they were necessary and I hated the fact that they were.

I can't even begin to fathom the real thing.

My thoughts and prayers go out to each and every individual affected by this senseless act. Things will never be the same for any of them ever again.

:cry: :rose:

As a Kindergarten teacher, we have to do lockdown drills at our school. These 4 and 5 yr olds have so many questions after. We have to be careful what we say, as we do not want to terrify them. Some kids are scared during these drills, while others feel like we are playing hide and seek, but as we all know they are necessary to practice. (Which in reality is VERY sad) Im sure a few of them will hear about this on the news, or overhear adults discussing this, questions and comments will come on Monday Im sure.

I just can't shut my mind off of this subject tonight. I keep seeing my kinders faces when the news reports more from Newtown.

The assault rifle is banned in Connecticut.(from CNN)

I'm curious about the amount of ammunition. It is reported he had handguns but hasn't been reported exactly which model of glock or Sig Sauer he had in his possession.

However, in one of the article back thread it stated that there were "hundreds" of spent rounds littering the floor when LE entered the bldg.

Where did this young man get hundreds of rounds of ammo? The law in CT states that he can not buy a firearm because of his age.

Does that restriction extend to ammo?

Certainly it's not out of the question to have that much ammo if one is a gun owner because maybe it was on sale? Or it was going to be used for target practice...etc.

I'm just curious about the ammo? Just pondering.

It was reported he had his brother's ID... IMO he purchased these himself with a "fake" ID ( the brother's) perhaps he stole it?

I'm curious about the amount of ammunition. It is reported he had handguns but hasn't been reported exactly which model of glock or Sig Sauer he had in his possession.

However, in one of the article back thread it stated that there were "hundreds" of spent rounds littering the floor when LE entered the bldg.

Where did this young man get hundreds of rounds of ammo? The law in CT states that he can not buy a firearm because of his age.

Does that restriction extend to ammo?

Certainly it's not out of the question to have that much ammo if one is a gun owner because maybe it was on sale? Or it was going to be used for target practice...etc.

I'm more curious about what bullets were used. Those hallowed out bullets, or whatever they are called, scare me. I actually held one in my hand two weeks ago (curious about another case) and it was explained to me what they can actually do and I was amazed that they are legal, yet the seem to be the bullet of choice for gun owners.

Hi Pens, I didn't see it reported that the adults (principle, vice principle, counselor and witness) were inside the principal's office.

All I read was the witness' account that they were in a meeting and the adults (3) other than the witness left the room in order to see what was going on and only one returned (crawling after having been shot in the foot, who I am assuming is the VP).

I'm not asking you for a link, I trust you. Did they say it they were in the principal's office for sure? TIA!

I heard a reporter saying that the shooter broke the glass in the front door to enter the building. And that is right by the office, and across the hall from the kinder classes. So probably the principal and the other staff members came out of the office to see what all of the breaking glass was about. JMO

I finally found it, Kat.

Lebinski said a mother who was at the school during the shooting told her a "masked man" entered the principal's office and may have shot the principal. Lebinski, who is friends with the mother who was at the school, said the principal was "severely injured."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/14/us-connecticut-towns-idUSBRE8BD0U120121214

The very first reports of this horrific crime stated that the principal was the target. I assume this is because the gunman went into her office and fired on her first. ???

There are so many whys we need answers to.

The government shut down almost all the state-operated long-term facilities stating that patients would be better served in the community setting. This was actually propaganda for the states to save money, IMO. Most severely ill patients have few family member willing to help them be treated in the community setting therefore, they receive no treatment or grossly inadequate treatment.
Think about having to medicate a 20-year-old son if he didn't want to be medicated. Mom obvious wouldn't be able to restrain him.

This is a very serious issue Pens. I agree.

http://mentalillnesspolicy.org/consequences/consequences.html

Just an article to read later for anyone that is interested. Off topic to actual topic of thread though right now.

But, didn't she work there? I think he was making a statement. I think he felt she gave her students more attention than she gave to him. jmo

I'm curious to know, out of the many reasons that could be behind this, why the jealousy angle? Besides, last I heard was mom hadn't worked there for a few years. She quit her job to take care of him not ignore him. It wouldn't make sense that jealousy would be an issue today. Of course this is based on the most recent story being true.

They were registered in his mother name. They must of been the house somewhere and he knew the location.

Why did his mother allegedly buy all these guns? Especially considering she had at home a son with apparent "issues?"

It was reported he had his brother's ID... IMO he purchased these himself with a "fake" ID ( the brother's) perhaps he stole it?

There you have it! Now that makes absolute sense as to why he may have possibly had his brother's ID on him! Thanks GS. I'm going to keep this in the back of my mind for sure!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-...ting-suspect/?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=politics

A grandmother of the suspect – who is also the mother of the slain teacher – was too distraught to speak when reached by phone at her home in Brooksville, Fla.
"I just don't know, and I can't make a comment right now," Dorothy Hanson, 78, said in a shaky voice as she started to cry. She said she hadn't heard anything official about her daughter and grandsons. She declined to comment further and hung up

This is not directed at the poster but rather, the idea. This reporter called the shooter's grandmother? His gramma FGS?

WTF?
:(
I am sorry, but that is just frickin wrong.

Could it be possible that he bought the guns or at least the ammo online somehow using his mother's information? I really don't know if that's possible at all...

On the local news they said he had uncles who lived in New Hampshire (one on his father's side and one one his mother's side), one is a police officer and they were searching his home tonight (according to the news). Next to that house is a house that he lived in until he was six and is possibly still owned by the family.

Why did his mother allegedly buy all these guns? Especially considering she had at home a son with apparent "issues?"

That is another question we need an answer to.
I have no idea and it has not been reported.

Where did this young man get hundreds of rounds of ammo? The law in CT states that he can not buy a firearm because of his age.Does that restriction extend to ammo?

How old do you have to be in CT...he did have his brothers ID

I'm more curious about what bullets were used. Those hallowed out bullets, or whatever they are called, scare me. I actually held one in my hand two weeks ago (curious about another case) and it was explained to me what they can actually do and I was amazed that they are legal, yet the seem to be the bullet of choice for gun owners.

my husband shot himself with a Glock in the forearm 1996
while cleaning his gun...took the magazine out...
one was still in the chamber. BAM!
I DID NOT wants guns in my home!
45 hollow point..
9 surgeries... two bone grafts and a skin graft later
He is LUCKY he even still has an arm!

Now I don't have guns in the home!
My dad is an avid collector... they scare me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody