Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just read an article that made several points or quotes:

1. the family was wealthy. the divorced father paid $240,000 a year in alimony and was going to increase it to $280,000 in svereal years. I point this out to shed light on the family's ability to seek help for a troubled member.

2. the family was highly educated and intelligent. the father taught business classes part time at a nearby university in addiition to his highly lucrative professional job.

3. adam was described by a friend as a disturbed loner, intelligent and a gamer.

(sorry dont have the link.)

many popular "games" are virtual realities wherein a shooter, dressed in black, shoots and kills individuals that suddenly appear in an urban, war-like scene. many gamers spend much of their time in that reality. this isnt brain surgery folks. i have little doubt that the aurora theater killer engaged in the same kind of games. true, hundreds of thousands of youths aren't persuaded to turn their little virtual kill reality real. so what. you dont need a psychologist to connect the dots. but i think most psychologists would acknowledge the danger of troubled youths spending thousands of hours in a "kill strangers" virtual reality.
With an income of $240,000, mom should have been able to hire some males to help her with her son (articles stated the killer had rages) and prescription medications to keep him calm. :( I wonder if dad helped her?

Was the mom really a teacher or an aide? She must have been rigid if she quit work to stay home with him rather than choosing a group home or some alternative.

just read an article that made several points or quotes:

1. the family was wealthy. the divorced father paid $240,000 a year in alimony and was going to increase it to $280,000 in svereal years. I point this out to shed light on the family's ability to seek help for a troubled member.

2. the family was highly educated and intelligent. the father taught business classes part time at a nearby university in addiition to his highly lucrative professional job.

3. adam was described by a friend as a disturbed loner, intelligent and a gamer.

(sorry dont have the link.)

many popular "games" are virtual realities wherein a shooter, dressed in black, shoots and kills individuals that suddenly appear in an urban, war-like scene. many gamers spend much of their time in that reality. this isnt brain surgery folks. i have little doubt that the aurora theater killer engaged in the same kind of games. true, hundreds of thousands of youths aren't persuaded to turn their little virtual kill reality real. so what. you dont need a psychologist to connect the dots. but i think most psychologists would acknowledge the danger of troubled youths spending thousands of hours in a "kill strangers" virtual reality.

Someone posted earlier that the rifle found in his car was the type used in the "games". Since she took her children to target practice, that makes me wonder if his mom purchased the rifle at his request.

Someone posted earlier that the rifle found in his car was the type used in the "games". Since she took her children to target practice, that makes me wonder if his mom purchased the rifle at his request.

i read in an article that she liked to shoot and often went to target practice with her sons. i have no idea if this is true. but i have a friend who bought their same aged son a similar weapon. which blew my mind at the time. i didnt have the courage to ask why. at least they have a farm in the more or less wilds... he also plays killer games for hours.

imo most gamers play these games.

This guy was said to attend high school with a briefcase instead of backpack. Does anyone remember another killer doing the same thing? It sounds so familiar.

I know... That's why I posted what I did. My point was - he accomplished this by using handguns at close range. Closer range than any target practice, that's for sure. My point was simply that even if he hadn't been familiar with these guns, he still could have done this. His familiarity didn't have a whole lot to do with the number of people he was able to kill - the amount of time he had unhindered to accomplish his murderous plot is what lead to the amount of deaths.

From the teacher saying he was banging on the door of her classroom as she was still hiding kids in the closet, he was fully intent on continuing his rampage. We don't know if he shot himself, or if LE was the one who took him down yet, do we? He may have ended it by shooting himself precisely because the rest of the classrooms were locked down and he had no more potential targets.

Many, many parents take their kids shooting, Hunting, etc... There are over 80,000,000 gun owners in this country. The fact that she had guns, and that she taught her children how to handle them responsibly was not a failing on her part. It's the responsible thing to do if you have a firearm in your home.

[If people aren't seeing this as a "source" of the problem, then I wholeheartedly apologize for mistaking intentions of postings. I'm tired, and I'm used to politics where everyone is always so contentious all the time, and I realize that this may affect how I infer things in other's comments - I'm working on that one!]

ETA: On that note I really am going to say Good Night... My thoughts and prayers are with all of those hurting tonight - especially the families missing their child... I just cannot imagine that pain, and I hope and pray I never have to.
I never said it was a failing. I quite clearly said that it was completely innocent. You're talking to someone who shoots compound bows with my kids in the backyard for fun. My husband has talked about teaching them to handle and shoot guns, though we own none. I'm not getting all down on this mama. I was actually lamenting how completely innocent it was on her part, and how she no doubt never expected them to use in a hurtful way.

Do you know off the top of your head why this stare is (or seems to be) symptomatic?
This is a look of someone who is staring intently and not blinking. Staring without blinking is a big red flag for psychosis or a warning sign that it is starting.

People with Graves' Disease or hyperthyroidism can also have this wide-eyed look, but these individuals' eyes appear to be "bulging" because of the loss of subcutaneous fat in the face and around the eyes. The immune system in this disorder can also attack the eye socket resulting protrusion of the eye from the eye socket, widely opened eyelids, and or double vision.

Please forgive my bluntness but I have to ask: If a fund is established for the families could someone please post or pm me as I can't keep up with the pace of the thread. Most people do not have burial insurance for children. They are going to need some help. Thank you very much.

His wide-eyed stare resembles this killer's psychotic stare:
http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/jamesholmes2.jpg

Pens correct me if I'm wrong please?

I was under the impression that there are several personality disorders in which transient psychosis can occur.

In fact, I was under the impression that acute psychosis can occur suddenly and although looking in hindsight it red flags can be seen that it's not always completely obvious that the person is going to have a psychotic episode.

Additionally, this young man is 20 which is the prime age range for the onset of symptoms of schizophrenia (and it's subtypes).

Note to all reading: I am not posting that to give him a pass for his actions. I'm just trying to grasp what may (or may not) have been going on for him.

I think it's possible that he may very well have had some issues prior to today however, he may have developed more serious issues that weren't picked up on immediately in addition to his other mental health issues. Especially if he had a suffered from a form of delusion/psychosis that made him secretive (paranoid) about his thoughts. Just throwing that out there. Just speculation.

This guy was said to attend high school with a briefcase instead of backpack. Does anyone remember another killer doing the same thing? It sounds so familiar.
I think so too!
Bundy?

eta: nevermind he used a brief case and cast to lure victims

Is there MSM on ANY "supposed" mental illness of AL? I have only heard one supposed comment from the older brother about something, other than neighbors' statements that he seemed "OCD" or "weird," oh and mom supposedly quit work to take care of him (source?).

The fact that he did not complete high school, but took the GED tells me nothing. I also quit high school and took the GED...at 16, because I didn't fit in (and btw, have a high IQ with college credits) with the teenagers.

The supposed fact that mom took them shooting means nothing. I can put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, no training involved. Responsible parents teach responsible skills. He decided to take the training his parent gave him and pervert it.

Oh, and being a brown belt in Go Ju Ru Karate, I don't need a gun to harm people.

Please forgive my bluntness but I have to ask: If a fund is established for the families could someone please post or pm me as I can't keep up with the pace of the thread. Most people do not have burial insurance for children. They are going to need some help. Thank you very much.

I can only hope that the services rendered will be donated by the funeral homes.

Is there MSM on ANY "supposed" mental illness of AL? I have only heard one supposed comment from the older brother about something, other than neighbors' statements that he seemed "OCD" or "weird," oh and mom supposedly quit work to take care of him (source?).

The fact that he did not complete high school, but took the GED tells me nothing. I also quit high school and took the GED...at 16, because I didn't fit in (and btw, have a high IQ with college credits) with the teenagers.

The supposed fact that mom took them shooting means nothing. I can put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, no training involved. Responsible parents teach responsible skills. He decided to take the training his parent gave him and pervert it.

Oh, and being a brown belt in Go Ju Ru Karate, I don't need a gun to harm people.

http://www.timesonline.com/news/nat...cle_bc354c10-44b7-5f01-949b-b5f46fba2b61.html

The 20-year-old may have suffered from a personality disorder, law enforcement officials said.

Like I said earlier first thought was gamer based on gear and disregard of the most innocent. It sounded like another disturbed individual lost to the system...the broken system to assist in the mentally ill. It sounded like a mom who tried to appease her son through guilt of some form...allowing guns and possibly hours of gaming. It sounds like an enabled child lost. His eyes are haunting and empty and it sounds like he knew he was evil. He is gone now and his parents did their best. My heart aches for those innocent babes and knowing there was honestly nothing that would fix this heartbreak.

There was a young man who killed his dad,mom,and sister I think it was in Ca. and the dad sold airplanes and the estate was worth millions. I can not remember his name but he did carry a briefcase instead of a backpack to school.

Pens correct me if I'm wrong please?

I was under the impression that there are several personality disorders in which transient psychosis can occur.

In fact, I was under the impression that acute psychosis can occur suddenly and although looking in hindsight it red flags can be seen that it's not always completely obvious that the person is going to have a psychotic episode.

Additionally, this young man is 20 which is the prime age range for the onset of symptoms of schizophrenia (and it's subtypes).

Note to all reading: I am not posting that to give him a pass for his actions. I'm just trying to grasp what may (or may not) have been going on for him.

I think it's possible that he may very well have had some issues prior to today however, he may have developed more serious issues that weren't picked up on immediately in addition to his other mental health issues. Especially if he had a suffered from a form of delusion/psychosis that made him secretive (paranoid) about his thoughts. Just throwing that out there. Just speculation.

Psychosis doesn't occur from a personality disorder. There are many medical and psychological disorders that can cause psychosis. With schizophrenics, bipolars and those with Major Depression, there are signs that point to upcoming psychosis, BUT it sometimes takes family members years to learn and recognize the red flags. There are also red flags for those headed towards psychosis from a medical condition.

He may not have been psychotic. Nobody knows yet what was occurring in his home for days/weeks before this occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper