Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree, but disagree at the same time. I think they will try to re-open the school in the new year, to try to have kids come to the school. Going back to the scene of a crime, and proceeding with a normal day to day routine may help the children and staff along in the grieving phase. I think by not opening the school again, it will prevent the grieving process from proceeding. And kids will be afraid to go to any school again.

That may not be logistically possible in such a short amount of time. After the crime scene has been thoroughly been processed, the school will need cleaning and repairs. They will also have to hire another principal, psychologist, and 1st grade teacher (these are the only staff casualties I'm aware of at this time).

Even if they could accomplish all of that, I'm not sure if it would be the wisest thing to do.
These are very young children. Many of them witnessed the murders firsthand, heard the horror broadcast over the loudspeaker, or saw horrific things as they were being evacuated. I think there will be many cases of PTSD as a result of this horrible crime, and I think spending every day at the scene of the crime would cause many to relive those horrible moments over and over.
jmo

The Patriot Guard is already alerting riders from all over to get to Newtown. They will make sure these families are shielded from any disrespect.
DH and I are unable to participate, and wish we were alot closer.

I think the National Guard should be there protecting these poor families IMO

This is what worries me,copycats who want attention.

He wasn't copying the Connecticut shooting because his arrest warrant was already issued on Thursday before this tragedy happened but of course it doesn't mean that he wasn't inspired by earlier cases (it says he researched Columbine).

Thank you.
Thank them.
Thank God!
Danbury CT

itRPP.jpg

Hartford Courant:
Dave Altimari ‏@davealtimari
Sources say that only gun Adam Lanz fired was a semi-automatic rifle which carries 30 rounds to a cartridge.#Newtown

According to CNN the mother of the shooter didn't have any ties with this school. She was not a teacher there. She had previously worked in finance. Recently she gardened in her yard.

And while some question, who could have predicted this would happen, another headline, quietly seeps into today's consciousness...
"Sammie Eaglebear Chavez, 18, was arrested at his home in Bartlesville, Okla., on Friday, the same day that a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn... Police alleged in an affidavit that Chavez tried to recruit other Bartlesville High School students to help him lure classmates into the school auditorium, where he planned to chain the doors shut and start shooting them, the newspaper said.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/15/15932019-oklahoma-student-arrested-in-alleged-plot-to-attack-school?lite

I'm glad they are taking such threats seriously. I think they should be punished harshly, personally. I don't buy immaturity as an excuse.

His facebook was pretty easy to find, he doesn't have a ton of friends listed- so whoever reported him may have been pretty close friends. Glad they knew to report him and be safe.

I have just been lurking. I have a 5 year old, and I just can't imagine...I really have no words. Just complete and utter sympathy and prayers for all involved.

Can't think of an act more cowardly than a shooter targeting women and small children.

Originally Posted by Anadarko
The Patriot Guard is already alerting riders from all over to get to Newtown. They will make sure these families are shielded from any disrespect.
DH and I are unable to participate, and wish we were alot closer.

I can go. Hook me up. :rocker:

Those interested, please contact me as to when and where. :rocker:
Thanks.

I have to agree w/you, HockyMom. Wondering why, at this early stage, State Police would state that Nancy L had no 'connection' to school. The word, 'connection' is rather nebulous. Better to state that she was not a past or current employee; or whatever the case may be. Need to be very specific. There was obviously some 'connection, be it in the mind of AL. The thoughtful planning of this blood bath, would seem to be a vicious retaliation; the kind spawned by jealousy or the perception of being replaced.

Just on CNN they were saying that NL was a keen gardener etc and a personable woman etc .. the people they talked to who said they knew her said they knew nothing of her being a gun collector or anything about her having them. I am thinking it will emerge that the guns were AL's but Nancy bought them for him thinking he just enjoyed shooting.

Pure speculation of course.

CNN is reporting this. That he tried to get into the school the day before and had an altercation with the assistant principal (who survived) and 3 others and they wouldnt let him in.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/15/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

If this indeed turns out to be true, and not just more bad reporting, I hope that one of the things that can come of this is a official mandate that all "altercations" occurring on school property (involving adults at least) warrants a visit from law enforcement.

ATF is reporting that more weapons were found at the mothers home. All of them were rifles. PER CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid