Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are still a lot of conflicting stories even on CNN between different reporters. However it looks like the Bushmaster was the weapon used, and not found in the car as reported earlier. And it's on the edge of legality depending on how it was outfitted (eg an extended magazine for instance) .. likely classed as a sporting weapon under existing laws.

The Bushmaster .223 is an AR-15 varient. It's the same rifle used by the Washington snipers. Earlier reports said the shooter was using 15 round magazines. Judging from the number of hits on each victim, he must have fired a lot of rounds.

Did he say Emilie is being buried in the same casket as her Grandfather? Her GF was recently killed in a car accident. Maybe I heard wrong. Very brave man!!

Robbie Parker worked at the hospital that the victims were taken to.

Emily has such a beautiful face and bright blue eyes. So Sad..

Oh so sad that Emilie was the big sister who the other two sisters ran to for support ....

Airlines were bending over backwards to get family to CT. Way to go to the Airlines. !

Pure speculation here, but... There is a loose aggregation of audio clips, from the brother, & neighbors, suggestion that many people knew AL had serious mental issues. Some students have described AL as nervous and fearful. Imho, fear and paranoia are like a cup & saucer. When AL's brother was mistakenly named as the gunman, a neighbor was quoted as saying, (paraphrasing) "I said, no, it's not RL, it's gotta be Adam". Seriously. Speaks volumes, imho. People knew. If the report is accurate, and the Aunt is suggesting 'if Nancy knew AL had issues, she would have gotten him treatment' - then this is indeed alarming. It is the denial on which I speculated, when I mentioned the disconnect in having a firearm arsenal in the home of someone who was mental unstable.

Okay, they need to let him be now after he has said what he wants to say. These questions are too much right now.

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Of...own-Victims-in-School-Massacre-183652041.html
Officials Release Names of Newtown Victims in School Massacre
Below is the list of the names as it was released by the chief medical examiner's office. Among the dead are 18 females and 8 males.

Children:
Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Madeleine F. Hsu, 6
Catherine V. Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Aveille Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison N. Wyatt, 6

Adults:
Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Rachel Davino, 29
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto, 27

I don't want to add fuel or create an even more divisive issue but I would like to provide some facts. Millions of children and adults play video games and do not commit violent acts.

FACTS, COMMON SENSE AND NUMEROUS STUDIES ALL DEBUNK THE MYTH THAT THERE IS A LINK BETWEEN COMPUTER AND VIDEO GAMES AND VIOLENCE.

"Blaming video games for violence in the real world is no more productive than blaming the news media for bringing crimes of violence into our homes night after night. Having someone or something to blame is convenient, especially after an incident of terrible and unexplainable violence."

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/ESA_EF_Violence_2010.pdf

The only relevant & KNOWN fact is that an individual acquired access to weapons and murdered innocent children and adults. How he acquired them and his mental health/stability is what is essential for determining the entire picture - everything else is speculative.

JMO as well as facts.

He is "proud" to be a Physician's Assistant. I am sure that Emilie was SO proud of her Daddy...He was teaching her Portugese.....

He KNOWS the power of forgiveness. I wish I could give him a hug :(

Pure speculation here, but... There is a loose aggregation of audio clips, from the brother, & neighbors, suggestion that many people knew AL had serious mental issues. Some students have described AL as nervous and fearful. Imho, fear and paranoia are like a cup & saucer. When AL's brother was mistakenly named as the gunman, a neighbor was quoted as saying, (paraphrasing) "I said, no, it's not RL, it's gotta be Adam". Seriously. Speaks volumes, imho. People knew. If the report is accurate, and the Aunt is suggesting 'if Nancy knew AL had issues, she would have gotten him treatment' - then this is indeed alarming. It is the denial on which I speculated, when I mentioned the disconnect in having a firearm arsenal in the home of someone who was mental unstable.

AGREE ... have been thinking the exact same thing! Denial. I mean surely as a mother you'd be thinking hmmm....kid is not quite stable, perhaps the gun thing is mildly concerning, maybe the glock / bushmaster / etc could be put away for awhile, perhaps the glock / bushmaster / etc could be permanently removed from the house and his access to them denied. It is starting to sound like everyone who knew AL could tell he had issues ... issues large enough that his own brother had no contact with him since 2010, but the person closest to him, did not (want to) see it. I don't want to blame the victim - as poor NL lost her own life after all, and of course if she thought a tragedy like this would have happened she would have acted - but there obviously needs to be more education about warning signs these kind of killers show and what to think about and look out for if you do keep guns.

Let me say one thing. People from Utah and points west are very different from New Englanders. When I have been out there they know exactly where Ii am from because of my accent. Some like us, some don't. And yes I found many that were very forgiving people. Kind and gentle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid