Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok-----Lisa (don't know her last name) on Dr. Drew -said that NL took the <modsnip>to the shooting range because she was afraid to leave him home alone. On the other hand, she left him alone for several days while she was in NH. It can't be both ways. I REALLY wish that the media would choose one "storyline" and stick with it. IMO this <modsnip> was smart as a fox, and everyone including his Dad and brother knew it. There was a reason they didn't associate with him. I really don't believe the answer is the "new wife."

jmo ---and please don't think i am attacking the family--just thinking out loud.

Since when do you need conservatorship to commit. As an ER nurse, I find this incorrect. Unless Conn. law is different. The qualifying factor is that one is found to be a threat to himself or others. Unless, there were no threats perhaps the issue was drug use. Then I would suspect she would need conservatorship. I will
wait for the drug screen to come back. That will be more telling.
Nancy didn't need to have conservatorship to have him admitted to a psychiatric hospital. A doctor/PA/Nurse Practitioner holds those admission keys.

To get him into a psychiatric residential facility (for those with developmental disabilities or psychiatric diagnoses), she did need to have power of attorney/conservatorship if he didn't want to go there.

He did not ace all his college classes. Saying he was super intelligent bothers me. I think he was intelligent, at least above average, but that depends on what you call intelligence. Just because someone can do certain work also doesn't mean they are emotionally intelligent or are not emotionally/psychologically impaired. If his mom didn't know how impaired he really was, then I wonder if she was in denial.

People with Aspergers usually are very intelligent and focused on one subject. For example, one could be so focused on cars and can know every details on how a car works but suck at geometry.

Has Fox taken the above article down? I cannot get the link to work. NEVER in my life have I seen such poor reporting!

Really? Elementary school officials would have been called to the competency hearing for a 20 year old?

(Not saying you're wrong. I'm genuinely curious about how they do this.)

Even if she asked them for advice it could be enough to set him off .. exchange of emails between them for example discussing HIM? We shall see I guess when more accurate details come to light (I'm still iffy on everything the reporters are saying ATM) .. Interesting though if this is the case.

I'm moving more towards anti social and further away from schizophrenia as each day passes.

Nancy didn't need to have conservatorship to have him admitted to a psychiatric hospital.

To get him into a psychiatric residential facility (for those with developmental disabilities or psychiatric diagnoses), she did need to have power of attorney/conservatorship.

Ok but why did she need him in a residential facility? Aspergers is not treated in a residential facility. I am starting to suspect that the problem was not related to his autism diagnosis directly.

bbm
But there was never any hint of violence. “He would start yelling and stuff like that,” the friend said. “He would never hit her. He would just act like a child when he got mad."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ewtown-killer-article-1.1223612#ixzz2FXRx5tXS

Outburst of loud and/or profane speech, making others feel uncomfortable, and exhibiting increased restlessness are all signs of impending physical violence.

You mean no other children have outburst and talk back ever to their parents and even yell sometime?

I get very uncomfortable a lot of times when I go to town shopping and see kids who are screaming at their parents or having hissy fits because they arent getting their way.

So I fail to see how this makes Adam different than other children I have seen who act up.

IMO

IMO we are very very likely to NEVER KNOW the truth, as IMO quite obviously the truth of this situation was bottled within for the most part and the two individuals it was bottled within are deceased..

I, in no way claim to know the exact percentage and ratio of part mental illness and part dark heart, angry, manipulation is at play in this particular tragedy of epic proportions...

but I firmly believe that there is a percentage of both of the above that led to last Friday..

and likely no one will ever know what each accurate percentage was at play as the vast majority of that truth was killed as well last Friday.. IMO there is more than sufficient information available that IMO is proof positive that both were present and caused what happened Friday.

I am wondering if he had listened in on some of her phone conversations or hacked her computer and read emails concerning his impending competency hearings.

He might have heard her talking to her friends from the school, and discussing her plans for Adam and then praising her former Kinder students, and it all jumbled together in his troubled mind.

My little brother, who is now almost 60, has been diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic, among other things over the years. But he was really scary at various points in his life, before the lithium took hold. And he would sneak around and listen in on our family convos and then throw things back at us in a very jumbled, toxic mixed up way.

I don't think R ever lost his ID. He might have gotten a new one (moved out of state), and left the old one at his mom's home, with all his other "childhood posessions". AL was under 21 - having an older brothers id is a golden ticket. For what- I don't know. It just is.

Exactly. Plus, afaik, they haven't even mentioned what type of i.d. it is. My kids have school i.d.'s that they would have no use for after leaving a particular school, but which also have their names and birthdates just like a driver's license.

Ok but why did she need him in a residential facility? Aspergers is not treated in a residential facility. I am starting to suspect that the problem was not related to his autism diagnosis directly.
If he was scaring her, that is the only place she could legally place him and know he was safe.

If he was spiraling downward, such a place would have staff psychiatrists/nurses to assess him frequently, ensure he took his meds, and change his meds if needed.

You mean no other children have outburst and talk back ever to their parents and even yell sometime?

I get very uncomfortable a lot of times when I go to town shopping and see kids who are screaming at their parents or having hissy fits because they arent getting their way.

So I fail to see how this makes Adam different than other children I have seen who act up.

IMO

Sure children have outbursts.
The killer was a man.

From what I read he was STILL doing this.

"But there was never any hint of violence."
“He would start yelling and stuff like that,” the friend said. “He would never hit her. He would just act like a child when he got mad. That’s what she told me.”

"A recent attempt to take Adam on a southern vacation ended with his refusal to accompany his mom, who was also suggesting that he needed to get a job or perhaps start college."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ewtown-killer-article-1.1223612#ixzz2FYYNqa9T

She had been forcing the issue with him IMO.

Ok-----Lisa (don't know her last name) on Dr. Drew -said that NL took the <modsnip> to the shooting range because she was afraid to leave him home alone. On the other hand, she left him alone for several days while she was in NH. It can't be both ways. I REALLY wish that the media would choose one "storyline" and stick with it. IMO this <modsnip>was smart as a fox, and everyone including his Dad and brother knew it. There was a reason they didn't associate with him. I really don't believe the answer is the "new wife."

jmo ---and please don't think i am attacking the family--just thinking out loud.

<modsnip> Yes, he shot a school full of children. But there definitely was something going on in that home. He was 20 and had Aspergers. What we know about brain development now is that the brain is not fully developed until 26. Especially, in cognitive development and the ability to reason. That coupled with Aspergers and difficulty with empathy and social anxiety makes this a difficult mix. Once again, he was 20 wth Aspergers. I can empathize with the family. I can even offer forgiveness. "There but for the grace of God goes I. "

The Washington Post reported that the Nancy thought about moving with her son to Washington state where she found a school that she thought could help him. This combined with statements that Nancy was seeking conservatorship shows that she was going to institutionalize him in some type of psychiatric residential program. This is not the same thing as Nancy finding a university for Axxx to attend in Washington state.

I strongly think that this is why he shot her in the head 4 times with hollow point bullets.

This theory is AL being placed in a group home type of facility makes a lot of sense to me

AL sounded like he had a pretty comfortable life with about anything he needed was available to him, money did'nt seem like an obstacle to the Lanzas

Yeah, I can see this guy just exploding if he found out he was going to be moved. I'd imagine AL had pre conceptions of what group home living was, maybe he thought his hobbies, computers, cameras, guns would be very restricted there?

And that very thought turned him violent...Just my thoughts

Oh, wow. Great conclusion, you guys! If he attended that school, they would be called to testify in his competency hearing. That would be why he chose THAT school.

He was a 5th grader when he went to Sandy Hook- there is nothing they could testify about that is relevant to the 20yr in question.

Exactly. Plus, afaik, they haven't even mentioned what type of i.d. it is. My kids have school i.d.'s that they would have no use for after leaving a particular school, but which also have their names and birthdates just like a driver's license.

It could have been Ryan's Under 21 ID. I know my mom found my under 21 ID in my bedroom at home many years after I got my new one when she was moving.. I'd assume it was a college ID or an under 21 license that was laying around.

This theory is AL being placed in a group home type of facility makes a lot of sense to me

AL sounded like he had a pretty comfortable life with about anything he needed was available to him, money did'nt seem like an obstacle to the Lanzas

Yeah, I can see this guy just exploding if he found out he was going to be moved. I'd imagine AL had pre conceptions of what group home living was, maybe he thought his hobbies, computers, cameras, guns would be very restricted there?

And that very thought turned him violent...Just my thoughts
He was probably more upset that his "structure" was going to broken. Also, he was going to be forced into a social situation. We now know that he was socially awkward and isolated himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak