Convictions of Murder Without A Body

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't have experience with homicide cases ... so I really can't say ... but the part that I snipped was a quote from the website of Tad DiBiase ... you can find lots of info there on his Blog and he also welcomes email. Sorry for the confusion!

Pamela

OK....thanks for the site. It looks very interesting but, what is your thought on where this case may go based on what we know up to this point? Conviction or no?

OK....thanks for the site. It looks very interesting but, what is your thought on where this case may go based on what we know up to this point? Conviction or no?

I think that there is a very good chance of a conviction based on the evidence as we know it to be. However, I see a lot of weaknesses that the defense would exploit to be granted a new trial on appeal. I think obviously, the more forensic evidence the better. I really believe that the DA is trying to back Casey into a corner so that she will have to take a plea bargain and skip the uncertainty of a trial.

I have spent a ton of time trying to find the answer to whether they can determine if the stain came from dead body, it appears that the answer is they can get DNA but they can't say it came from a body. The only cases I could find were three like you mention, they found so much blood the person couldn't be alive. It doesn't sound like this stain is that big.

The other cases I found that didn't have a body had other incriminating evidence, like witnesses etc...

The air test that they were talking about this morning is newer technology and hasn't been used/challenged in court yet. Hopefully the evidence they haven't shared is really good, or my research skills suck and you can determine if a stain came from a body.

There's a death band on the hair.

And, the cops have said they have more forensic evidence than they have revealed.

My guess is that they will definately get a conviction. I'm not sue they can prove intent, though.

I think that there is a very good chance of a conviction based on the evidence as we know it to be. However, I see a lot of weaknesses that the defense would exploit to be granted a new trial on appeal. I think obviously, the more forensic evidence the better. I really believe that the DA is trying to back Casey into a corner so that she will have to take a plea bargain and skip the uncertainty of a trial.

They might also offer, at some point, to take the death penalty off the table. Or, offer something less than life w/o parole.

If she is convicted of the charges before her now and serving her sentence, can she be charged with the murder charge at a later date if they find Caylee?

Well, KC had a dead body in the car. And, the hair came from Cindy's mom, Ciindy, Casey, or Caylee, and one of them is dead (death band). You do the math.

Casey didn't carry the burden alone for the 30-day period before Caylee was reported missing.

She went crying to someone. I believe that someone was Lee.

IMO!!

I think Lee was told right after the 911 calls.

Well, KC had a dead body in the car. And, the hair came from Cindy's mom, Ciindy, Casey, or Caylee, and one of them is dead (death band). You do the math.

Brini, I totally agree with you. There's no disputing what they found in the trunk of that car. This woman knows what happened to that child and that's what is so infuriating about this case. She's in the comfort of her own home and doesn't seem to have any trouble sleeping at night while the rest of the world is trying to find that little girl. I just have a fear that if they don't have enough hard evidence to convince a jury there's no room for "reasonable doubt", she may walk. That would be the epitomy of injustice for Caylee.

I think Lee was told right after the 911 calls.

I strongly doubt that and I'll explain why I say that. On the jailhouse call with her brother, I think the first one. She's rambling through her lies and he says to her, "we're going to find out". He was insistent on that. He said he wasn't going to go round and round with her especially seeing what their mother (Cindy) has been going through.

If she is convicted of the charges before her now and serving her sentence, can she be charged with the murder charge at a later date if they find Caylee?

Not sure if your question has been answered yet, but yes. There is NO statute of limitations for murder. They have all the time in the world providing they can prove that it was murder.

It is very frustrating waiting on this case, but the delay is only pulling the noose tighter.

Not sure if your question has been answered yet, but yes. There is NO statute of limitations for murder. They have all the time in the world providing they can prove that it was murder.

It is very frustrating waiting on this case, but the delay is only pulling the noose tighter.

I hope you are sooooo right.

Yes, Baznme, she can be convicted of her economic crimes, as they are being termed in the media, and be sentenced and in prison be charged in the homicide of her daughter and again brought to trial. I like AlligatorMom's idea that the supposed death is being talked about as an accident only as a strategem against Casey's stone wall. So far it hasn't worked. Nothing has. But the vice is tightening every day. btw, "economic crimes" is not apt. Sounds like she overcharged on her credit card. The crimes alleged are all forms of thievery but why generalize? String them out there: larceny, grand theft, forgery, fraud, criminal conversion, uttering false instruments. Gives everybody pause to think about her acts, every time they are enumerated. Let Jose Baez do the mitigating.

If you were alone with Casey today, what would you say to her or ask her to induce her to spill? The shrink on Nancy Grace identified Casey as Contact Dependent, meaning captivated by her engagement of the moment with another person or persons. If you are contact dependent, you lack a larger perspective; you can't see the forest for the tree you're with. These people are very poor planners. Maybe this trait could be used to advantage in getting a glimpse of the truth.

Does anyone have a link to an official version of what, exactly, has been released about the evidence that was tested from the trunk?

I'd think the stains and the hair? IIRC that were found in the car/trunk are evidence. And you have the cadaver dog hits...

I am not sure that is enough...They still have to connect Casey to it somehow.
She can say she kept hair brushes in the trunk too (the liar).

I think if they could have they would have charged her already.
I think it is best to have an air tight case.
I only hope it does not take much longer.
I also hope that poor baby get a respectable burial. :(

Yes, Baznme, she can be convicted of her economic crimes, as they are being termed in the media, and be sentenced and in prison be charged in the homicide of her daughter and again brought to trial. I like AlligatorMom's idea that the supposed death is being talked about as an accident only as a strategem against Casey's stone wall. So far it hasn't worked. Nothing has. But the vice is tightening every day. btw, "economic crimes" is not apt. Sounds like she overcharged on her credit card. The crimes alleged are all forms of thievery but why generalize? String them out there: larceny, grand theft, forgery, fraud, criminal conversion, uttering false instruments. Gives everybody pause to think about her acts, every time they are enumerated. Let Jose Baez do the mitigating.

I do think that is a great start...
They should put her in jail and charge her for all her despicable stealing, conniving, manipulating.
and while she is sitting in jail they can continue on getting the murder case air tight.

I wonder if her parents or Amy would press charges; Maybe George paid Amy back.
Maybe nobody is pressing charges.

The tighter LE can make the noose the better.

I don't mind waiting.

I strongly doubt that and I'll explain why I say that. On the jailhouse call with her brother, I think the first one. She's rambling through her lies and he says to her, "we're going to find out". He was insistent on that. He said he wasn't going to go round and round with her especially seeing what their mother (Cindy) has been going through.

Oh! Great point! There was a bit of a warning tone in his voice, too, wasn't there?

Yesw. I try to remember that, when I want to fly to FL and start throttling people.

Brini, I totally agree with you. There's no disputing what they found in the trunk of that car. This woman knows what happened to that child and that's what is so infuriating about this case. She's in the comfort of her own home and doesn't seem to have any trouble sleeping at night while the rest of the world is trying to find that little girl. I just have a fear that if they don't have enough hard evidence to convince a jury there's no room for "reasonable doubt", she may walk. That would be the epitomy of injustice for Caylee.

Well, most crimes are prosecuted on circumstantial evidence. The evidence here is: Who had custody of Caylee? In whose car was the forensic evidence found? Who has been refusing to cooperate with LE? BIM! BAM! BOOM!

If KC was smarter, she'd look up and see the guillotine blade hanging over her head. Sadly for here, she has more ego than brains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back