Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just talked to a friend who lives in Florida. They don't seem at all concern. But she has health issues so I told her that it got real very fast here in Italy in Just a week. Now weeks in all of Italy schools are closing per the news thru next week. We still haven't got the official announcement. Hopefully she took my warning and thinks about things.

Today is the day that my daughter and I are headed to Disney for the opening of Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway at Hollywood Studios. I'll report back on what tactics they are using (assuming they are doing anything) to prevent spread of the virus. In the meantime, I have attached an actual photo of me as I head to the most magical place on Earth. :D

Hope you both have a great time.

CNN on Twitter

Rather than shaking hands, Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts is encouraging people to bump elbows to help stop the spread of the coronavirus. The governor demonstrated it in a video of himself greeting people leaving quarantine at a facility in Omaha. cnn.it/2VKG6ha
I would like to suggest that the business world
start to greet others with a simple head bow like orientals do. Not necessary to be close to do it. even elbows can be infectious if people use them to stifle coughs and sneezes.

This is funny to me idk why. MOO

Matt Stoller on Twitter

Just spoke with ER doc who say he's seeing cases he's 99% sure are #coronavirus. Negative for flu, recent travel, work in airports. Not allowed to test. Patients return to work because they can't take time off w/out a firm diagnosis. Other ER docs seeing the same thing.

Why not allowed to test?

I thought CDC had released the guidelines for testing.

And Pence told us everyone could get a test

No one has ever called the virus itself a "hoax" and it isn't helpful for media or anyone to continue saying that. I realize it's hard to quell fear, but misinformation or reports that have a spin or agenda are just something that everyone, from our leaders and health experts and particularly our media, should work really, really hard on either not doing or correcting quickly when noted.
Heck, even my husband and I did some arguing today, which isn't at all helpful- due to some reporting on the news that turned out to not be completely correct.

Having said that, I do appreciate your many informative posts :)

I wish you could speak to my acquaintances they are 100% convinced it's a huge hoax created by the media to prevent music festivals. I kid you not. That China was paid to hire actors to create a fake crisis to stop music festivals.
I need new acquaintances.

I just talked to a friend who lives in Florida. They don't seem at all concern. But she has health issues so I told her that it got real very fast here in Italy in Just a week. Now weeks in all of Italy schools are closing per the news thru next week. We still haven't got the official announcement. Hopefully she took my warning and thinks about things.
Glad you informed her.
Yeah, it's business as usual here in Fl. Doesn't help that our leaders don't want to scare off tourists so even the locals are uninformed.
Wish I could be the mouthpiece for all our vulnerable seniors and health compromised
oldsters. It just doesn't seem fair that many don't even know what's around the corner.

Matt Stoller on Twitter

Just spoke with ER doc who say he's seeing cases he's 99% sure are #coronavirus. Negative for flu, recent travel, work in airports. Not allowed to test. Patients return to work because they can't take time off w/out a firm diagnosis. Other ER docs seeing the same thing.
According to the poster this is in NH. MOO

Still on page 2 this morning....

Popping in to ask if anyone has a link to the Los Angeles press conference that was announced yesterday as being at 8:30am Pacific time today? (Which is now)

Sorry if already posted.

Why not allowed to test?

I thought CDC had released the guidelines for testing.

And Pence told us everyone could get a test
Up until recently (yesterday?) doctors were being turned down.

Doctors were seeing the need for the test and were DENIED them. There were links posted on this thread about it, though I know these threads fly!

So, the assumption seems clear - there are way more cases in the states than have been reported. How could they be reported if suspected cases weren't tested?

I am hopeful the testing situation is now improved and doctors now can test when they deem it necessary....hope so.

jmo

What should I buy to prepare for a possible pandemic?

The US Department of Homeland Security recommends on its website that, before a pandemic strikes, to store a two-week supply of water and food, as well as over-the-counter medications you tend to take.

"Have any nonprescription drugs and other health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids with electrolytes, and vitamins," according to the department.

Live updates: Coronavirus outbreak spreads across the world - CNN

Before a Pandemic

• Store a two week supply of water and food.
  • Periodically check your regular prescription drugs to ensure a continuous supply in your home.
  • Have any nonprescription drugs and other health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids with electrolytes, and vitamins.
  • Get copies and maintain electronic versions of health records from doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other sources and store them, for personal reference. Get help accessing electronic health records.
  • Talk with family members and loved ones about how they would be cared for if they got sick, or what will be needed to care for them in your home.
During a Pandemic
Limit the Spread of Germs and Prevent Infection
  • Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
  • When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
  • Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
  • Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
  • Practice other good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.

I wish you could speak to my acquaintances they are 100% convinced it's a huge hoax created by the media to prevent music festivals. I kid you not. That China was paid to hire actors to create a fake crisis to stop music festivals.
I need new acquaintances.
Nooooooooooooooo. No. I would cover my eyes not to read this, but that would mean touching my face.

Please, people.

I can understand not being in a panic and thinking this will blow over - I get that attitude. But a hoax that the entire world is in on is (sorry) crazy.

jmo

Still on page 2 this morning....

Popping in to ask if anyone has a link to the Los Angeles press conference that was announced yesterday as being at 8:30am Pacific time today? (Which is now)

Sorry if already posted.
I think I found a link.... at least is this what BNO linked yesterday.

Currently appears to just be airing election news. Maybe they’ve cancelled or postponed the coronavirus update.

WATCH LIVE: CBSN Los Angeles - BNO News

Time for desperate measures by our government.

Dang it. Declare martial law for a month.
No flights international or domestic
No passenger trains
No long distance buses or city buses
No taxis
Close all schools and universities
No sporting events
No concerts
No mega church services. (God will hear you praying from home.)
No amusement parks
No conferences

We do not need daily reports on where the virus has spread, how many are affected, or how many died. We have been informed to wash our hands and keep them away from our face. And we know a vaccine is a year or more away.

We need action. Yes. There will be yelling and screaming, "You can't do this." Better a drastic solution than allowing movements and more deaths. People will get over it.

But what about long-distance trucking, air freight? Lots of goods and vital supplies need to get out to homes, stores, hospitals, other facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia