DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LIKE 1 million times!!!

rbbm.
Dogs, cats can't pass on coronavirus, but can test positive
''Pet cats and dogs cannot pass the new coronavirus on to humans, but they can test positive for low levels of the pathogen if they catch it from their owners.''

''Scientists suspect the virus known as SARS-CoV-2 that causes the disease originated in bats before passing it on to another species, possibly a small wild mammal, that passed it on to humans. However, experts from the School of Public Health of The University of Hong Kong, the College of Veterinary Medicine and Life Sciences of the City University of Hong Kong and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) have unanimously agreed that the dog has a low-level of infection and it is “likely to be a case of human-to-animal transmission.”

“Apart from maintaining good hygiene practices, pet owners need not be overly concerned and under no circumstances should they abandon their pets,” the spokesman said.

I mean it doesn’t make sense. This is the corporate attitude of only addressing the immediate. I get it. This is devastating for business and for us all as a result. But the end outcome would be the same if this is not contained. Tons of death and hospitalizations. Tremendous impacts on our medical systems that leave millions without care. Unless this is contained it’s going to be much, much worse. For everyone.

Totally agree. All corporations need to be looking beyond their quarterly earnings. If the situation continues to decline without interjection - their bottom lines will be dismal if the world falls into an era of depression.
Moo....

But most people have mild cases and are recuperating at home. Just like flu every year. Only the sickest people require hospitalization and yes, unfortunately, some will pass away. I had an 86 year old female patient die on my shift from Influenza B with a white count of 26,000 several years ago. I felt terrible for her and her family and I have always remembered her.

Once again, the death rate is higher (thus far. It could be lower than what it appears but we don’t have numbers yet) and we have no vaccine for this. Hence the alarm. Do you believe the WHO and CDC and US Health Dept. and health czars around the world are being alarmist?

LIKE 1 million times!!!

rbbm.
Dogs, cats can't pass on coronavirus, but can test positive
''Pet cats and dogs cannot pass the new coronavirus on to humans, but they can test positive for low levels of the pathogen if they catch it from their owners.''

''Scientists suspect the virus known as SARS-CoV-2 that causes the disease originated in bats before passing it on to another species, possibly a small wild mammal, that passed it on to humans. However, experts from the School of Public Health of The University of Hong Kong, the College of Veterinary Medicine and Life Sciences of the City University of Hong Kong and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) have unanimously agreed that the dog has a low-level of infection and it is “likely to be a case of human-to-animal transmission.”

“Apart from maintaining good hygiene practices, pet owners need not be overly concerned and under no circumstances should they abandon their pets,” the spokesman said.

Yes. That’s true. I think it’s crazy that some believe the 99% of the healthcare industry who believe in vaccines are all part of a vast, global conspiracy to sicken children and others for the privilege of making a profit.

It’s nonsense. These are people who take the Hippocratic oath. Or who courageously go into work knowing the risk of transmission because that’s what they have determined is their purpose in life - to serve others. (Like @LaborDayRN and all the other wonderful nurses and health care professionals we have on this site. Scientists who feverishly work to discover treatments or tests or vaccines that can save people.

I believe that most people in the world are actually good. It’s how we survive as a species- by helping one another. Watch any natural disaster video on YouTube and you will see how so many people’s instinct is to immediately help strangers or neighbors. Or animals. Risking their own lives on the process.

To believe that those tasked with keeping us healthy are mostly evil or stupid is baffling and illogical.
I've thought about this reaction to vaccines. I think part of it is related to this. Those of us who are in the above 40/45 (I'm way over that!) group grew up experiencing some of these "childhood illnesses". I had a friend who's mom walked with a brace because of childhood polio. I had a little 7 year old friend hospitalized for measles related Pneumonia. I still remember going to wave to her through the hospital window. She was in bed in an oxygen tent. It was so scary to me! Another died of the flu at 9 years old. :( And suffering through these illnesses was no joke!!
The under 40/45 group have not had the same experiences we did. They don't know the true fear, misery or danger of these childhood diseases. And I hope that vaccines continue to be given so that they NEVER do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, the death rate is higher (thus far. It could be lower than what it appears but we don’t have numbers yet) and we have no vaccine for this. Hence the alarm. Do you believe the WHO and CDC and US Health Dept. and health czars around the world are being alarmist?
No, I think the media is reporting things in an alarming manner because that sells papers and gets clicks. And, yes, we have no accurate numbers upon which to base mortality figures.

Good grief!
"Days after North Korean supreme leader, Kim Jong Un, warned the health officials in the country of dire consequences, there are fears that the North Korean dictator may soon start executing the health workers as there have been reports of several coronavirus related deaths in the hermit kingdom."
Kim Jong Un to execute health officials as coronavirus kills 23 in North Korea

How to make your own hand sanitizer:

"Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Ingredients:
  1. 2/3 cup 99% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) or ethanol.
  2. 1/3 cup aloe vera gel.
  3. 8-10 drops essential oil, optional (such as lavender, lemongrass, eucalyptus, peppermint, orange)"
Can’t find hand sanitizer? Here’s how to make your own

Has anyone tried making the homemade stuff yet? I have a bottle of aloe in the lab we use for the occasional burn. I can try making a small amount today to see if it works like it should if any one is interested. I also have some 99% ethyl alcohol on hand to see if it makes any difference as far as ease of blending. No bacteria or viruses to check it’s efficiency once blended down but my components are pure.
Sorry to reply to my own post but I tried it with isopropyl and ethyl alcohol, 99% on each. It’s extremely thin and the aloe in the form I have it doesn’t seem to be alcohol soluble. It’s sitting in clumps at the bottom. I’ve tried shaking it, now I’m trying time. I do have high shear mixers but you at home wouldn’t have one on hand (although possible a paint paddle attached to drill would substitute). At this point I would say save the aloe and just put the IPA or ethanol in spray bottle or on wipes. I do have aloe plants at home, I could try true raw aloe and see if I can get it into solution versus stabilized aloe. I do not recommend heating.

The virus is facilitating a paradigm shift, normalizing quarantines and ramped up travel control, making it impossible for people to assemble in numbers, using police control if necessary ( business trips abroad could be cancelled indefinately) and perhaps promoting a notion of regional self-sustainability (stay home, stay in ‘your area’) and then a little later on, mandatory mass vaccinations… The media was certainly having a heydey with its frightening and inflammatory language.
Language is a virus.

And the cure - just depends on who’s speaking it...

My uneducated guess. Hospital
The patient has previously been in and out of hospital for non-coronavirus reasons

I wonder how this person became infected:whether they had travelled abroad or had direct contact with someone who had visited a place with a high number of cases.
If they had no contact,then it is worrying how they contracted the virus.

Last edited:
But most people have mild cases and are recuperating at home. Just like flu every year. Only the sickest people require hospitalization and yes, unfortunately, some will pass away. I had an 86 year old female patient die on my shift from Influenza B with a white count of 26,000 several years ago. I felt terrible for her and her family and I have always remembered her.
My mother is 86 years old and frankly I'm more worried for her over this than I am over Influenza viruses. Also I don't remember any other globally spread illness that progressed a quickly and consistently as this one seems to. There is no harm in being cautious over even a mild case of CV. IMO

Sorry to reply to my own post but I tried it with isopropyl and ethyl alcohol, 99% on each. It’s extremely thin and the aloe in the form I have it doesn’t seem to be alcohol soluble. It’s sitting in clumps at the bottom. I’ve tried shaking it, now I’m trying time. I do have high shear mixers but you at home wouldn’t have one on hand (although possible a paint paddle attached to drill would substitute). At this point I would say save the aloe and just put the IPA or ethanol in spray bottle or on wipes. I do have aloe plants at home, I could try true raw aloe and see if I can get it into solution versus stabilized aloe. I do not recommend heating.
@Tbone144, Which brand of aloe gel did you use? I was going to test 2 brands tomorrow to see which works best.

No, I think the media is reporting things in an alarming manner because that sells papers and gets clicks. And, yes, we have no accurate numbers upon which to base mortality figures.
Numbers from other countries around the globe seem accurate. Of course, they are testing more citizens than here in the US currently. I have no reason to believe their figures are distorted in any way and that the same will not occur here. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway