Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The scientists and doctors are talking but no one is listening. Wash your hands, don’t wear a mask unless you’re sick, don’t touch your face, things like that. The WHO even said it wasn’t necessary to cancel flights between countries. It’s just an extra precaution that some countries are taking. So who do you listen to? If you hate the President, then don’t listen to him, listen to the experts on the subject. But people aren’t doing that either. IMO

Yeah the WHO said stopping travel from even infected countries won’t do anything to stop this. Different from what the CDC and the US Dept. of Health is saying.

I’m glad to hear your perspective.

6 US states are not currently testing for novel coronavirus

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention posted a map of US states and territories with one or more labs that are using diagnostic tests for the novel coronavirus.

All states are listed as currently testing for coronavirus, except Alabama, Maine, Ohio, Oklahoma, West Virginia and Wyoming; those states are listed as being in progress. Guam, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands are all listed as being in progress, as well.

The CDC says people should contact their state health departments with questions about testing. The information is provided by the Association of Public Health Laboratories.

According to the update Thursday by the CDC, there are now 149 confirmed and presumptive positive cases of novel coronavirus in the United States.

Today's update from CDC includes 46 people who were aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship, three people repatriated from China and 100 US cases.

US cases are those detected and tested in the United States through US public health systems since January 21. Among the 100 US cases, there have been 10 deaths. The 100 US cases are in 13 states, according to CDC: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and Wisconsin.

Live updates: Coronavirus outbreak spreads across the world - CNN

Coronavirus Updates: At Least 18 U.S. States Affected as Cases Mount

Nations on several continents are intensifying their efforts to contain the epidemic, which continues to spread fast. A cruise ship is being held off the California coast and the state has declared an emergency.

Right Now

The Senate is expected to approve $8.3 billion in emergency funding, already approved by the House, to fight the virus...

US Coast Guard drops test kits onto cruise ship near California

The US Coast Guard is currently dropping novel coronavirus test kits to a cruise ship off the coast of California, said Ken Cuccinelli, acting deputy secretary of Homeland Security.

"We are right now, literally as we speak flying test kits out to a cruise ship off San Francisco, off California I should say, it's moving up to San Francisco, with Coast Guard helos and PJ's basically dropping onto the ship and bringing kits. And we're going to test, not everybody, a very large number of individuals relative to the ship. So we have full information.”

He said they learned a lot of “negative lessons” from how the Diamond Princess cruise ship was quarantined. Cuccinelli said the initial thought was to hunker down, and that would have worked, but it wasn't done well.

d8dd5c91-5823-4ac5-b697-a5b72847dda2.jpg

6 US states are not currently testing for novel coronavirus

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention posted a map of US states and territories with one or more labs that are using diagnostic tests for the novel coronavirus.

All states are listed as currently testing for coronavirus, except Alabama, Maine, Ohio, Oklahoma, West Virginia and Wyoming; those states are listed as being in progress. Guam, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands are all listed as being in progress, as well.

The CDC says people should contact their state health departments with questions about testing. The information is provided by the Association of Public Health Laboratories.

According to the update Thursday by the CDC, there are now 149 confirmed and presumptive positive cases of novel coronavirus in the United States.

Today's update from CDC includes 46 people who were aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship, three people repatriated from China and 100 US cases.

US cases are those detected and tested in the United States through US public health systems since January 21. Among the 100 US cases, there have been 10 deaths. The 100 US cases are in 13 states, according to CDC: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and Wisconsin.

Ohio is and has been testing. So far 7 have tested negative. I seriously don't think we can believe anything we're being told 100%.

COVID-19 Resources for Local Health Districts and Providers

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this thread for your different viewpoints, suggestions and just the opportunity to express ourselves and provide a support community.

Now I’m going to raid the closest DG stores for those yummy dreamsicle m&ms.

Ohio is and has been testing. So far 7 have tested negative. I seriously don't think we can believe anything we're being told 100%.

Ohio is currently sending out their tests:

CDC Coronavirus Test Kits Coming To Ohio This Week

Coronavirus testing kits are set to arrive in Ohio in a few days and should be ready to test Ohioans for coronavirus, also called COVID-19, by next week.

The current process is for hospitals to send potential coronavirus samples to the Ohio Department of Health (ODH), which then sends the samples to one of two out-of-state labs run by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

That process takes five to seven days.

I agree 100%.....

"We’re losing valuable time. Longer we take to implement tough mitigation steps in areas of outbreak like Seattle, the larger, longer our epidemic curve will grow. Should we consider emergency economic aid for cities that implement tough measures to mitigate local outbreaks? "2/n
Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter

So scientists are saying 'tough mitigation steps' that appear to be more than just hand washing and don't touch your face? Who is listening?

Caught up on thread for NOW.

I’d started using the “multi-quote” while I was reading through because of so many great posts and I had thoughts on some, but now I’ve given up because there are sooo many quotes in my string and I can’t get through them all :)

Like some of you, I had trouble sleeping last night too! Coronavirus on my mind likely at least part of the cause. I’d love to take a break from thinking about it, but I can’t right now. Can’t avoid it in my community anymore. Not much action around here that I think is “good enough”, but lots of emails and messages from the community in various ways. A lot of it just makes me more frustrated though. Such as our school district STILL remaining open. (I do have thoughts on why school districts should close- at least here in Santa Clara County- and I may or may not have time or energy to write a post about it later).

One good thing is my church has opened up a live stream going forward for people to watch services if they want to stay home. And they’ve asked we not shake hands or hug at church. And they will no longer be serving snacks during the breaks. So that’s good.

So upshot is that my community seems to have finally snapped awake- tech companies making their own choices to have employees only work from home and cancel events- but IMO I really think it’s going to take Governor Newsom to do/say something before the general masses take action that’s really going to affect enough change.

And so I wait..........

MOO

Gitana" "Bottom line- health insurance companies push vaccines, as do nations with socialized medicine, because the costs of unvaccinated persons FAR outweigh the costs of any adverse reactions."+

Your post is interesting, but I think you are omitting something:

The real pain, suffering, and long-term disability from diseases preventable by vaccines is what healthcare is interested in:

The life-long disability and diseases associated with polio, for example.

The amputations required from Menigiococcal meningitis.

The deafness and neurologic complications from measles.

Start visiting really poor countries and see the consequence of not being able to get vaccinations.

So much suffering is utterly preventable.

The quoted part of that article says 10 deaths in the US so far. We know of 11 (at least I think that's the count at the time of this typing) so I'm thinking that article is just a bit behind the times. It must be hard to stay updated when news is changing faster than the time it takes to get an article through the publication process...

Authorities confirm first UK death from coronavirus

The Royal Berkshire NHS Trust said in a statement:

"Sadly, we can confirm that an older patient with underlying health conditions has died. The patient has previously been in and out of hospital for non-coronavirus reasons, but on this occasion was admitted and last night tested positive for coronavirus.

The family has been informed and our thoughts are with them at this difficult time.

We will not be commenting further and ask that everybody respects the family’s privacy.”

Coronavirus: health authorities confirm first UK death – latest updates

US Coast Guard drops test kits onto cruise ship near California

The US Coast Guard is currently dropping novel coronavirus test kits to a cruise ship off the coast of California, said Ken Cuccinelli, acting deputy secretary of Homeland Security.

"We are right now, literally as we speak flying test kits out to a cruise ship off San Francisco, off California I should say, it's moving up to San Francisco, with Coast Guard helos and PJ's basically dropping onto the ship and bringing kits. And we're going to test, not everybody, a very large number of individuals relative to the ship. So we have full information.”

He said they learned a lot of “negative lessons” from how the Diamond Princess cruise ship was quarantined. Cuccinelli said the initial thought was to hunker down, and that would have worked, but it wasn't done well.

d8dd5c91-5823-4ac5-b697-a5b72847dda2.jpg

Not going to test everybody because...still not enough tests while smaller countries with less resources can run drive thrus...

Sorry to hear that. And it’s not like you can easily miss/reschedule a VA appt. veterans healthcare is one aspect of our screwed up hc system (off topic grumble)

off to catch up. Ugh

Checking in...at the VA clinic with Mr SAMS, NOONE has asked if he’s been out of the country/exposed to Corona Virus. Needless to say I’m sanitizing and washing hands like crazy in here and after. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo