Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HSBC has evacuated a floor of its Canary Wharf office tower after an employee was confirmed to have caught coronavirus.

The bank has sent 100 people home and ordered a deep clean of the 10th floor, which houses its research department. This has so far not affected HSBC’s trading floor, which carries out large transactions on financial markets for big institutions.

HSBC said: “We have been informed that one of our employees at 8 Canada Square has been diagnosed with Covid-19. This colleague is under medical supervision and has self-isolated. We are working closely with the health authorities.

“We are deep-cleaning the floor where our colleague worked and shared areas of the building. Colleagues on that floor, and others who came into contact with him, have been advised to work at home

HSBC evacuates floor of Canary Wharf after coronavirus test | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian
Um. No mention of the elevators and hence all the other floors?

Also, on the last thread @Lilibet said: "But if you tested positive, can you imagine trying to remember everywhere you had been in the past 2-3 weeks?! Every random contact at the quick stop or coffee kiosk? I guess we all need to start keeping diaries"

I actually started doing this last night. Just a little draft email where I will add a line each night noting where I went and who I had contact with that day.

I don't live in an area with existing cases, but I'm sure it will show up eventually, and I want to already be in the habit of that daily note-taking before I end up in a situation where I'm being asked to recall my activities (and during a time when I might not be feeling at my best). It's an easy enough thing to do and I'm a strong believer in the usefulness of habits and routines.

BREAKING: Tennessee reports first case of coronavirus Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WMC) - Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee gave an update concerning the coronavirus. He announced that Tennessee has the first confirmed case of the coronavirus in the state.

The patient is a 44-year-old man in Williamson County.

Tennessee Department of Health commissioner Dr. Lisa Piercy said he is currently being quarantined in his home.

Authorities said the patient did not travel internationally, but they did travel within the country. Doctors did not confirm where the patient specifically traveled.

Chief medical officer, Tim Jones, said no more than a handful of Tennesseeans have been tested for the virus so far.

Gov. Bill Lee announced first confirmed case of coronavirus in Tennessee

BREAKING: Tennessee reports first case of coronavirus Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WMC) - Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee gave an update concerning the coronavirus. He announced that Tennessee has the first confirmed case of the coronavirus in the state.

The patient is a 44-year-old man in Williamson County.

Tennessee Department of Health commissioner Dr. Lisa Piercy said he is currently being quarantined in his home.

Authorities said the patient did not travel internationally, but they did travel within the country. Doctors did not confirm where the patient specifically traveled.

Chief medical officer, Tim Jones, said no more than a handful of Tennesseeans have been tested for the virus so far.

Gov. Bill Lee announced first confirmed case of coronavirus in Tennessee

See my post from above
Would you like to elaborate on the facts ? We can't deny the extreme levels of corruption involved with these health agencies.

-========================================================================
“A little known specialized bond created in 2017 by the World Bank may hold the answer as to why U.S. and global health authorities have declined to label the global spread of the novel coronavirus a “pandemic.”

Those bonds, now often referred to as “pandemic bonds,” were ostensibly intended to transfer the risk of potential pandemics in low-income nations to financial markets.”

See:
Is Wall Street Behind the Delay in Declaring the Coronavirus Outbreak a “Pandemic”?
or you can read it here:
Is Wall Street Behind The Delay In Declaring The Covid-19 Outbreak A "Pandemic"?

Oh, guess who is current Director-General for the World Health Organization? That would be Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, who was who was appointed on 1 July 2017. [hum] You may remember that he was the Ethiopian Minister of Health, who managed NOT to notice a major outbreak of Cholera, that killed thousands of his fellow countrymen during his tenure as Minister of Health."

ATLANTA — Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp will hold a Thursday afternoon press conference regarding coronavirus.

The 4 p.m. event will include Dr. Kathleen Toomey, Commissioner of the Georgia Department of Public Health; Dr. Cherie Drenzek, State Epidemiologist; and Coronavirus Task Force members.

The governor's office said Kemp and other state leaders will give an update on recent discussions with federal officials regarding coronavirus preparedness, as well as the state's ability to now test COVID-19 kits at the Georgia Public Health Laboratory in Decatur.

Gov. Kemp, officials to give coronavirus update

I think Boomer Bashing and overall disrespect for older people is raising it's ugly head everywhere and this will be one area that is going to be difficult to control in the COVID-9 "unpandemic"

Agree with the boomer bashing. Every generation can be easily mocked or blamed for something. It will come back around to Gen X'ers eventually like me once I turn 65

You may be right about your chances. But for the millions who are over 50 or have a health condition, including young people, the odds aren’t as good. And when you’ve got schools closing because of the spread and major events being cancelled in first world countries, it’s clearly not like SARS.

Officials from the WHO are alarmed. CDC officials are alarmed. At first I felt like you do - this is going to be like SARS, the flu is worse and we’ve got systems in place to handle this. But not anymore.

There have only been 8,000 confirmed cases of SARS. There have only been 2,500 confirmed cases of MERS. Both had greater death rates so far. However, we now have over 90,000 cases of COVID19 and it’s spreading fast.

There have been big problems with getting information from the powers that be in the US and corporate interests are attempting to influence the dissemination of information about this crisis.

People are being made to isolate. Cruise ships are being held off port. My doctor told me to avoid travel.

At this point I am very concerned.
BBM

I could have written this! This is exactly how I feel. WHO and CDC have been alarmed, and I’ll admit at first I thought that was weird because it didn’t seem that terrible really. But there’s a reason the most qualified people on the planet to accurately assess the situation are VERY ALARMED. We should probably listen to them.

i am in my late 40's and have ehlers danlos so i am actually likely to be at as much risk as someone over 50 if not more.

standard influenza kills approximately half a million people every year worldwide, most people don't panic every flu season and yet it kills so many people annually.

researchers stated with SARS that the actual infection rate was probably way higher in china especially because patients didn't develop severe symptoms they never sought medical attention.

i am not saying this form of corona isn't dangerous just that the last two major outbreaks of coronavirus did not have near the global impact that was feared at the time.

Yes but this one already is. I’m not sure how you can compare SARS with 8,000 cases in two years with COVID19 that has had 96,000 cases in LESS THAN TWO MONTHS.

This is a HUGE problem with the Federal Government's leadership on this.

Let the scientists talk and shut the politicians up.

Get a simple concise message out there and then act on it
The scientists and doctors are talking but no one is listening. Wash your hands, don’t wear a mask unless you’re sick, don’t touch your face, things like that. The WHO even said it wasn’t necessary to cancel flights between countries. It’s just an extra precaution that some countries are taking. So who do you listen to? If you hate the President, then don’t listen to him, listen to the experts on the subject. But people aren’t doing that either. IMO

crazy, crazy, crazy....who is in charge? Nobody...

Meanwhile Comic Con will bring together 100,000 people in Seattle in a week. Into an area of America’s only known, potential larger outbreak. So far, local officials and event organizer are maintaining the event with stepped up efforts at infection control and other measures. Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lxzycxlm