Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my TV news stations are Orlando based.
Normally news is stifled if it relates to theme
parks and especially Disney World. The theme parks are going all out advertising to locals to come to the parks so I'm guessing their daily numbers may be going down or they're just planning for when out of town travelers decrease.
Ch 9 Orlando is doing a bit of special news on the virus, in general and is hosting a call in
show this evening at 8pm.
not sure what type of planning is going on behind the scenes w/ schools, employers etc.
Seems to be a wait and see approach so far.
Thank you for responding :) My stations are Tampa based.

The scientists and doctors are talking but no one is listening. Wash your hands, don’t wear a mask unless you’re sick, don’t touch your face, things like that. The WHO even said it wasn’t necessary to cancel flights between countries. It’s just an extra precaution that some countries are taking. So who do you listen to? If you hate the President, then don’t listen to him, listen to the experts on the subject. But people aren’t doing that either. IMO
No, I think plenty of people are listening to the health officials and just ignoring politicians who don’t know what they’re talking about and even worse who don’t believe in science and facts.

Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up.

"We just could not generate much interest," a researcher said of the difficulty in getting funding to test the vaccine in humans.

The family of Coronaviruses is ubiquitous and highly prone to mutations, even more so than Influenza viruses, or the common rhinoviruses and adenoviruses that cause common colds.

It has been very difficult to isolate the common genetic base pair or sequence that will be immunogenic enough to confer immunity on the genera of Coronaviruses as a whole.

Even though MERS and SARS have given us heads up in the past about the severe pathogenicity of these strains, the relatively few cases has limited support for vaccines for these viruses.

We may have a vaccine of some efficacy against COVID-19 in 18 months. But it will not likely be enough to prevent the next coronavirus mutation to sweep into an epidemic. So scientists and vaccine manufacturers will have to be surveying and promoting the next set of COVID's before the COVID-19 is even released.

The thing is, you don’t need a virus or a viral biochemical weapon in order to spread death and mayhem. All you need to do is tell people repeatedly that there is a deadly virus and that it is spreading, then sit back and watch them all kill themselves in the chaos that ensues.

The virus is facilitating a paradigm shift, normalizing quarantines and ramped up travel control, making it impossible for people to assemble in numbers, using police control if necessary (her business trips abroad have all been cancelled indefinately) and perhaps promoting a notion of regional self-sustainability (stay home, stay in ‘your area’) and then a little later on, mandatory mass vaccinations… The media was certainly having a heydey with its frightening and inflammatory language.
Language is a virus.

BBM.

So are anti-vaxxers IMO. And I think that’s where this rhetoric is coming from.

So let me address that.

Here’s the thing: I'm an attorney, a skeptic and distrust big pharma and our for-profit medical system. Some of the anecdotal accounts of parents whose children evidenced sudden symptoms of autism directly after vaccines, resonated with me as did the thought that multiple vaccines stimulating the immune system of small babies and children, could do something.

So I did the research. I actually read the studies. AND I read all the anti-vaxxer propaganda.

The thing is, I am able to use logic. And my reading comprehension is excellent. I'm not great at math but can understand risk versus benefit analysis and odds.

Bottom line- health insurance companies push vaccines, as do nations with socialized medicine, because the costs of unvaccinated persons FAR outweigh the costs of any adverse reactions.

There is no evidence of big pharma kickbacks (which would be far too big to hide) and big pharma would be small pharma if they had to pay every insurance company and socialized democracy the amount of money that would be necessary to counter the costs of vaccine injured or ill people, if what anti-vaxxers say is the risk of vaccines.

This isn’t a hoax and it’s not a virus created to enable the pharmaceutical companies to make a profit off a thus far elusive, future vaccine. That’s not the least bit logical. IMO.

This is a runaway train that can’t be controlled. And anyone creating such a biohazard would know that.

crazy, crazy, crazy....who is in charge? Nobody...

Meanwhile Comic Con will bring together 100,000 people in Seattle in a week. Into an area of America’s only known, potential larger outbreak. So far, local officials and event organizer are maintaining the event with stepped up efforts at infection control and other measures. Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter
:confused::(

RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - The first Nevada patient has tested positive for the coronavirus.

The Nevada Independent reports that patient was identified by the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System. The sample is being sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for official confirmation

Report: First positive coronavirus test in Nevada

This is the first identified flu case. I suspect that there have been many others in January and February that were just shrug, flu.

BBM.

So are anti-vaxxers IMO. And I think that’s where this rhetoric is coming from.

So let me address that.

Here’s the thing: I'm an attorney, a skeptic and distrust big pharma and our for-profit medical system. Some of the anecdotal accounts of parents whose children evidenced sudden symptoms of autism directly after vaccines, resonated with me as did the thought that multiple vaccines stimulating the immune system of small babies and children, could do something.

So I did the research. I actually read the studies. AND I read all the anti-vaxxer propaganda.

The thing is, I am able to use logic. And my reading comprehension is excellent. I'm not great at math but can understand risk versus benefit analysis and odds.

Bottom line- health insurance companies push vaccines, as do nations with socialized medicine, because the costs of unvaccinated persons FAR outweigh the costs of any adverse reactions.

There is no evidence of big pharma kickbacks (which would be far too big to hide) and big pharma would be small pharma if they had to pay every insurance company and socialized democracy the amount of money that would be necessary to counter the costs of vaccine injured or ill people, if what anti-vaxxers say is the risk of vaccines.

This isn’t a hoax and it’s not a virus created to enable the pharmaceutical companies to make a profit off a thus far elusive, future vaccine. That’s not the least bit logical. IMO.

This is a runaway train that can’t be controlled. And anyone creating such a biohazard would know that.

There is actually a great deal of logic involved in the matter. It is what I refer to as being a coincidental theorist, where one does not acknowledge how the trails of money can and have been traced repeatedly over the years involving these agencies. I am not stating they created a disease and unleashed it on the public, even though there are well documented cases of that happening by our agencies (CIA see The 1951 Pont-Saint-Esprit mass poisoning as an example), but instead merely showing how this is something that occurs often and it is fear mongering and panic at its best.

A third county in Washington state has a coronavirus patient

A Grant County resident has “tested presumptive positive for COVID-19.”

The man is hospitalized at Central Washington Hospital.

This brings the total number of cases of coronavirus in Washington state to 40.

This is first case of coronavirus in Grant County, Washington state.

Health officials in Washington state have previously said King County has 31 cases, including 9 deaths, and Snohomish County has 8 cases, including 1 death.

Live updates: Coronavirus outbreak spreads across the world - CNN

I agree 100%.....

"We’re losing valuable time. Longer we take to implement tough mitigation steps in areas of outbreak like Seattle, the larger, longer our epidemic curve will grow. Should we consider emergency economic aid for cities that implement tough measures to mitigate local outbreaks? "2/n
Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter

California Governor Newsom, are you listening? Come on dude, step up. I’m rooting for you here.

(is it too wishful to think he posts here on the WS thread and will read this?)

Number of coronaviruses cases in Netherlands doubles to 82

... after 44 new patients were identified today. 69 of those infected are “people who have been in Italy” or were in contact with family members who have tested positive to the virus.

Two of the new patients are in the hospital and the others are isolated in their homes.

Live updates: Coronavirus outbreak spreads across the world - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member