Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the reaction reminds me of the SARS outbreak back in 02, it was also a form of cornavirus. the world did not end and the total deaths attributed to it were 774 across 37 countries. SARS had a 10% mortality rate this current version has a 2.3%
i understand that people fear the idea of a pandemic but in 1st world countries i think the odds of it wiping out large numbers is highly unlikely, research into vaccines is underway.
if it were an ebola pandemic then even i might start hoarding toilet paper but at this point i think being smart about hygiene and not flying into china or going on a cruise will probably keep me safe .

You may be right about your chances. But for the millions who are over 50 or have a health condition, including young people, the odds aren’t as good. And when you’ve got schools closing because of the spread and major events being cancelled in first world countries, it’s clearly not like SARS.

Officials from the WHO are alarmed. CDC officials are alarmed. At first I felt like you do - this is going to be like SARS, the flu is worse and we’ve got systems in place to handle this. But not anymore.

There have only been 8,000 confirmed cases of SARS. There have only been 2,500 confirmed cases of MERS. Both had greater death rates so far. However, we now have over 90,000 cases of COVID19 and it’s spreading fast.

There have been big problems with getting information from the powers that be in the US and corporate interests are attempting to influence the dissemination of information about this crisis.

People are being made to isolate. Cruise ships are being held off port. My doctor told me to avoid travel.

At this point I am very concerned.

I'm a member of the no confidence club as well. It's quite pathetic actually. JMO

I'm joining the Club of No Confidence !

At work today, I had to reprimand a potluck for a departing employee when people were openly double dipping into foods.

Work potlucks will be banned in the future. (I have real issues with the hygiene practices of some employees, having observed them for years)

Good morning all. Maybe you guys can help me figure this out. So the person who died in Placer county had come off a cruise from San fran., to Mexico and called 911 a few days after returning from the cruise? Is the cruise ship being held in San Fran bay the same ship but different cruise?

This is the craziest tweet today....well maybe not. The day is only half over......denial?
--------------------
Per: @iflyCHS: Seasonal flights from Charleston to London's @HeathrowAirport will resume on March 29!
#chsnews #scnews

Israel doesn't play....good for them....#2 behind Antartica to move there....lol

Tourists have been banned from Bethlehem and all the major cities of the West Bank amid the coronavirus outbreak. Schools, restaurants and places of religious congregation are also closed, including what is believed to be the birthplace of Jesus Tourists banned from Bethlehem due to coronavirus fears

Snipped

I expect we have enough snark here in the corner, lol. We'll take the snacks, though. :)

jmo
If we’re not careful, I’m prepared to join the time-out corner with all of you... but that’s when my opposing opinion goes poof. We are either allowed to discuss or not, it shouldn’t be just one view. IMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom