Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is currently 70% alcohol and 30% aloe gel by weight. I’m thinking about heated corn starch and water not sure if it will be enough to thicken it.

Oh , i see. You still need to thicken it up still to keep the alcohol percentage high. Hmmmm. Corn Starch maybe a good idea. Since its a natural substance, it should be safe to give that a try.

Noooooooo :eek::eek::eek:

These are High-Level I-V only antibiotics only available through hospital pharmacies and not for general public use.

It is extremely poor antibiotic stewardship to use these antibiotics without appropriate indications.

Creating another antibiotic-resistance problem for severe infections is not helping anything at all.

And VP Pence said just yesterday that every American can get tested. ( although I don't know what his definition of an American is)

Every American? Presumably, this means testing for those individuals who present with symptoms of COVID-19. Testing absolutely every American would be cost prohibitive :eek:

One of the deaths in Washington State was a 40 year old

maybe people will pay more attention when I hear that someone closer to their age has died. Of course People with pre-existing conditions and older people are more susceptible. But, I won’t be surprised to hear later down the road that Younger ages are more affected than we now know.

I don't think US has a battle

plan or phases....every state for itself.....IMO
This is so unfortunate. Seems that a co-ordinated effort could be so much more efficient.
Where are our leaders? Can't some of the scientists lobby our representatives?
We shouldn't be sitting back and accepting this
in this day and age. We can do better than this.
We can put the first man on the moon but can't muster an organized attack from a virus?

Do you think, 1 million infected in 7 to 8 weeks, in U.S. is a reasonable projection?
@H

I was looking at the Rest Of The World/cases outside China chart on the Johns Hopkins map portal earlier, and yes...I would say in 40 days the US could easily have 250,000 to a million cases. The potential seems to be there.

They say that Washtington state could have 600 to 1500 cases right now. I think it's possible that the rest of the US also has that many. With a 5-day doubling rate that gives 3000-6000-12000-24000-48000-96000-202,000-404,000-808,000 for a simple 40-day projection. What happens in terms of actions taken by cities, states, and individuals could bring that down. Alternatively, the Johns Hopkins chart for non-China cases seems at the moment to be showing a 4-day doubling rate, so the 500,000 to a million cases after 8 weeks could be realistic. But hopefully actions taken during this time can keep that number to the lower predictions?

One thing that's going to help to reduce the doubling rate and the R0 is going to be more in depth testing, especially for patients entering and admitted into hospital. Getting infected patients into isolation/quarantine areas will hopefully reduce infection rates in healthcare staff and other sick patients, and reducing the cases spread to already sick and vulnerable patients in hospitals will help to keep the death rates down.

I had scarlet fever quite y0ung too. And measles. In those days Polio was a big concern until the vaccine came out. Fun times!

I was a young child playing outside on a summer day. I heard my mother yell to our neighbor asking her how her son Howard was doing. Howard had polio. She yelled back that Howard had died. The families on our street were nervous wrecks. I remember going to our little neighborhood school and getting the polio vaccine in a sugar cube. No one had to be talked into going or even questioned it. We were so relieved to have a reprieve from that awful disease.

Instead of making a gel sanitizer I have put 60% alcohol in several little spray bottles. Keep one next to the sink in my car next to the front door. I spray my car keys when I get home and sometimes my wallet and then my hands before I wash them.
I cleaned out little spray bottles around the house that had things in them that I’m not gonna use or we’re almost empty. I looked for Aloe gel yesterday and could not find any.

CDC first live call for clinicians in the United States is NOW LIVE. I really want to hear what CDC is telling the US clinicians all over the US what to do, vs. MSM regurgitation! It is now on

Yes, its Audio only.

Listening a little late but hearing the Q/A now. I think a recording will be provided....see ETA below I saw on a related link

ETA----If you are unable to attend this COCA Call, the recording of this webinar will be posted at this location a few hours after the live event.

CDC Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity - COCA

:eek::eek:WARNING! FLAMMABLE:eek::eek:
All you amateur lab chemists out there making your own hand sanitizer:

Rubbing alcohol (commonly supplied 70% ) is Highly Flammable.

DO NOT HEAT IT UP

Do NOT put it anywhere near a lit stove or flame or cigarette!!!!!

It burns with a colorless, INVISIBLE flame and can easily be put on fire without appearing to be so. If it spills, it can ignite paper and other material contacted, like paper towels, clothing, sheets, etc.

I know this from many years in the laboratory flame sterilizing dissecting equipment. Put a hot pair of scissors into a container of isopropyl alcohol and your won't even realize you've set it on fire until it spills into your lap and your apron melts and your pants and shoes start to char

KEEP AWAY FROM STOVES, OVENS, FLAMES, CIGARETTES, CANDLES, YOUR HAZMAT SUIT, YOUR MASK, YOUR GLOVES, etc

Last edited:
Regarding stocking up on food, supplies and medications. Unfortunately, that is just not an option for many of us. Due to circumstances beyond my immediate control, (including health issues), I am currently living paycheck to paycheck. I cannot afford to buy groceries and prescriptions as it is, let alone any extra. I have $30 to last until next Friday when I get paid again, but I need gas, food, prescriptions and toilet tissue and paper towel (have none). I have no sickness benefits and as a legal permanent resident of the US, I cannot access food stamps or any government benefits. What happens if I get sick?

Italy confirms 41 more deaths from coronavirus

... in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of fatalities to 148.

... those who had died were between the ages of 66 and 99 years-old; most were in “frail conditions” and had underlying health problems.

The number of those who have so far recovered from the virus has risen from 276 confirmed recoveries – as reported on Wednesday – to 414.

Currently, 1,790 patients remain in hospital, 351 individuals are in intensive care, and 1,155 are in self-isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214