Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, you don’t need a virus or a viral biochemical weapon in order to spread death and mayhem. All you need to do is tell people repeatedly that there is a deadly virus and that it is spreading, then sit back and watch them all kill themselves in the chaos that ensues.
That statement is bang on!
MOO

Regarding stocking up on food, supplies and medications. Unfortunately, that is just not an option for many of us. Due to circumstances beyond my immediate control, (including health issues), I am currently living paycheck to paycheck. I cannot afford to buy groceries and prescriptions as it is, let alone any extra. I have $30 to last until next Friday when I get paid again, but I need gas, food, prescriptions and toilet tissue and paper towel (have none). I have no sickness benefits and as a legal permanent resident of the US, I cannot access food stamps or any government benefits. What happens if I get sick?
PM if you get sick.

4 consumer topics to think about when it comes to the coronavirus

Hank Winchester helps keep you informed during coronavirus outbreak

DETROIT – Right now there are four consumer topics everyone is thinking about when it comes to how the coronavirus might affect their everyday lives, and Help Me Hank has answers to those issues.

1. What to do about travel plans
  2. Work/how to talk to your employer
  3. How schools are preparing
  4. What do do about stocking up on supplies...

Noooooooo :eek::eek::eek:

These are High-Level I-V only antibiotics only available through hospital pharmacies and not for general public use.

It is extremely poor antibiotic stewardship to use these antibiotics without appropriate indications.

Creating another antibiotic-resistance problem for severe infections is not helping anything at all.

And VP Pence said just yesterday that every American can get tested. ( although I don't know what his definition of an American is)

There are not enough tests to go around. And there is still no real answer on how much they are charging people that do get it. Medicare and Medicaid are covering it, private insurance maybe. No one seems to really know.
GP's are NOT testing and unless you KNOW you were in a very specific parameter, they are NOT testing people widely. Since the most common respiratory issue seems to be pneumonia, which in turn becomes a bacterial issue, instead of doctors prescribing a 'lower level' antibiotic and letting people get sicker, yes, they should know what they are being treated with. I RARELY take antibiotics...maybe once every 4 or 5 years. I'm on my THIRD round this week...of a different type... one for 'community acquired pneumonia'. IF i had this 2 weeks ago, perhaps i wouldn't have been in public as much or be better by now and not spread my germs going to the dr. office. Yes, IV antibiotics treat much quicker but not all are 'stronger'. Not everyone will go to the hospital to get treated or tested, OR will wait to long.... and spread it more

This is so unfortunate. Seems that a co-ordinated effort could be so much more efficient.
Where are our leaders? Can't some of the scientists lobby our representatives?
We shouldn't be sitting back and accepting this
in this day and age. We can do better than this.
We can put the first man on the moon but can't muster an organized attack from a virus?

We are not the same country that put that man on the moon...they starved that govt. They said they would and they did, with the consent and blessing of a good portion of the public.

Regarding stocking up on food, supplies and medications. Unfortunately, that is just not an option for many of us. Due to circumstances beyond my immediate control, (including health issues), I am currently living paycheck to paycheck. I cannot afford to buy groceries and prescriptions as it is, let alone any extra. I have $30 to last until next Friday when I get paid again, but I need gas, food, prescriptions and toilet tissue and paper towel (have none). I have no sickness benefits and as a legal permanent resident of the US, I cannot access food stamps or any government benefits. What happens if I get sick?
I really believe this is most people , I'm right there with you, I just happen to have a little savings but no health insurance and I am terrified .

Fruit of the Earth crystal clear aloe gel healing therapy. Something has definitely fallen out of solution either a stabilizer or preservative. With time the gel seems to be going into solution. I kept a bit off to the side to see if it would thin with time. Still doesn’t help with viscosity of the material, it’s water thin. Some type of natural Viscosity enhancer would be needed to make it thicker. My hand sanitizer advertises as 70% alcohol so I don’t want to dilute it too much, I’ve seen some with 60% on the bottle. What it doesn’t tell me is it 60% alcohol the active ingredient they started with or is 60% alcohol the finished concentration. I guess I’ll go down a rabbit hole at lunch and see if I can find some SDS on these, that should have final concentration estimates in the product.
I started researching for you and found this. I didn't think of expiration dates and the fact that alcohol evaporates creating a less potent formula than what's noted on the label.

"To work, though, research has shown that these products must consist of at least 60 percent alcohol. If the alcohol concentration is any lower, the sanitizer will not kill off all the germs. In fact, studies seem to show that faulty gels — ones with less than this amount of alcohol — seem to mobilize the germs, spreading them around the hand instead of killing them."

"...alcohol is a highly volatile liquid. That means that it evaporates quickly when exposed to the air. Although the sanitizer remains in a container where exposure is minimal, it's not airtight. So the alcohol in the gel will evaporate."

Does hand sanitizer really expire?

Now to get the money away from big business and sham companies and into the hands of legitimate providers.

Exactly!

Too many times in the past, the US does a good job to allocate funds to States in crisis, but does a horrible job of making sure that money gets sent and used to the right people who really need it. Like during the Haiti disaster not long ago, we ended up hearing stories later how tons of supplies were locked up in some wharehouse somewhere and were never divied out to the people of Haiti.

Exactly!

Too many times in the past, the US does a good job to allocate funds to States in crisis, but does a horrible job of making sure that money gets sent and used to the right people who really need it. Like during the Haiti disaster not long ago, we ended up hearing stories later how tons of supplies were locked up in some wharehouse somewhere and were never divied out to the people of Haiti.

Or FOP ( Friends of Politicians)

I started researching for you and found this. I didn't think of expiration dates and the fact that alcohol evaporates creating a less potent formula than what's noted on the label.

"To work, though, research has shown that these products must consist of at least 60 percent alcohol. If the alcohol concentration is any lower, the sanitizer will not kill off all the germs. In fact, studies seem to show that faulty gels — ones with less than this amount of alcohol — seem to mobilize the germs, spreading them around the hand instead of killing them."

"...alcohol is a highly volatile liquid. That means that it evaporates quickly when exposed to the air. Although the sanitizer remains in a container where exposure is minimal, it's not airtight. So the alcohol in the gel will evaporate."

Does hand sanitizer really expire?

"Volatile" also means HIGHLY FLAMMABLE.

Please read my warning on Page 20 ( Post # 395)

Exactly!

Oooh, that kind of stuff makes my blood boil!

Exactly!

True. Throwing money at a problem doesn't mean that there will be a resolution ;) Signing a big, fat check that allocates funds and continuous monitoring of how the funds are used are two different animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214