Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect more people to try to “spread the wealth” if they get it. Some guy my work basically said if he gets it he will come to work on purpose because he hates his job.

Yeah sitting on my hands what I have to say about that guy.

Sounds like someone who could also return with a gun one day and shoot the whole place up.

Again, healthcare workers are a big concern, elderly family are a big concern, and idiots like this are a big concern. We are going to be seeing a lot of this, I’m afraid, Idiots.

Just received this email from Allegiant Airlines:

Dear Valued Allegiant Customer,

I wanted to reach out to you personally regarding the current situation with coronavirus. The influx of new, daily developments in the news has brought many concerns and an environment of uncertainty. But I want you to understand that here at Allegiant, the health and safety of you and our team members remains the top priority in everything we do. During this period of uncertainty, be assured you can fly with confidence.

We are in continuous contact with the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Department of Homeland Security/TSA, Department of Transportation/FAA and other agencies and experts, closely monitoring the situation and current guidance regarding travel. Allegiant is a domestic airline with all nonstop flights and we do not have any international connecting flights. Domestic airlines, unlike international carriers, have not had any restrictions placed on them. We remain committed to serving you, our valued customer. To this point we have not made any changes to our schedule. As always, we will let you know immediately should there be any changes to a flight you are booked on.

We understand your decision to travel at this time is personal and many factors are involved. If you would like to request a change to your travel plans at this time, you may do so without incurring a change fee.

We will keep you informed of any developments regarding coronavirus which could impact upcoming flights. But please know that across our system, Allegiant team members are, as always, committed to ensuring your travels are as safe and seamless as possible.

Thank you once again for flying with us. We look forward to seeing you on board soon.

Sincerely,

MG_Signature.png

Maury Gallagher
Chairman and CEO
Allegiant

Alberta Health Services announces 2 more cases, total now 4. Two people were infected on the Grand Princess Cruise Ship and returned home on Feb 21, the third later traveled with one of the cruise infected person, the fourth traveled in Europe. Age range is 30-60.

Update from NH - State Office mentioned the Dartmouth Hospital Resident that did not follow instructions but did not detail his status in terms of employment IMO:

Coronavirus Update: State Announces Two New Presumed Cases of COVID-19 in N.H., Raising Total To 4

Quotes from article:

Updated on Saturday, March 7, 11:15 p.m.

State health officials announced two new presumptive positive cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, late Saturday evening.

One patient is an adult male from Grafton County who had contact with an individual with a confirmed coronavirus infection at a West Lebanon church last weekend, according to a press release from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. The church, Hope Bible Fellowship, has cancelled services and is advising people who attended services on Sunday, March 1, to stay home and avoid contact with others for 14 days.

The second presumed positive case announced Saturday is an adult male from Rockingham County who recently traveled to Italy.

Both individuals reported symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and underwent testing at public health laboratories on Saturday. Specimens from both patients will be sent to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control for confirmatory testing, the state said.

The state health department is trying to identify and notify others who may have been in close contact with either patient. Both patients have been isolated at home and are being monitored, the state said.

State health officials will hold a press conference in Concord Sunday morning on the new cases. If confirmed, the new cases would bring to four the number of coronavirus infections in New Hampshire. Vermont health officials announced that state's first case of COVID-19 Saturday evening.

Update on Friday, March 6 at 9:45 p.m.

Dartmouth College has suspended all of its spring term international programs, including study abroad programs, exchange programs, and Dartmouth-supported internships and fellowships for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students. The move will affect roughly 100 students, the college said.

What are your questions (or concerns) about coronavirus in New Hampshire? We want to hear from you - click this link to take our brief survey.

In a message to the Dartmouth community Friday, Provost Joseph Helble said the college considered a number of factors in making this decision, including increasing travel uncertainty, risks to community health, federal and state guidance, and “concern for homestay families with vulnerable members in the home.” Undergraduate students in “credit-bearing programs” affected by the cancellations will be able to access a $5,000 cash grant from the college.

Click here for more cononavirus coverage from NPR and NHPR.

That money can be used for independent research, internships, alternative education opportunities or alternative off-campus housing for the spring. To access the money, students will need to fill out an online form by March 20.

Dartmouth says the form will be available by March 10. Dartmouth is also offering online courses for affected students for the spring term, which starts March 30. Students who are already in overseas programs can remain if they choose, but no new programs will start, the college said.

Click here for FAQs: What You Need To Know About Coronavirus In New Hampshire

Update on Friday, March 6 at 4:40 p.m.

State public health officials say they have received additional testing kits from the CDC. The newly arrived test kits allow the state to test an additional 200 people.

But officials have not said what the state’s total testing capacity is at the moment. As of 9 a.m. Friday, the state said it has tested a total of 25 people, with 20 tests coming back negative, 3 pending, and 2 positive results.

Volunteers with the Metropolitan Medical Response System helped the state conduct COVID-19 tests at the Lebanon Airport Thursday afternoon. Samples were taken from three people in a setting where they were able to remain inside their car while the sample was taken.

In a Facebook Live video on Friday, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center CEO Joanne Conroy acknowledged the frustration of many in addressing the fact that the first patient to contract COVID-19 in New Hampshire, a DHMC employee, disregarded a request to self-quarantine.

“I’d like to start with a recognition that this employee was directed by Dartmouth-Hitchcock to self-quarantine and did not comply. We fully understand this causes great concern,” said Conroy.

“This concern exists both inside and outside our organization. We will not provide any additional details around this employee or any other patients. It’s the law and we comply with it.”

Ahead of next Tuesday’s municipal elections in Lebanon, home to DHMC, city officials are taking precautions to prevent the potential spread of the virus.

City Manager Shaun Mulholland said every voter will have access to hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes before entering the voting booth.

“If they wish to use it, they're not required to, but we'll have them there,” Mulholland said. “They can pull it out of the container and they can go in and wipe down their area and the pen that they're going to be using so we can reduce that risk.”

Mulholland said he wants city residents to know it is safe to come vote on Tuesday.

Yeah sitting on my hands what I have to say about that guy.

Sounds like someone who could also return with a gun one day and shoot the whole place up.

Again, healthcare workers are a big concern, elderly family are a big concern, and idiots like this are a big concern. We are going to be seeing a lot of this, I’m afraid, Idiots.
On tv even. JMO

Since we're moving into allergy season I wonder if we should check our temperature daily now in order to get an idea of what our normal is. We aren't all 98.6 normally. Then if we have symptoms that could be from allergies or COVID-19, we'd be in a better position to know how much our temp is fluctuating from our true normal.

98.6 Degrees Isn't the Average Body Temperature Anymore

I never get a temperature and I have had one cold since I quit smoking in June of 2012. I'm in the 97 degree range as my normal temp and have been for years. Even around snotty nosed children, I transport special needs children too and from school, I still never get sick. I am due for my annual but am going to wait until this slows down a bit before entering any medical facility.

You may have a long wait. I don’t think the powers that be want testing done on a large scale for that very reason. Heaven forbid we should know what is actually going on. Making sure we don’t know is the same as lying IMO. It’s unbelievable to me that other countries got their act together to test and the U.S. can’t (or won’t). Trump let the cat out of the bag when he said he didn’t want the Grand Princess to come ashore because it would double our numbers and it isn’t our fault. It’s all about image. :mad:

Totally agree!!! Just like China, we only count those tested. No testing and the results remain low.

The federal government failed the US citizens and states are trapped having to provide medical care without adequate testing, limited hazmat equipment and a "NO mask" crisis.

I see the tide changing for our political leaders both state and federal. Elected officials are good at making promises and folks forget, this is different.... eventually everyone in the US will be "touched" directly or indirectly and folks are gonna be mad, ticked off and wanting retribution for loss loved ones.

Folks in America and worldwide are scared, if they are following the media. When the Surgeon's General tells me NOT to wear an N95mask, I question his ability to lead our healthcare decisions. Why doesn't he just say..we ain't got mask, no test kits and everyone needs to fend for themselves. I worked 40 plus years in healthcare and it is STANDARD Personal Protective Equipment. Japan has vending kiosk with N95 mask.

When the CDC fails with a test and won't use the WHO approved test, I question how these folks are keeping their jobs.

When the government and CDC puts stranded cruise ship citizens above communities in widespread out break, to provide testing, quarantine with meals and around the clock medical care and jet service to a faculty or hospital. I'm not happy!!!!

Something just ain't right about this whole situation.

IMOO

Regal Princess Drifting off Miami?

Yet another Princess ship that might have a case COVID-19. The ship was scheduled to dock in Port Everglades earlier this morning but is currently "drifting" near Miami. They hope to be given the all-clear and return to FLL by noon.

Royal Princess discussion: Royal Princess Update
TY, just great another ship full of 'exposed cruisers'.
Shame, VP couldn't greet them yesterday, that's
right where he was, Port Everglades.
He was boosting up the poor cruise ship owners.

Dozens of Fort Myers hospital workers at risk after coronavirus patient dies

hospital workers - docs and nurses at risk after two patients died of Coronavirus- this is at Lee County ( Gulf Coast Hospital) in South Fort Myers. So let me ask this question: doesn't the public have a right to know who has been exposed to these two people?
I don't understand the lack of transparency: i understand not wanting to cause a panic but people should know, for example, if they were exposed on an airplane or at the airport, or anywhere else these two people were- am I wrong?

Mexico plays down chance that Grand Princess spread coronavirus, but questions multiply

From the end of the article:
Her friend, Elva Rizzie, also from Oxnard, however, seemed less than pleased to be talking about it.

“I don’t want to hear it,” she said. “Go away.”

It just seems to me a good part of our populance thinks we as Americans are somehow different and exceptional from the rest of the world, that our govt and our systems will just take care of it. And our govt apparently thinks the WHO are not worthy of being listened to...completely disgusted at times with being an American these days.

Frankly, most Americans had good reason to feel “exceptional “ in that sense. Our government and systems did take care of things as went along our merry ways. Our government has been systematically dismantled over the past few years, replacing experts with folks who will bow down to our leader.
Never in my life did I think I would have to question the CDC because of WH interferes... but here we are.

98.6 Degrees Isn't the Average Body Temperature Anymore

I never get a temperature and I have had one cold since I quit smoking in June of 2012. I'm in the 97 degree range as my normal temp and have been for years. Even around snotty nosed children, I transport special needs children too and from school, I still never get sick. I am due for my annual but am going to wait until this slows down a bit before entering any medical facility.

If my temperature is 98.6, I have a mild fever. My normal body temperature is in the mid-97 range. Haven't had many fevers in my 70 years, but when my temperature is even slightly elevated, I know it!

Coronavirus news and live updates: Outbreak continues to spread - CNN
Updated 1:24 p.m. ET, March 8, 2020 rbbm.
What we're covering here

• The latest numbers: The novel coronavirus has killed more than 3,500 people, and infected over 105,000, according to CNN's tally -- the majority in mainland China.
  • China hotel collapse: Search and rescue efforts are continuing after a hotel that was used as a coronavirus quarantine center collapsed in Quanzhou, China. Ten people have died and 23 are still unaccounted for.
  • Italy lockdown: Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte signed a decree which will put most of the country's north under lockdown due to coronavirus.''
''Iraq’s Health Ministry announced one new coronavirus case today. This brings the country’s total number of confirmed cases to 55.

The Health Ministry said that two more people died of the coronavirus in Iraq, bringing the total death toll to six.''

''The first case of the novel coronavirus in the Memphis area was announced today by Shelby County Mayor Lee Harris. This is the second case confirmed in Tennessee.

Shelby County Health Department officials said the individual "traveled out of state recently," but would not provide additional details.''

''The United Kingdom has recorded 67 new coronavirus cases, bringing its total to 273.

The figures were released by the UK’s Department of Health and Social Care and are current as of 9 a.m. local time (5 a.m. ET) Sunday.

Two people in the UK have died from the virus.''

''There are 470 cases of the novel coronavirus in the United States, according to the state and local health agencies, governments and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

According to the CDC there are 49 cases from repatriated citizens from Wuhan (3) and the Diamond Princess (46). Twenty-one cases are from the Grand Princess.''

Totally agree!!! Just like China, we only count those tested. No testing and the results remain low.

The federal government failed the US citizens and states are trapped having to provide medical care without adequate testing, limited hazmat equipment and a "NO mask" crisis.

I see the tide changing for our political leaders both state and federal. Elected officials are good at making promises and folks forget, this is different.... eventually everyone in the US will be "touched" directly or indirectly and folks are gonna be mad, ticked off and wanting retribution for loss loved ones.

Folks in America and worldwide are scared, if they are following the media. When the Surgeon's General tells me NOT to wear an N95mask, I question his ability to lead our healthcare decisions. Why doesn't he just say..we ain't got mask, no test kits and everyone needs to fend for themselves. I worked 40 plus years in healthcare and it is STANDARD Personal Protective Equipment. Japan has vending kiosk with N95 mask.

When the CDC fails with a test and won't use the WHO approved test, I question how these folks are keeping their jobs.

When the government and CDC puts stranded cruise ship citizens above communities in widespread out break, to provide testing, quarantine with meals and around the clock medical care and jet service to a faculty or hospital. I'm not happy!!!!

Something just ain't right about this whole situation.

IMOO

I am absolutely with you on the cruise ships...you bought it, you chose to take the risk and now you want the rest of us to bring you back home and strain our medical services even more? Where is all that personal responsibility people like to expound on...

Frankly, most Americans had good reason to feel “exceptional “ in that sense. Our government and systems did take care of things as went along our merry ways. Our government has been systematically dismantled over the past few years, replacing experts with folks who will bow down to our leader.
Never in my life did I think I would have to question the CDC because of WH interferes... but here we are.

I agree- i think they are afraid of getting fired- pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove