Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always use the paper butt gaskets at work. I’m not taking any chances of catching it from the toilet seat, hopefully anyway.

ETA: I don’t like the thought of it lurking in the toilet though. Maybe it’s time for diapers at work LOL

I think it's pretty obvious wearing masks in public would help (despite what authorities have been claiming). First of all, authorities admit that it at the very least helps when infected person is wearing a mask since their cough is contained within the mask, at least for the most parts. Since people don't know if they are infected or not, wearing a mask would obviously prevent spreading. But we don't have nowhere near enough masks.

I currently have terrible bronchitis, no fever though. I work from home full time for a major tech company so luckily not around people much. We were supposed to be getting a house guest from WA this week. We asked them to reschedule and we’d pay any fees etc. I feel bad for having to do this but it seemed like the right thing to do.

ULAANBATAAR, March 10 (Reuters) - Mongolia said on Tuesday that a French national working in the country has been confirmed to be infected with the coronavirus that has spread throughout the globe, marking the country's first case.

Reuters: The National Emergency Commission said in a statement the individual travelled to Mongolia from France and transited through Moscow. The government has identified 42 people the patient has met with and another 142 individuals who had close contact with the person.

Vincent Lee on Twitter

These may be stupid questions but here goes anyway.. if the virus is active for up to 5 days on materials can it be transferred to your clothing and then into your vehicle or home much like dog dander or cat hair ? Transferred on the mail ? If it is active in the air for up to 30 minutes after someone sneezes how effective is hand washing ? If the virus is in air droplets after someone sneezes and the droplets fall on fabric is the virus active for 5 days or for 30 minutes ? TIA

President Trump’s incoming Chief of Staff, Congresman Mark Meadows, is doing a self-quarantine after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for Covid-19 at CPAC. He’ll be out until Wednesday per his office.

Yashar Ali on Twitter

You couldn’t try to write this stuff if you tried.

Perfect evidence that truth is stranger than fiction.

Yes! Finally we see it being done correctly. Turning a patient face down was discussed by Dr. Sh.... early on, and in some scientific journals I've read. No steroids, face down turning.

In the documentary “Pandemic,” the pulmonologist in India did this with a patient very ill with flu. He said that if turning him face down didn’t help, the patient was likely terminal. I had never heard of this before. Fortunately, it worked and the man was able to go home and attend his son’s wedding.

Last edited:
Clemson, SC

Officials said that the person is not a student and is currently self-quarantining at an off-campus residence Clemson health officials monitoring possible case of Coronavirus

Thank you Henry2326!
I have a daughter that lives in Clemson. We just spoke this afternoon and she said that the town had plenty of hand sanitizer and toilet paper. She just told me when she saw this news she better go get some,
This is all so surreal. Glad I have followed you posters here, this has been such valuable discussions and linked information.
JMO

Illinois governor just declared disaster proclamation (state of emergency). Interesting timing as our little family of 5 is supposed to be leaving this Thursday for our first-ever trip to Chicago. Eeeek. I'll be waiting and watching before making a, probably last-minute, decision.

Illinois Declares Disaster Proclamation Over Coronavirus Outbreak

Wow what a loss of humanity.
What indignity.

I'm so sad that people in fear will resort to this.
How did you make that other human being feel, I wonder.
I'm very sorry for him and you that you had this type of exchange.
You should be careful of this behaviour in the future lest someone physically harm you because of your reaction.

It would amount to assault. We don’t want people getting arrested or harming others out of fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot