Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETAA: Duck egg creme brûlée is my own concoction, just substituting duck eggs and so much better.

Just the mere mention of creme brulee and I melt.
My kryptonite.

I currently have terrible bronchitis, no fever though. I work from home full time for a major tech company so luckily not around people much. We were supposed to be getting a house guest from WA this week. We asked them to reschedule and we’d pay any fees etc. I feel bad for having to do this but it seemed like the right thing to do.

Don't feel bad, mrstfs. Just focus on getting rid of that bronchitis, lingering bronchitis sucks.

Last edited:
I think we’ve all been exposed. Each time a state reports “first CV19 patient”, I wonder, how do they know if the patient is the first. How many people are walking around with mild cold symptoms (they think) and in actuality they are spreading CV19? I think a lot. Idk very many people that see a doctor for cold symptoms. Jmo

"Hit game shows Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune will temporarily nix audiences as a protective measure against the spread of coronavirus, a report said.

The two shows will start filming without the live audiences on Tuesday, sources told TMZ."

https://nypost.com/2020/03/09/jeopardy-and-wheel-of-fortune-to-begin-audience-ban-over-coronavirus/
Watching Jeopardy tonight I thought Alex Trebec sounded like he had a cold. But tonight’s episode would have been filmed way earlier, so likely just a cold. He is very much at risk.

So regarding Santa Clara County schools:

I got an email from our Superintendent today. Public schools here will not be closing at this time. But many extracurricular events will be cancelled, and field trips, and college fairs, and prom. It did not address after school sports. Parents/other adults are not allowed to visit campuses.

The email said there are no options for online or remote instruction because they “do not have the capability”.... ah hem.... pay no attention to the fact Google and Facebook and Apple are here. Right. Ok then.

Email said the reason they are not closing schools is because the virus only causes mild symptoms in children under 18. So.... yeah. That’s interesting logic.

Between this and Dr Cody I don’t feel super confident in the leadership I’ve given my health over to.

12 Presumptive Positive Cases, 1 'Indeterminate' Case Announced In Colorado Monday
March 9, 2020 at 8:36 pm

“This is in addition to the Monday morning case of COVID-19 in Larimer County.”

—-

COVID-19 UPDATE: The CDPHE state lab identified a total of two new presumptive positive cases, based on 21 tests completed between 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.

Additionally, there was one case that resulted in two separate indeterminate results.http://ow.ly/lXP850yHeL0

—-

New ‘presumptive positive’ coronavirus cases reported in Denver, Eagle counties

—-

Larimer County woman has Colorado’s 9th case of coronavirus

BBM:
“The state lab identified the case in overnight testing, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.”

“The woman has been diagnosed with pneumonia.”

—-

Pearl Jam postpones North American tour, including Denver concert, amid coronavirus outbreak
1 hour ago

“Pearl Jam was scheduled to play at the Pepsi Center on April 9 as part of its Gigaton Tour.”

Last edited:
I think we’ve all been exposed. Each time a state reports “first CV19 patient”, I wonder, how do they know if the patient is the first. How many people are walking around with mild cold symptoms (they think) and in actuality they are spreading CV19? I think a lot. Idk very many people that see a doctor for cold symptoms. Jmo
It should be first known CV19 patient. Probably lots of people are walking around and don't know they have it. And US is barely testing. Thus allowing it to spread everywhere.

I currently have terrible bronchitis, no fever though. I work from home full time for a major tech company so luckily not around people much. We were supposed to be getting a house guest from WA this week. We asked them to reschedule and we’d pay any fees etc. I feel bad for having to do this but it seemed like the right thing to do.
It sounds like your doing the right thing to me too. Please keep us updated on your health! I hope you start to feel better soon!

#ournewreality ..... 100%

JMO

The Queen Mary BioEnterprises Innovation Centre in London is looking for 24 volunteers to inject with coronavirus and participate in their flu camp.

They will be paid about $4,588 for their troubles.

It’s an attempt by medical research and development company Hvivo to create a vaccine.

The human guinea pigs — who will receive a battery of tests before being selected — will be given two of the virus’ weaker strains, 0C43 and 229E, which should cause mild respiratory symptoms. They will then be given new or existing vaccines.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...u-get-infected-with-coronavirus-for-4500/amp/

My little mother told me if she didn’t have a family she would absolutely volunteer to be a guinea pig.

"Hit game shows Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune will temporarily nix audiences as a protective measure against the spread of coronavirus, a report said.

The two shows will start filming without the live audiences on Tuesday, sources told TMZ."

https://nypost.com/2020/03/09/jeopardy-and-wheel-of-fortune-to-begin-audience-ban-over-coronavirus/
They give away so much $$$ (gotta keep it clean) Everyone has to touch the wheel and that stylus on Jeopardy!
(*_*)No one likes a cootie queen!
Lol
Moo

If you don't want to go to the stores, before ordering online, please check with the stores close to you to see if they will deliver. That way you can still support your local businesses. Our local pet store is happy to deliver food, litter, etc. and maybe yours is too.

jmo

Wow. Please look for Jason Van Schoor’s twitter account. I can’t link here. But it’s more in depth than other doctor’s accounts of what’s happening in Italy, I think.
That sounds absolutely horrifying, but Italy reportedly only has 9,000 cases. Are their hospitals really have such small capacity that they are not even treating a lot of these patients?

Jackpot link off to read and post
/ will update as etas
The Denver Post – Colorado breaking news, sports, business, weather, entertainment.

-/

Vail Resorts sees visits, stock drop because of coronavirus worries

—-

Colorado's coronavirus tally: 184 people tested to date, 11 COVID-19 cases identified

“As the number of coronavirus cases in Colorado rose to 12 on Monday, state health officials said they’ve now tested 184 people for the highly infectious COVID-19 respiratory disease that’s sweeping the globe.”
-much more at link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member