Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking all day about this post from What-If. Don't think its all that crazy. What better way to introduce a lab pathogen than with the ideas proposed. Then combine that with a serious effort to distract from a lab possibility and it begins to sound possible. Imagine you slip it into an environment with typical flu, it takes a month to ramp up, and it begins attacking the very core of a society, the healthcare community. They didn't intend for it to attack their own country. IMO....

I've been thinking all day about this post from What-If. Don't think its all that crazy. What better way to introduce a lab pathogen than with the ideas proposed. Then combine that with a serious effort to distract from a lab possibility and it begins to sound possible. Imagine you slip it into an environment with typical flu, it takes a month to ramp up, and it begins attacking the very core of a society, the healthcare community. They didn't intend for it to attack their own country. IMO....
I’ve been thinking (again) about the way this virus spreads. IMO, there still seems to be an anomaly.
I mentioned upthread that it almost seems to “percolate” before switching into high gear.
Somewhere way upthread, someone had posted a thought regarding the young doctors that have died from this virus in China while providing care to the infected. That poster wondered if the fact that they were around so much of the virus that it made it more lethal.

So here’s what I’m wondering about this morning....

What if this virus relies on “quantity & accumulation”
to progress?

So, the way we are used to viruses working is - we get infected with a virus (the flu for example), once infected, the virus multiplies and runs its course. Once it starts, it doesn’t matter if you isolate yourself or if you attend large social outings, or if your in a house full of other individuals that also have the flu - the course of the virus is already set in motion and will do its thing.

What if this one operates differently? Hopefully I can explain without creating confusion.

Hypothetically, let’s say one person acquires COVID-19. The virus enters the lungs and takes hold, but either the virus only replicates x number of times, or the replication process is very slow. So basically, the person will stay asymptomatic for quite sometime, and initial symptoms, when they do occur, will be mild.
However, the infected person is still contagious. That person then infects 3 more people in the household. Now there are 4 people shredding active virus into the air. IF the virus acts more like spores, then the virus would advance through accumulation- acting more like a toxin rather a normal virus.

IF the spread and virility of the virus is dependent upon accumulation, it would explain some of what we’ve seen thus far.
The virus would basically be spreading without being noticed until the air gets saturated to the point that there’s enough viral “spores” to advance the virus enough for individuals to start showing symptoms. Or a longer exposure time to less saturated air would ultimately lead to the same.
Extended time in a saturated environment would increase the spread of the virus within an individual, which could be the contributing factor to the deaths of these younger doctors in Wuhan.
It would also mean that by the time the virus is confirmed in someone that can’t be traced to an originating source, then that area is already heavily saturated with asymptomatic individuals in the general population. It would also mean the more condensed a population, the worse the outcome. (ie, the Diamond Princess)

Yep - sounds a bit on the crazy side (lol, no need to point that out!), but I’m throwing the idea out there since it appears this virus has a bad habit of breaking the rules of “viral behavior”

MOO & just some food for thought since this thread moves so slowly...:rolleyes: (closest emoji for sarcasm)

Apparently a rumour they are trying to shut down..
Virology institute has a 'clear conscience' - Chinadaily.com.cn
Feb 21 2020 rbbm.
''Established in 1956, the institute, which is the top virology research agency in China and home to Asia's highest-level biosafety lab, has been besieged by rumors and controversies since the outbreak. These rumors included the virus being artificially engineered or leaked from the institute's P4 biosecurity lab.

They also attacked the institute's leaders and its staff, claiming the first patient of the virus was one of its graduate students and questioning the competence of its director.''

''On Monday, Chen Quanjiao, a researcher from the institute, refuted a conspiracy theory posted by Sina Weibo user "Weiketiezhi" who claimed that Chen had reported the head of the institute Wang Yanyi for selling experimental animals and leaking the virus from a lab.''

Deny, deny, deny. If caught or acknowledging this, means certain prision for the perp.
I, unfortunately, believe it to be true.

I think the allowing of large gatherings is just plain stupid. Whoever that spoke hole is, needs to get educated, or, not be in charge. IMO

I think that anyone who was involved in this would have suffered a mysterious accident or sudden heart attack and not be available for any verification.

This would be so devastating to China's reputation in the world that offing a handful of obscure scientists wouldn't be much of a problem.

“Classified”? Hmmm, sounds interesting.

BBM
US senators will be briefed tomorrow on coronavirus

From CNN's Manu Raju

All US senators will be briefed Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. in a classified setting on the novel coronavirus, two sources with knowledge of the plans tell CNN.

One source said that the briefing will be in a classified setting because the senators who are organizing it wanted to be prepared in case a senator asks a question that can only be answered in a classified setting.

There will be briefers from the Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institutes of Health and the State Department, one source added.

Today, I decided to disinfect my work area with Clorox wipes. And where clients sit. I diligently cleaned and disinfected the entire area.

Oh oh! The last client at my desk was Asian! I didn't do it because he was Asian...it was just an opportunity. No one said anything, but I was afraid of being accused of racism.

Geez, this whole thing is a bunch of land mines!

BBM
US senators will be briefed tomorrow on coronavirus

From CNN's Manu Raju

All US senators will be briefed Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. in a classified setting on the novel coronavirus, two sources with knowledge of the plans tell CNN.

One source said that the briefing will be in a classified setting because the senators who are organizing it wanted to be prepared in case a senator asks a question that can only be answered in a classified setting.

There will be briefers from the Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institutes of Health and the State Department, one source added.
Well, that makes me feel a lot safer ........moo

South Korean authorities disinfected a traditional market in Seoul, spraying shops and roads as part of coronavirus prevention efforts. The government has raised its infectious disease alert to its highest level. ABC News ABC News on Twitter
ABC News on Twitter

Video at link
The sprayers have on suits, spraying around shoppers and food.
Probably too little, too late....

Still waiting on update.....but found this in the meantime.......

COSTA MESA (CBSLA) – The federal government has called the city of Costa Mesa’s attempt to block the transfer of coronavirus patients to the city “ill-informed and legally baseless.”

Documents filed Sunday by the federal government, including the CDC and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, urge the court to lift the temporary injunction in place that is stopping the transfer of up to 50 confirmed coronavirus patients from Travis Air Force Base near Sacramento to Costa Mesa’s Fairview Developmental Center.

Plaintiffs’ ill-informed and legally baseless application endangers the safety and well-being of the American people. Plaintiffs ask this Court to substitute unfounded speculation for the expertise of federal and state public-health authorities,” the documents state. “Public health experts at all levels of federal and state government need to spend their time and efforts addressing the COVID-19 outbreak and protecting the health and safety of our communities. Plaintiffs’ efforts have only increased the likelihood of the threats to public health that they seek to avoid.”

On Friday, the city of Costa Mesa filed a request for a temporary restraining order to block the transfer, stating that the federal government planned to transfer the patients this weekend but did not inform city officials until late Thursday night.

Officials said the patients are California residents and may be coming from the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan from which more than 300 U.S. citizens were removed on Feb. 17.

'Ill-Informed And Legally Baseless': Federal Government Urges Court To Lift Injunction On Transfer Of Coronavirus Patients To Costa Mesa

Judge Extends Temporary Order To Block Plan To Move Coronavirus Patients To OC Facility – CBS Los Angeles

A federal judge Monday blocked for another week an effort by the United States government to move as many as 50 coronavirus patients to the former Fairview Developmental Center in Costa Mesa.
Hmmmm.....didn't know this, but not surprised since it's the strategy of the 11 locations....

The move comes after U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement Sunday night that Naval Base Ventura County Point Mugu may receive American travelers coming through LAX who would be quarantined to be monitored for symptoms of coronavirus.

Ummm. I picture a firing squad, televised live. To teach the peasants a lesson.

I think that anyone who was involved in this would have suffered a mysterious accident or sudden heart attack and not be available for any verification.

This would be so devastating to China's reputation in the world that offing a handful of obscure scientists wouldn't be much of a problem.

Japan stocks plunge around 4%

Japan's Nikkei 225 plunged 3.97% in early trade as it returned from a holiday, following a selloff in U.S. stocks overnight. The Topix index also declined 3.92%.

Shares in Australia also fell sharply, with the S&P/ASX 200 dropping 1.75%, after declining 2% earlier.

Dow plunges 1,000 points on outbreak fears, worst day in two years

Coronavirus live updates: China reports 508 new cases, 71 additional deaths

China's National Health Commission reported 508 new confirmed cases and 71 new deaths, as of Feb. 24.

In Hubei, the epicenter of the outbreak, there were 499 new cases, and 68 additional deaths as of Feb. 24.

That bring's the country's total to 77,658 confirmed cases, and 2,663 deaths.

Last edited:
o_OI have a anaphylactic type disorder that includes sensitivity to chemicals, so if the virus doesn’t get me the sanitizers wipes and sprays probably will! lol
Now that this “epidemic” is worldwide I’m amazed no other cruise ships have been affected. How is this so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks