Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coronavirus sweeping the planet could be the 'Disease X' which experts have warned about, according to a World Health Organization representative.
The name is given to a future, mysterious pathogen which could break out among humans and wreak havoc across the world.
Dr Marion Koopmans, a virologist for the WHO, said: 'Whether it will be contained or not, this outbreak is rapidly becoming the first true pandemic challenge that fits the disease X category, listed to the WHO's priority list of diseases for which we need to prepare in our current globalized society.'

Coronavirus is 'rapidly' fitting into the Disease X category, World Health Organization expert warns | Daily Mail Online

The coronavirus sweeping the planet could be the 'Disease X' which experts have warned about, according to a World Health Organization representative.
The name is given to a future, mysterious pathogen which could break out among humans and wreak havoc across the world.
Dr Marion Koopmans, a virologist for the WHO, said: 'Whether it will be contained or not, this outbreak is rapidly becoming the first true pandemic challenge that fits the disease X category, listed to the WHO's priority list of diseases for which we need to prepare in our current globalized society.'

Coronavirus is 'rapidly' fitting into the Disease X category, World Health Organization expert warns | Daily Mail Online

Well, if it isn't "Disease X", at least they're getting some practice. (Not intended to be flip towards those who have already gone before. RIP.)

I’m living in a city in Friuli Venezia Giulia. They have shut down all activities, schools, religious and movie theaters. Fun activity And Sports till Monday. I'm worried it might be longer if more people get affected. My city seems normal except with no tourist. Parents are very all over the place. We had been traveling last week and arrived in Venice Saturday evening. It really is a uncomfortable feeling when it's in your back yard. Thanks for all the updates.

This is quickly intensifying:

Italy hunts for coronavirus superspreader as 'seventh person dies' of COVID-19

Coronavirus: Italy hunts for coronavirus superspreader as 'seventh person dies' of COVID-19

There have been five confirmed deaths over the past two days from COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, the latest of whom was 88 years old and from the northern Lombardy region.

The reported sixth and seventh victims have not been confirmed by the Italian authorities.

I’m living in a city in Friuli Venezia Giulia. They have shut down all activities, schools, religious and movie theaters. Fun activity And Sports till Monday. I'm worried it might be longer if more people get affected. My city seems normal except with no tourist. Parents are very all over the place. We had been traveling last week and arrived in Venice Saturday evening. It really is a uncomfortable feeling when it's in your back yard. Thanks for all the updates.
Thanks so much for your local reporting.

What are you doing personally? Do you wear masks? Can you go out to buy food and things in shops or go to restaurants?

We hope the best for you. Keep us informed.....

I heard we have 14 in quarantine. I also heard about 30 minutes from me that a man in Monfalcone Was diagnosed but haven't heard anything in the news. A lot of rumours are going around. My son's girlfriend told him that they closed the Slovenia border. Not true that I know of. Croatia is doing stops and checking on people. In Croatia you have to stop and show passport but not in Slovenia. Due to the EU.

I went out earlier to buy food. Trying to get it to last a few days. Everyone seems normal. I saw restaurants were open.

It's just so weird. We left and things were normal and return one week later and this is all happening.

The Dow has lost all of its 2020 gains

US stock markets opened moments ago and the Dow plunged almost 1,000 points as coronavirus fears mount.

The Dow has now lost more than 1,400 points in the span of the three trading days. That sharp drop wiped out the Dow’s gains for the year — leaving the index slightly negative for 2020.

The S&P 500 and Nasdaq are both down this morning, but remain positive on the year.

Coronavirus news and live updates: Cases surge in Italy, Iran, South Korea - CNN

This is quickly intensifying:

Italy hunts for coronavirus superspreader as 'seventh person dies' of COVID-19

Coronavirus: Italy hunts for coronavirus superspreader as 'seventh person dies' of COVID-19

There have been five confirmed deaths over the past two days from COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, the latest of whom was 88 years old and from the northern Lombardy region.

The reported sixth and seventh victims have not been confirmed by the Italian authorities.

Here are the numbers in the last couple of days. Italy numbers are jumping fast :

Today

upload_2020-2-24_7-55-1.png

Feb 23, 22 side by side

upload_2020-2-24_7-53-38.png

Reed Lab on Twitter has indicated a greater than 30% CFR for those over 60.

Has anyone seen anything else to substantiate these numbers?

I can post a link to the twitter thread but I know twitter is largely considered a suspect “news source,” although I feel I’ve learned a lot by being selective about who I follow.

Reed Lab on Twitter has indicated a greater than 30% CFR for those over 60.

Has anyone seen anything else to substantiate these numbers?

I can post a link to the twitter thread but I know twitter is largely considered a suspect “news source,” although I feel I’ve learned a lot by being selective about who I follow.

Well if it's 30% CFR for all those over 60, can you imagine what is it for those over 80? Must be more than 50%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia