Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneyland, Ca. plans to stay open, but have instructed its cast members to wash their hands often. There are very few events that rise to the level of closing Disneyland. I think the only time was on 9/11.
IMO this rises to the level of closing. Disney can tell employees to wash hands, but what about visitors spreading the virus. CLOSE 'R DOWN!

If the test ever becomes widely available for anyone wanting to be tested, I think a hell will break loose. I think there will be so many negative results (some false negatives) that people will get careless and go back to pre novel C life. Again, get tested today...negative, but on,y because you are in incubation, that is going to be a huge problem, I believe.

It slows down the transmission rate. This is important so that fewer people are in contact with the virus at any one time. Management of serious cases depends upon the rate that the virus goes through the population. If it can be dragged out longer, with fewer people sick or potentially sick at one time, then everyone can be treated as needed over a longer period.

If you have huge crowds exposed to the virus, and potentially all coming down with health issues at once, then that puts an unmanageable strain on the health care resources which would need to treat more people than what they have the infrastructure to handle.
Right. I totally get that decreasing crowd size reduces spread. But 250 is arbitrary- and meanwhile events for my children with 200 people for example are continuing along. The advice from many is to limit one’s exposure to groups much smaller than 250. My county, Santa Clara County, has suggested (not mandated and they are being mealy-mouthed about it, but still), 50 people.

Trump explains why travel from the UK hasn't been restricted

“One of the reasons UK basically has been (excluded from the restrictions is) it’s got the border. It’s got very strong borders and they’re doing a very good job,” Trump said during an Oval Office meeting with Ireland’s Leo Varadkar.

“They don’t have very much infection at this point and hopefully they’ll keep it that way,” he added.

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN
Biggest daily rise as UK virus cases reach 460

Trump explains why travel from the UK hasn't been restricted

“One of the reasons UK basically has been (excluded from the restrictions is) it’s got the border. It’s got very strong borders and they’re doing a very good job,” Trump said during an Oval Office meeting with Ireland’s Leo Varadkar.

“They don’t have very much infection at this point and hopefully they’ll keep it that way,” he added.

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN
Biggest daily rise as UK virus cases reach 460

Broadway coronavirus: Usher for 2 shows tests positive for virus - CNN

(CNN)A part-time employee of two New York City theater groups who recently worked at Broadway shows has tested positive for coronavirus.

The employee — an usher who works for both the Shubert and Nederlander Organizations — is currently under quarantine, according to a statement from the companies.
The individual most recently worked at Shubert's Booth Theatre Tuesday through Friday of last week during performances of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf."
The person also worked at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre on Feb. 25 and March 1 when it was showing the musical "SIX." The Brooks Atkinson Theatre has been deep cleaned, according to the statement, provided by DKC/O&M public relations.
Reply to self to show response: Shows are currently going on and offering discounted tickets to encourage attendance.

""The measures Broadway is taking are insufficient to save people from catching the coronavirus, Vincent Racaniello, a professor of microbiology at Columbia University, told BuzzFeed News.

"There is no question that Broadway shows should be closed," Racaniello said. "Any large gatherings of people, especially here in NYC where we know the virus is circulating, need to stop."

The reason for drastic measures, like fully shutting down shows, is not because "the virus is particularly lethal," he added.

"The problem is that if 1% of infected people need hospitalization, then we will rapidly overwhelm the health care system here in the city, which has limited capacity," he said.""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14