Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People with a persistent cough or fever told to self-isolate for 7 days from tomorrow, UK prime minister says People with fever or cough told to self-isolate
Here's a scary thought. Last week my daughter went to student health for an unrelated problem. While there they discovered she was running a temp and had the flu. Thankfully it was just the flu. She had NO clue. She would have never known. She was advised to stay home for the next 3-5 days and as luck would have it Spring Break started this week anyway. I'm wondering how often this is happening with others. Sometimes you just don't feel that bad to think it's anything serious.

The UK government has updated its coronavirus advice, following the latest emergency meeting of ministers and their advisers this afternoon. Here are the key points.
  • if you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
  • this action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious.
  • plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home.
  • ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home.
  • stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible.
  • sleep alone, if that is possible.
  • wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
  • stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible.
  • you do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.

Coronavirus live updates: death toll in Italy passes 1,000

Right. I totally get that decreasing crowd size reduces spread. But 250 is arbitrary- and meanwhile events for my children with 200 people for example are continuing along. The advice from many is to limit one’s exposure to groups much smaller than 250. My county, Santa Clara County, has suggested (not mandated and they are being mealy-mouthed about it, but still), 50 people.
Idk why anyone would attend any social functions. I could not enjoy myself, not with strangers around. In my own home, my circle, I feel okay about socializing.
I guess if everyone washed their hands 260 is “presumed safe”. But 251 is not, despite clean hands?

Minnesota's COVID-19 case count now up to 9 patients

Testing has now identified nine cases of COVID-19 in Minnesota — with Hennepin, Dakota and Stearns counties now having their first cases.

The case count was reported Thursday afternoon by the Minnesota Department of Health on its COVID-19 web page. The results are based on tests so far of 316 patients.

Jet Blu passenger learns mid-flight of positive test. Plane on tarmac WITH PASSENGERS for two hours.

What is wrong with our society?
I ask myself this all day long. Especially when in a public restroom & I notice how many women do not wash their hands or their children’s hands. Then they are right back in the store touching shelved items. Makes me sick!

While I sympathize with vulnerable nations the truth is we have a huge contingent of vulnerable people in the US. I have a serious problem with promising more effort elsewhere when we do nothing to ensure American citizens can get medical care and then won't lose their homes if they get the outrageously priced healthcare.

The ACA provides me insurance. I have to jump through so many darn hoops. They are now threatening to drop my paid for coverage if I don't prove something stupid. But there are millions of us with horrible healthcare who can't afford their deductible. I went with the tiny deductible this year. Awesome. But the best I could get is 80/20. I hope we don't get sick and then lose our home because we can't afford the astronomical bill.

On the other hand it sounds more likely I'd just die in the hospital waiting for critical care that's not available. THEN the hospital could sue my husband and we'd lose our home. Gotta love American healthcare.

I'm still angry about the post this morning regarding the couple that flew from New York to Palm Beach and notified the airline that the male had coronavirus upon landing. They were held up on the tarmac for one hour and 45 minutes due to him. To arrogantly place everyone on the flight at risk is beyond words. And his wife knew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773