Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not trust the case numbers for SC - the first 2 cases were reported March 6th and the number of cases reported this morning is 12. The first positive case in South Carolina was announced Friday, March 6. These new cases make eight total in Kershaw County, two in Lancaster County, one in Charleston County and one in Spartanburg County. The Charleston case was announced 6 days ago, Spartanburg was 5 days ago, Kershaw cases began March 6th and Lancaster announced yesterday.

I do not trust the case numbers for SC - the first 2 cases were reported March 6th and the number of cases reported this morning is 12. The first positive case in South Carolina was announced Friday, March 6. These new cases make eight total in Kershaw County, two in Lancaster County, one in Charleston County and one in Spartanburg County. The Charleston case was announced 6 days ago, Spartanburg was 5 days ago, Kershaw cases began March 6th and Lancaster announced yesterday.
Agreed....I don't think they are testing. But they did release 3000 people off a cruise ship into Charleston last week. That should get things going (sarcasm)o_O:rolleyes::(:(

Trudeau speaks to Canadians on spread of COVID-19 | Special coverage
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is speaking to Canadians about the spread of COVID-19. Earlier today he warned Canadians against international travel and is considering tightening the border to some international travellers

I wonder where the US falls in his description of international travel. 10,000 people cross the Peace Bridge every day. I have no idea how many fly in daily from the US.

When the dispensaries close it’ll get interesting!

I went to one last Sunday, and they are still giving away free dabs. They asked if I wanted the free dab, and I said wha??? are you kidding? People are still putting their mouths where 100 other people did that day as well. No thanks. I'll take the free joint instead.

#US #VA #FCPS #FairfaxCounty schools closed but providing emergency grab & go lunches at no cost for students at 5 sites today & 3/16, from 11:30 to noon.
School-age students can come to any of sites to pick up a lunch
No cost to children
Adult lunches $2.
#CloseTheSchools

COVID19 on Twitter

I think it’s so irresponsible - people are going to think it’s like childhood vaccines instead of an active health threat. They’re not going to take it seriously. Herd immunity means we’re going to accept the 6% death rate among elderly and vulnerable populations - they are not going to survive.

IMO it’s one thing to accept something may happen but another for leaders to present it as their strategy!

Unfortunately, it is indeed a health strategy to have herd immunity in an epidemic/pandemic - that is why they are saying folks with most vulnerability to take measures above and beyond. We have no treatments/vacines to take out folks from the cycle, so we only have the option to take out folks because they get infected. Once control is lost in an area which may go wild/out of control, herd immunity will help. So those most vulnerable must must must bunker down during this period while it is wide spread. MOO It's the same as/part of decreasing rate of spread with NPI's (non pharmaceutical interventions) of which there are many. It is part of what was done in Wuhan, what is in process in South Korea. Someone upthread did a good video on affect of the curve if folks were taken out of the "potential folks that could be infected" (e.g. what is know well as to why have vaccines.. as it creates herd immunity) and the effect to the logarithmic curve.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member