Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As do many people. But the elderly, those with chronic conditions (40% of America) and those who care for the elderly are trying to stay out of grocery stores for the next couple weeks or any other populated place. They’re trying to hunker down to avoid the incubation period spread.

I am sure most ppl are doing that regardless of their situation.

Yes-- the places you wouldn't normally consider places for "stocking up" have been my recent go-tos. I bought six travel-size bottles of hand sanitizer today, at a local gift shop. They were branded with the name of the tourist attraction. So, think "small time" if you're looking for those hard-to-find items. IMO

I found 91% alcohol at the local convenience store, bottom shelf, yesterday. Huge bottles for 1.99. When I went to pay the lady said, I didn't even know we had that.

Thinking out of the box...its like a scavenger hunt at this point.

Ioo

Just heard from a relative in San Francisco, who lives next door to an ER doctor. His hospital is overwhelmed. Not enough respirators, no negative pressure rooms available.

I fear the big push this week to shut down everything may have been a week too late.

Kissing of the Blarney Stone banned for the first time in history | The Irish Post

One of Ireland's oldest tourist traditions, the Blarney Stone and the Castle which surrounds it has been around since the 13th Century, and people have been kissing it to gain the Gift of the Gab for almost as long.

But for the first time in history, the spread of the new virus has caused those in charge to make the decision to "postpone" the kissing "until further notice".

Blarney Castle & Gardens took to social media to release a statement confirming the news, where they said:

"For the first time in our history the kissing of the Blarney Stone has been postponed until further notice.

"The castle & gardens are still open and we would like to reassure all our visitors that we are doing everything possible to provide a safe experience."

This is a really useless message but someone asked on last page why no one can get tested in the UK. I read today they are only testing in the hospitals now in the UK as it's no longer beneficial for them to be testing in the community. But I can't find a link. But my take from that is if you have symptoms self isolate and if symptoms get worse get your *advertiser censored* to the hospital .

This is a really useless message but someone asked on last page why no one can get tested in the UK. I read today they are only testing in the hospitals now in the UK as it's no longer beneficial for them to be testing in the community. But I can't find a link. But my take from that is if you have symptoms self isolate and if symptoms get worse get your *advertiser censored* to the hospital .

It was part of the press release after the COBRA meeting yesterday. I think the link will be on the last thread. They said they’re only testing those who are hospitalised from now on.

edit- found a link but it’s the Sun and not sure if we can link to the Sun? Article from 14 hours ago ‘how to get tested for Coronavirus in the U.K.’

I'm really getting worried about elderly people who don't have the ability, whether it is physical or financial, to get supplies that they need. I don't personally know of anyone in my area that falls into that category, but I keep envisioning them, scared and alone, in their homes with no one to help them. How do we find these people if we don't know they are there?? I would be more than willing to help if I just knew who needed it.

SOUTH CAROLINA

UPDATE: S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control has confirmed an additional presumptive positive case of COVID-19 in Camden.
The announcement brings South Carolina’s case total to 13.

The Post and Courier on Twitter
SC officials identify 13th coronavirus case. Gov. McMaster issues state of emergency.

"We do not have widespread transmission in the state at this time. In Kershaw and Lancaster, where we've seen person to person transmission, those cases had close contact that occurred either household or other close contacts," said Dr. Linda Bell with DHEC #scnews
Live5News on Twitter

ITALY.....what a tragedy....

Dear colleagues,
I am sorry I must inform you of the death of the President of the Order of Doctors of the Province of Varese (Lombardy) and Director of the Lombard Training School in General Medicine, Dr.Roberto Stella, a family doctor, died this morning due to the Coronavirus

David SIMON on Twitter
Oh no!!! That's awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members