Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy has 60% with mild symptoms and 40% with much much more. Actually I read some info yesterday that the 80% notion doesnt hold in Hubei province. Unfortunately, millions of Americans have locked into this idea....

The figures from Italy maybe "more" true. I remember from the beginning of this thread some of us doubted China's reporting.

IMOO...when a country builds temporary hospitals, physically removed folks from their home, armed police guarding the streets, and crematory are working 24/7, initially refuses to allow WHO in, it just didn't add up for me. It smelled like a cover-up from the get go, especially after Chinia started locking up DRs who spoke out.

China's number just don't match the death rate of other countries and I don't attribute to excellent healthcare, especially after seeing the folks lying on cots in a warehouse type setting.

We'll see....

Moo

This may sound stupid, but if you can't get masks would a scarf or something like that help?

I have been using a scarves when I am in a public place and washing them when I return home. I use part of it over my mouth and nose and the ends to open doors and touch things in the store.

I just got back from a quick trip to WaWa and observed people inside and then sat outside in my car a few minutes. I did not see one person take any steps like I did.

We ordered thousands of dollars of food for our restaurant yesterday. Normal type of order.
I did call my chef and ask her to really watch her ordering.
Last night "thursday" sales were $320.00.
We sell a lot of seafood at our restaurant. Tomorrow, I'm going in to inventory and place 85% of that beautiful fresh fish into a freezer.
Our monthly lease for our restaurant is $5,200.00. I've not sent them a dime yet for this month.
I'm not even sure WHAT I'm going to send them. I have to keep my employees paid, the lights on and my food vendors paid. No food, no electricity, no employees= bankruptcy.
We've been at this location for 17 years. I told my husband this morning. "What are they going to do? Throw us out? Then what? Find another experienced restaurant to take over? Give the new tenant, if they can find one, 4 months of free rent and $20,000.00 or more in build out costs"?
All of this just sucks. We're pretty screwed.

I can empathize with you! My partner was a restaurateur for many years before leaving the industry, and currently owns a number of commercial buildings that have at least four different restaurants as tenants. She is planning to be as flexible as she can with them about paying their lease, and I hope that your landlord does the same.

CANADA - DR. THERESA TAM

1/5 Today, my advice is to postpone or cancel all non-essential travel outside of Canada. This means reconsidering your vacations, sporting & entertainment events, large international conferences & other elective travel. #COVID19 #coronavirus #pandemic

Dr. Theresa Tam on Twitter

2/5 Avoiding these potential exposure sites is especially important for older adults and people with underlying medical conditions who are at a higher risk of developing severe disease. #COVID19 #coronavirus #pandemic

3/5 In addition, it is particularly important for health care workers and others who come into close contact with these vulnerable persons to avoid travel outside of Canada. #COVID19 #coronavirus #pandemic

4/5 By making the choice to stay home & not travel, you are protecting yourself, your family and helping to slow the spread of #COVID19 to protect the most vulnerable in our communities. #FlattentheCurve #coronavirus #pandemic

5/5⚠️If you travel abroad, you may be subject to the measures of other countries that could restrict movements, delay your return home and reduce your access to quality healthcare & services. #COVID19 #coronavirus #pandemic

CNN reporting N.Y. has just had first a virus death. No link up yet. Moo
Here
First Coronavirus Death Reported in New York City: Live Updates
Medical professionals plan for a surge in coronavirus cases.

RIGHT NOW

An 82-year-old woman in Manhattan has died after being infected with the coronavirus, the governor said

I have been using a scarves when I am in a public place and washing them when I return home. I use part of it over my mouth and nose and the ends to open doors and touch things in the store.

I just got back from a quick trip to WaWa and observed people inside and then sat outside in my car a few minutes. I did not see one person take any steps like I did.
@JerseyGirl a friend of mine is doing the same thing, she is a sales rep and has to be out & about. We had some strong winds so she was pleased to be able to use long winter scarves!
It seems a lot of people are not taking any steps. A friend that manages a large health clinic told me she had 19 walk ins yesterday, asking for a test. 12 had called & were told “stay home”, yet appeared in the clinic. All were told to return home. From the clinic, employees could see a few of the walk-ins promptly go to a store or a restaurant. So, they want to be tested, claim to have symptoms, won’t follow simple advice & have no qualms about spreading their infection, if they in fact are positive. What part of “stay home” is so difficult to grasp? Moo

The figures from Italy maybe "more" true. I remember from the beginning of this thread some of us doubted China's reporting.

IMOO...when a country builds temporary hospitals, physically removed folks from their home, armed police guarding the streets, and crematory are working 24/7, initially refuses to allow WHO in, it just didn't add up for me. It smelled like a cover-up from the get go, especially after Chinia started locking up DRs who spoke out.

China's number just don't match the death rate of other countries and I don't attribute to excellent healthcare, especially after seeing the folks lying on cots in a warehouse type setting.

We'll see....

Moo

So so true.

I want to see an after picture of the hospital that was built in 3 days with the beds full of patients.
And there are pictures from china with ppl in small rooms on cots wearing coats? No heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia