Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I saw this on local news last night.

We are all anxious and frightened about this pandemic. Rightfully so, since there are many of us who have been and will be directly affected by this virus. With that said, laughter is the best medicine, and I hope that some levity can help us all feel a little bit less tense. So, with that being said, MS published this article today, and I had to share.

“Due to the coronavirus, the sheriff’s department is asking that all criminal activities stop until further notice,” the Powell County Sheriff’s Department said in in a Facebook post. “Thank you for your anticipated cooperation in the matter. We will update you when we deem it’s appropriate to proceed with yo bad selves.”

Kentucky sheriff asks people to stop committing crimes until coronavirus pandemic ends

Be safe out there, folks. If I can do anything for anyone, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Just received email from Xfinity (Comcast) re: Coronavirus concerns.

To our customers,

I am writing to let you know what we are doing to ensure you remain connected to your Xfinity services amid growing concerns about Coronavirus. There's nothing more important to us than the safety and wellbeing of our customers and teammates. But beyond that, we also know how important reliable service is to you, now more than ever.

We continue to monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other public health officials along with local market conditions. In the meantime, we have taken the following steps:

Maintaining Network Reliability: We engineer our network for capacity to handle spikes and shifts in usage patterns, and we continuously test, monitor and enhance our systems and network to ensure they are ready to support customer usage as needed. Our engineers and technicians will continue to staff our network operations centers 24/7 to ensure network performance and reliability.

Keeping Stores Clean: Providing safe and clean environments for our customers is a top priority. We are committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness in our retail stores. Our stores are professionally cleaned every day using methods recommended by public health authorities.

Employee & In-Home Support: Our supervisors are reinforcing public health guidelines with every employee including technicians and retail store associates. Please know that if employees are feeling unwell, they are not to report to work. If at any time you want or need to reschedule a technician home visit, we will be happy to do so.

News and Information: To help keep you informed, we have created a collection of the most current news and information on Coronavirus. Just say "coronavirus" into your X1 or Flex Voice Remote.

Educational Content: For those with school-age students at home, we've created new educational collections for all grade levels in partnership with Common Sense Media. Just say "education" into your X1 or Flex Voice Remote...

Please know we remain committed to you and to all the people we serve. Our teammates live and work in your local community; we are your neighbors. We will continue our focus on delivering the services you depend on in a manner consistent with the health and wellbeing of our customers and our team.

Please stay safe and healthy,

Dave Watson
President & CEO
Comcast Cable

Amen again to Dr. Birx. A negative only means at that moment you were negative.
Moo
Yes indeed. Dr. Corey Hebert spoke on MSNBC this morning and compared it to a negative pregnancy test. IFKWIM.

He also stated, interestingly, that if a person has already had it and didn't know, (mild case, few symptoms) they would test negative as well, due to developed immunity. IMO, I don't know if that would show up quite this quickly, but he put it out there.

Link is MSNBC Morning News/watched live interview.

I guess so. I think many are driving from clinic to clinic looking for a test, spreading the virus along the way.
Imo, getting a negative poses great risk. If I’m tested today, negative results tomorrow, I could have contracted it between testing & results. Moo

Ita. What were the testing totals for Seattle? Approximately 6500 tested and only 500+ positive. IMO, does that indicate a large number didn't need to be tested? Testing is good to keep track of clinical numbers. I think people are focusing on and expecting too much from these tests.

If you are sick with anything...stay home.

My husband and I stocked up on otc cold and cough meds so we could self treat until we got to the point of needing to go to the hospital. Hopefully that won't happen! Most doctors and urgent care here have signs instructing people with even just cold symptoms to turn around and leave the property.

For anyone taking medication, please check the safety of taking over the counter cold and cough medicines, etc. Due to medications that we take in our family, one of us can take ibuprofen like Advil but another cannot; and one of us can take acetaminopen like Tylenol, but the other cannot. We very rarely use these over the counter drugs, but just in case, I keep them in the house with a note regarding who can take which drugs. The same with cough medicine and other over the counter drugs. The pharmacist where you buy the over the counter drugs, or your doctor, or your own pharmacist will know if you tell them which drugs you are taking. MOO.

EXPERT IN THIS FIELD OF STUDY....

Lastly, we don’t know enough yet about immunity after COVID. There is not confidence yet that infection would provide long lasting durable immunity to COVID 19, or a naturally occurring variant strain that emerges in the future. No guarantee of herd immunity. 26/x

Tom Inglesby on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

I'm sorry that I wasn't up to reply @Kensie . I feel bad that you're worried. I'm going to go digging but I believe that the health departments have an obligation to contact people with possible exposure for prevention, tracking and monitoring. I believe that their role in preventing spread of communicable disease makes them responsible for informing potential exposures.
DH (physician) confirmed that it's part of their 'contact tracing'. As you have stated, you won't be given any identifying information per HIPPA and medical ethics, however you have a right to know if you've been exposed and they have a duty to inform. I hope this helps.

Thanks ROH. I am calling the Health Department Monday. I am in Redneckville, AL so I am a little concerned especially with a confirmed case in Redneckville. I am working from home too. I may get fired but so be it. I generally do not get scared about things but this outbreak has me scared.

I’ll find out soon enough, but just out of curiosity does anyone know if the US airplane/travel restrictions also apply to privately owned planes flying in and out of community based airports for business travel?

I wonder for how much longer the UK’s answer to this will remain ‘Keep Calm and Wash your Hands’. I seriously cannot believe keeping schools open is a good idea.

Well, its working for the US government...

I'm realizing we have less and less protection and control over out elected officials.

Time for emails, phone calls, and Twitter!!!!
Moo

Thanks ROH. I am calling the Health Department Monday. I am in Redneckville, AL so I am a little concerned especially with a confirmed case in Redneckville. I am working from home too. I may get fired but so be it. I generally do not get scared about things but this outbreak has me scared.
Yes reach out to your Health Dept. seems folks have to look to themselves to keep safe.

I’ll find out soon enough, but just out of curiosity does anyone know if the US airplane/travel restrictions also apply to privately owned planes flying in and out of community based airports for business travel?

Probably not, that industry is pretty unregulated. Especially as they use smaller airports, no TSA checks.

For anyone taking medication, please check the safety of taking over the counter cold and cough medicines, etc. Due to medications that we take in our family, one of us can take ibuprofen like Advil but another cannot; and one of us can take acetaminopen like Tylenol, but the other cannot. We very rarely use these over the counter drugs, but just in case, I keep them in the house with a note regarding who can take which drugs. The same with cough medicine and other over the counter drugs. The pharmacist where you buy the over the counter drugs, or your doctor, or your own pharmacist will know if you tell them which drugs you are taking. MOO.

Cold meds are horrible for interacting with prescription medications! I generally cannot take any cold meds because of my prescriptions. Through research I was able to find two I can take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia