Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Be fast, have no regrets."
Dr Michael J Ryan says "the greatest error is not to move" and "speed trumps perfection" when it comes to dealing with an outbreak such as #coronavirus.
Get the latest on COVID-19 Coronavirus: First death of COVID-19 patient in Scotland as UK cases reach 798 Sky News on Twitter
Sky News on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

This man is a HERO. He’s fighting hard.

What a disappointment in some humans.

Some didn’t even try....and that I will never forget or forgive.

Shoot some people don’t even have the courtesy to read and educate themselves, let alone ACT. Moo.

There are 24 threads here for people to read that we’ve been working our tail ends off with blood, sweat and tears for over 2 months now.

Please people show some respect to our work and efforts.

Last edited:
No Nebraska. Our state thrives on hard work. We are proud of our work ethic and the fact that we contribute to the food supply and economy of the US. I am proud that I am a farmers daughter, although I can'r physically farm now, I've loaded hay (first cut alfalfa which is heavy), picked up corn left in the field after the season harvest, but as a girl cooked endless meals for the farm crew. I am proud to help supply the US with food.

I live in California. First in food suppliers to the country. Nebraska is second. I think I know you from somewhere else.

MICHIGAN

Tonight, I gave an update that we currently have 45 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Michigan. If you have the ability and would like to help, there is a role for you. Please call 211 to sign up to be on the central registry for volunteers to assist those most vulnerable. Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Twitter

Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

No, I hope police concentrate on real criminals, the ones that commit robbery, drug selling, murder. I don't care about hoarders.

MOO
I think these hoarders were acting like criminals:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...clear-stores-of-sanitizer-products-for-resale

Tenn. Brothers Clear Stores of Sanitizer Products for Resale
Two Tennessee brothers cleared stores shelves in two states of thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer and packs of antibacterial wipes in an elaborate plan to resell them for profit during the U.S. coronavirus outbreak.

... before online retailer Amazon stopped their sales and the state attorney general sent a cease-and-desist letter.

Now, Matt and Noah Colvin of Hixson, Tennessee, are stuck with a garage full of products, The New York Times reported.

“It’s been a huge amount of whiplash,” Matt Colvin said. “From being in a situation where what I’ve got coming and going could potentially put my family in a really good place financially to ‘What the heck am I going to do with all of this?’”

Donate, apparently.

Matt Colvin said after the newspaper published the story that he was exploring giving the supplies away, including 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer.

Dr. Birx:
Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing | The White House
So if you have any respiratory symptoms, you want to protect yourself and treat yourself, but you also want to protect others. And so let’s everyone assume, when they have a respiratory illness, that you have a contagious illness because if it isn’t allergies, it’s contagious. And let’s use those precautions across the board, and let’s — when you get a negative test, that means you’re negative that day. That doesn’t mean that you couldn’t get the virus spreading overnight, because it replicates in your nose and your nasal secretions, and you would have a positive test tomorrow.

So if you have a negative test, that doesn’t mean that you can discontinue precautions. It doesn’t mean you can start taking risks because you were negative. So let’s ensure that if you had symptoms, you are contagious; let’s treat yourself as being contagious. And if you have a negative test, let’s make sure that you’re still protecting others from whatever you do have and that doesn’t reassure you personally and you take additional risk.

My friend is going through Wedding trauma right now.

She paid a lot upfront for her daughter's Easter weekend wedding. They paid the venue and the caterer already. And put up big nonrefundable deposits for many other vendors.:eek:

Hopefully if it is just postponed, she won't lose too much $.
My niece is supposed to get married that weekend too, on Good Friday. About 200 people invited and most RSVP'ed yes. Before all this anyway.

How the heck do you handle something like this? Would the venue even want to be open for any event now? It's sad...it's my brother's youngest daughter and the last of his 5 kids to get married. Reckon the 50 person gathering limit will make the decision for her.

Last edited:
My Trader Joe's was stunningly out of food .

Empty refrigerated fruits and vegetables. No carrots. Regular vegetables almost wiped out: No potatoes, no onions, no lemons, no herbs. No breads or Naan or tortillas.

Frozen food cases empty: One lonely cauliflower pizza. No fish, no frozen vegs, very little milk, no butter, no eggs Not many snacks. No nuts or fruit mixes

Was totally weird. The checker said it was really a double-hit: Friday the Panic hit and the store had the highest single-days sales ever. And because of a big snowstorm, the supply trucks couldn't make it over the Sierra passes from Stockton.

And Lowe's, CVS, and the supermarkets were absolutely out of hand sanitizer, Lysol, or wipes. Some TP and some paper towels available. Not a thermometer to be found, anywhere.

It was very apocalyptic.
There are few things more apocalyptic than cauliflower pizza, that’s for sure.

NEXTSTRAIN

Another big update to auspice thanks to data sharing via @GISAID. Incl 1st genome from the DRC sequenced in-country by @inrb_kinshasa @Eddy_Lusamaki_K Amuri Aziza
& @PlacideMbala. Data is consistent with transmission from France. auspice 1/3 Nextstrain on Twitter
Nextstrain on Twitter

Seven genomes from Finland show no clear clustering, supporting ongoing between-country transmission in Europe.

Similarly, a single genome from New York also appears to be an introduction from Europe, but it’s not possible to say more given the current data. 2/3 Nextstrain on Twitter
Nextstrain on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

I wish I could reach out across the internet and help in some way. Do you have a private doctor you can call if you can't get through to the helpline? Do you have family with you or nearby? If you start to experience shortness of breath it would be important you get seen by a physician.

The nurse stressed if I experience shortness of breath head straight to the ER. Plan on heeding the advice of the nurse and will telephone my doctor office in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia