Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinion - Any man that brings home Survival Spam is a real "keeper"........I like Spam......moo
:D
I could probably stomach it if I fried a thin slice, maybe with onions! There was a time when I was much, much younger I absolutely loved eating Vienna sausages straight out of the can. I remember my mom or grandma once in a while heating them up in sauerkraut. I told hubs to bring home some Vienna sausages, and he did :)

Opinion - Any man that brings home Survival Spam is a real "keeper"........I like Spam......moo
:D
I could probably stomach it if I fried a thin slice, maybe with onions! There was a time when I was much, much younger I absolutely loved eating Vienna sausages straight out of the can. I remember my mom or grandma once in a while heating them up in sauerkraut. I told hubs to bring home some Vienna sausages, and he did :)

Also my husband just walked in to the living room so proud of himself telling me that he ordered groceries! I say great, thinking he restocked what we talked about- black beans, squash, rice, canned goods.

No...he ordered a variety of fancy Spanish salami from some specialty foods store???? He’s going to be shocked when he gets A SLICE OF SALAMI for dinner because he didn’t pick up the reasonable staples we’ve been eating for a week.

Husbands...they try, very cute.

Beans, beans not salami! What a good wife you are saying "cute" instead of stupid. I must be meaner than you. Somehow, this reminds me of the Jack and the Beanstalk story.

You're making me LMAO. As soon as I was prepped for home isolation to stay well, a plumbing fixture broke. I can fix it, but I needed parts. I ordered online to avoid going to a store... and like you, I let that cardboard box "cool" for 2 days before opening. :) Perfectly normal behavior. :oops:

It's completely irrational behaviour under normal circumstances, and suddenly we're doing bizarre things because we hope it will keep us alive.

I talked to my geneticist today. She stated it’s not airborne except in things like coughing/sneezing.
Oh I really hope she’s right. That would make me feel so much better. I was terrified this afternoon at the store because I felt like just being in the same huge space with so many people would be the end of me.

This pandemic almost puts family history into perspective. Why did people have root cellars and boil their home grown vegetables while cooking the crap out of their meat? Maybe it's what they learned from their parents - a hangover from the 1918 3-wave pandemic. We're so cool today because we think we've suddenly discovered the art of eating raw broccoli, but maybe there's a reason that we don't eat raw - perhaps berries and fruits are okay.

All those old lessons we learned that are so quickly discarded when there's a new shiny toy, like the latest iphone, or a new bright idea as though it really was new - like eating raw broccoli, maybe the old ideas still have a place in our world.

Mel Brooks and his son have made an infomercial about younger people staying away from older ones. Hilarious and perfect!

Max Brooks on Twitter

Mel Brooks makes coronavirus PSA with his son Max: '#DontBeASpreader"

Thanks for sharing.
Mel Brooks and his son are so cute in this infomercial they made. It makes a real point. I wish it was shown on tv for awhile and give "Flo" from Progressive Ins. a break.

Mel Brooks makes coronavirus PSA with his son Max: '#DontBeASpreader"

They just closed in my main county (Orange) from tomorrow until April 27. 12 days. So strange. Why not 14? At least.

Sone say it should be 27 days. There's some confusion regarding what is true. Gov't leadership should help clear up the quarantine/self-isolation length of time. That's a big picture issue. How it's announced/implemented is a state, and then civic issue. State would declare no groups larger than 50 or 10, civic gov't would declare closure of libraries, schools, museums and events.

This is a terrible nasty virus.
Lock down. Wash your hands. Stay inside as much as possible.
Keep children clean.
Open the windows.
#. Tell your leaders that we need money.
Forcefully tell them.
American's need money!

Oh I really hope she’s right. That would make me feel so much better. I was terrified this afternoon at the store because I felt like just being in the same huge space with so many people would be the end of me.

They’d have to probably breathe hard in your face. The real risk is sudden coughing or people not covering. And they often don’t.

I actually choke-coughed all over my family a few days ago. It was super sudden and I didn’t have time to cover my mouth. So of course I have been in dread that I affected everyone.

But people truly do cough and sneeze or whatever without covering their mouths, all the time. That’s the risk.

One in four don’t cover their mouths at all.

The majority of the rest use their hands and then spread the germs on everything.
One in four people don't cover their mouths when they cough and sneeze | Daily Mail Online

That’s why everyone needs to stand back from another in line. Also, if someone cleared their throat hard or laughed super hard they could get droplets on someone who is super close.

But it’s not going through the air conditioner vents.

Sone say it should be 27 days. There's some confusion regarding what is true. Gov't leadership should help clear up the quarantine/self-isolation length of time. That's a big picture issue. How it's announced/implemented is a state, and then civic issue. State would declare no groups larger than 50 or 10, civic gov't would declare closure of libraries, schools, museums and events.

Attachments

• C37931CF-5F66-4B00-8063-AC9D323F36D4.jpeg
    C37931CF-5F66-4B00-8063-AC9D323F36D4.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics