Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sone say it should be 27 days. There's some confusion regarding what is true. Gov't leadership should help clear up the quarantine/self-isolation length of time. That's a big picture issue. How it's announced/implemented is a state, and then civic issue. State would declare no groups larger than 50 or 10, civic gov't would declare closure of libraries, schools, museums and events.

I’m super bad at math. But I think we need 14 days to see if anyone is infected and then time for those who are to stay home and not infect others. How long does the disease last in most people who don’t need hospitalization?

Coronavirus: saltwater spray infects 46 church-goers in South Korea
Published: 6:30pm, 16 Mar, 2020

“A church in South Korea sprayed salt water inside the mouths of followers out of a false belief it would help prevent the spread of the
coronavirus, but by using the same spray bottle without disinfecting the nozzle, it resulted in 46 church-goers infected, authorities said on Monday.”
-more at link

SMDH... wow! This story may just top the shrine lickers.

Good morning everyone. 26+ pages of a new thread to catch up on. I have a few deliveries today and I have some maintenance work being carried out on the garden gate - that’ll be interesting, as the team travels the country (my garden is enclosed so the cats can go out safely) and I’m keen to learn from them - at a safe distance - how things are in the real world versus all the news coverage.
I was so overwhelmed by everything last night - my Dad took the news of his social isolation better than I did! I am going to put a care box together for him, some DVDs, some chocolate bars and little cakes, some First Aid bits and pieces and his birthday card. I will walk over to the Post Office on Thursday and get that off to him. Did I miss anything from that list, I wonder?
Anything else he needs, I’ll Amazon to him. His audiobooks will be delivered on his birthday, I hope. He tells me he has enough food for a month or so and said a neighbour has offered to get him any milk or whatever else he needs during quarantine. I know I need to remain upbeat and cheery for his sake...if not for my own.

Well this is helpful!
I think we were lied to.
No, "anyone" cant be tested without jumping through hoops.
I get it, can't waste tests on people who are hypochondriacs.
At this point "anyone" could have been exposed "anywhere.
Oops gotta have a voucher! From a doctor, who still can't do the test.

Moving along...
Moo

"Only pre-approved members of the public will be allowed to test at the facility, and it is not yet known how many people will be able to be referred there, according to Dr. Janet Memark, district health director at Cobb and Douglas Public Health.
Cavitt said those to be tested will need to have a voucher from the public health department and will need to have been referred to the health department by a physician"

Coronavirus testing facility to be set up at Jim R. Miller Park in coming days

Good morning everyone. 26+ pages of a new thread to catch up on. I have a few deliveries today and I have some maintenance work being carried out on the garden gate - that’ll be interesting, as the team travels the country (my garden is enclosed so the cats can go out safely) and I’m keen to learn from them - at a safe distance - how things are in the real world versus all the news coverage.
I was so overwhelmed by everything last night - my Dad took the news of his social isolation better than I did! I am going to put a care box together for him, some DVDs, some chocolate bars and little cakes, some First Aid bits and pieces and his birthday card. I will walk over to the Post Office on Thursday and get that off to him. Did I miss anything from that list, I wonder?
Anything else he needs, I’ll Amazon to him. His audiobooks will be delivered on his birthday, I hope. He tells me he has enough food for a month or so and said a neighbour has offered to get him any milk or whatever else he needs during quarantine. I know I need to remain upbeat and cheery for his sake...if not for my own.
Did you know you can order audio books from the Braille Library? They deliver and pick up for free.

He said take melatonin? I knew about the zinc and other vitamins. But why melatonin?
He said about 7:25 minutes into this video that it looks like melatonin may have a role in decreasing inflammation in the really sick. Goes on to explain that kids have high melatonin and may be why they aren’t getting as sick.

200 nurses furloughed in New York, Connecticut over coronavirus exposure
March 16, 2020 | 11:44pm

“Two hundred nurses employed by an interstate health system in New York and Connecticut have been out of work since potentially being exposed to coronavirus patients, a report said.

The health care workers from Nuvance Health will remain sidelined until they can obtain coronavirus tests to determine if they were infected, according to the Hartford Courant, citing Gov. Ned Lamont.”

So THESE are the people that really need to get tested ASAP!

Amazon prime let me put toilet paper into the basket. But when I tried to check out they don't have delivery time available.
I should sue them for intentional infliction of emotional distress. LOL.
I looked Grainger's web site yesterday. All TP back ordered till Aug. 4th.
You're cute as a button. :)
I hung a clothesline on my balcony and often handwash my clothes, but it's hard on my hands to wring out bulky stuff.

I use hot also to make sure I never pick up bed bugs. Oh, I miss my own washer/dryer so, so, so much.

Today I did mainly sheets, towels, nighties, so hot was fine. Those would be impossible to wring out by hand.

I feel good that I did the laundry...I hope I don't die from it.

P.S. I hung two signs near the entry elevators-- "Don't kill Nan, Wash Yer Hands!" :p
Oh trust me you don't want bed bugs. They are a nightmare to get rid of.

Italy has 27,980 infected people, 3233 new cases today.
Total deaths are 2198, todays deaths are 349.

It doesn't sound like they have a handle on it.
1851 are in critical condition.

Total cases per million population in Italy: 462.8
Total cases per million population in China: 56.2

Mortality rate in Italy today: 7.8%
Last time I checked it was 6.2%
High rate of elderly, close quarters, multiple generations living together, greeting customs (kiss on both cheeks).

LA County issues first detailed list of confirmed coronavirus cases by community – Daily News

....Ferrer estimated that more than 600 people have been tested so far by the LA County Department of Public Health, up sharply from a little more than 100 as of Friday, though she did not have the exact number. Three commercial labs in the county were also now available, Ferrer said.

“When more and more people get tested we are going to have more people who test positive,” Ferrer said. “Please don’t lose heart because the numbers keep going up. Have confidence from a public health perspective we know this will work and we’re all in this together but it will definitely take some time.”....

The following locations were reported by the LA County Department of Public Health as having a confirmed case of COVID-19 out of 94 cases as of Monday, March 16.
Alhambra — 2
Arcadia — 1
Beverly Hills — 1
Boyle Heights — 5
Carson — 1
Culver City — 2
Diamond Bar — 2
Encino — 3
Gardena — 1
Glendale — 2
Glendora — 1
Granada Hills — 3
Inglewood — 2
Koreatown — 1
La Mirada — 2
Lancaster — 1
Long Beach — 5
Manhattan Beach — 3
Melrose — 2
Northridge — 1
Pasadena — 2
San Dimas — 1
San Pedro — 1
Santa Clarita and Stevenson Ranch — 3
Santa Monica — 1
Sherman Oaks — 2
Silverlake — 1
South Pasadena — 1
Tarzana — 5
Torrance — 2
Venice — 1
West Adams — 1
West Hills — 3
West Hollywood — 5
West Vernon — 1
Westchester — 1
Los Angeles City (Neighborhood <25,000) — 11
Still Investigating — 11

LA County issues first detailed list of confirmed coronavirus cases by community – Daily News

....Ferrer estimated that more than 600 people have been tested so far by the LA County Department of Public Health, up sharply from a little more than 100 as of Friday, though she did not have the exact number. Three commercial labs in the county were also now available, Ferrer said.

“When more and more people get tested we are going to have more people who test positive,” Ferrer said. “Please don’t lose heart because the numbers keep going up. Have confidence from a public health perspective we know this will work and we’re all in this together but it will definitely take some time.”....

The following locations were reported by the LA County Department of Public Health as having a confirmed case of COVID-19 out of 94 cases as of Monday, March 16.
Alhambra — 2
Arcadia — 1
Beverly Hills — 1
Boyle Heights — 5
Carson — 1
Culver City — 2
Diamond Bar — 2
Encino — 3
Gardena — 1
Glendale — 2
Glendora — 1
Granada Hills — 3
Inglewood — 2
Koreatown — 1
La Mirada — 2
Lancaster — 1
Long Beach — 5
Manhattan Beach — 3
Melrose — 2
Northridge — 1
Pasadena — 2
San Dimas — 1
San Pedro — 1
Santa Clarita and Stevenson Ranch — 3
Santa Monica — 1
Sherman Oaks — 2
Silverlake — 1
South Pasadena — 1
Tarzana — 5
Torrance — 2
Venice — 1
West Adams — 1
West Hills — 3
West Hollywood — 5
West Vernon — 1
Westchester — 1
Los Angeles City (Neighborhood <25,000) — 11
Still Investigating — 11

This tells me that LA County has not (yet) had a nursing or group care home get infected.

Crossing fingers !

In our town. Restaurant owners are shutting down. Employees are being laid off.
I want to scream.

Same in our town @KALI. I checked the FB page of the wonderful breakfast/lunch place our friend just sold to his cook. They have reduced their staff (most of whom have been there for years and years) and are doing take-out only. We will be ordering sandwiches. My favorite omelet probably wouldn’t work well. It will be such a loss if they don’t survive. The recently retired owner’s brother opened it in 1984! I’m screaming with you!

I empathize with everyone who’s being affected by this, which is all of us. Some, obviously, more than others. But, I refuse to look at the doom and gloom only and try to look at positives. I’m the kind of person that when my car breaks down I don’t immediately think “oh my god my engine is blown”. I think “oh perhaps my battery’s disconnected, or I need a new hose of some sort or something easy like that”. 9 times out of 10 that is the case.

We have many things to be grateful for in this country starting with the glaring basics:

-Most all of us in the US live in fairly comfortable & sanitary conditions with safe drinking water, Electricity, etc.

-The word is out, and most people will comply with the suggestions that have been reiterated from every aspect of or government and authorities.

-We here in the US have one of the best healthcare systems in the world, the most advanced medical procedures, scientists, etc. this is a plus.

-We did as a country take quick action on some fronts, for instance stopping all flights from China over a month ago. This is reflected in our numbers as opposed to those we are seeing in Europe.

When in the midst of a crisis or difficulty, it’s so easy for the human brain to tell us “this will never end and will never get better”.

This will get better, this will pass. Even possibly significantly quicker than all of the dire predictions we are hearing (that is the energy that I’m giving this). This doesn’t negate all the precautions and good sensible actions that I am taking, but it will go a long way toward not only my peace of mind, but of those around me. It will be what it will be, it certainly won’t make it worse to have a positive outlook.

Hoping all of those that are in emotional distress and anxiety will get a little bit of hope from my message.

I don’t like suffering and so I am choosing not to.

(hey, BTW Tissues are quite comfortable for wiping, and with a plastic lined trash can nearby, there’s no worries about the septic system!) A friend sent me a photo of a toilet paper holder with our local “ti” leaves wrapped on it, With the saying “who needs Costco, lucky we live Hawaii!”

there are solutions! there are positives!

God Bless

JMO

It has been comforting to be able to be on this thread, and I keep learning how to handle this crazy new reality. I
He said about 7:25 minutes into this video that it looks like melatonin may have a role in decreasing inflammation in the really sick. Goes on to explain that kids have high melatonin and may be why they aren’t getting as sick.

Glad you pointed out what he said about kids having higher melatonin.

This was the video that I got all excited about last night because I've taken Plaquenil for years for RA. Unfortunately, my lungs are also in bad shape though, and I know I would not be able to survive the Coronavirus. I'm scared, but hearing this about the Plaquenil is hopeful.

At the 6:00 mark he starts talking about possible treatments and Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) .

Plaquenil Uses, Dosage & Side Effects - Drugs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members