Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking the body condom with flaps attached over mouth & nose areas. The flaps can have pinprick holes poked in to allow breathing. Sun or safety glasses over the eyes.
Yes on kitchen towels and double layered. Apparently vacuum bags work the best. Who has vacuum bags?? Most vacs are bagless. It would be kinda hard to wear a vacuum bag.

Hey everyone! I'm up from my afternoon nap. I just can't get any sleep at night...I can't turn my brain off. And if I do fall asleep, I wake up rapidly like I've had a bad dream...and then I can't get back to sleep. So I've been crashing hard mid-morning.
Anyway, local update here that could be useful to pass on.

"Dr. Heather Morrison is asking passengers on Air Canada Flight 7564 from Toronto to Charlottetown on March 11 to self-isolate after it was confirmed that P.E.I.'s second case of COVID-19 was on that flight.

The flight departed Toronto at 9:20 a.m.

240 Tests have been completed as of this morning, Morrison said. There are still only two confirmed cases on P.E.I."

SOURCE: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-morrison-update-march20-1.5504371

Yes on kitchen towels and double layered. Apparently vacuum bags work the best. Who has vacuum bags?? Most vacs are bagless. It would be kinda hard to wear a vacuum bag.

JMO
Oh, I love this suggestion. Never saw it till your post. Thank you as I am contemplating making my own masks for my own personal use.

I had mentioned before that I usually go through about 10 masks a year just doing regular old chores like weed whacking, wood working projects, spraying, and the like.

In the past I have even used a bandana like the cowboys did in the western movies and they worked better than nothing so I have been seriously considering making a better batch of home made masks.

A vacuum HEPA filter would be perfect. Just perfect. It has to help at least with dust and regular things. Not sure about protecting the virus but I am betting it is better than nothing and I think it could actually work on the virus too IMO.

I just need to figure out how to frame the vacuum filter material. I have lots of old brand new vacuum cleaner bags that were from vacuums we no longer have but we kept the brand new bags of filters that dont fit the new machine.

I love this idea and if I figure out a good way to frame the mask material I will share it here. Im thinking of making the frame permanent and have a way to slip new vacuum cut out filters into the frame when needed.

Last edited:
Polis announces series of orders aimed at combating economic impact of coronavirus
11:37 AM MDT March 20, 2020

“COLORADO, USA — Gov. Jared Polis (D-Colorado) announced a series of executive orders Friday that he said are aimed at combating the economic impacts of the novel coronavirus pandemic.

Those include relief for mortgage, rent and utility payments for people who have lost their jobs due to previous orders aimed at promoting social distance to combat the spread of COVID-19.”

ETA / BBM: OH HELL YEAH:

“Polis said he will also allow restaurants -- which have been closed to in-person dining -- to sell alcohol to-go.”

Wooohoooooo!!!!

PTL Mooo!!!

Last edited:
6 positive COVID-19 cases identified at one Colorado Springs senior care center
Updated: Thu 8:21 PM, Mar 19, 2020

“We have just learned that we have some positive cases of COVID-19," Communications Director for Volunteers of America David Burch wrote to 11 News. "Our hearts go out to our residents, our employees and the families of all. Our staff has been closely following CDC protocols and we are continuing to work closely with El Paso County Public Health. Out of privacy concerns for our residents, our employees and their families, we are unable to provide any additional information at this time."”

Because a mask will help breed the virus. If you are not sick and you are using a mask, you need to change it frequently throughout the day (sterilizing hands, face and nearby surfaces first). If you have a virus but it has not reproduced to the point where you are sick, you are trapping the virus with the mask in a moist, warm environment where it may reproduce more quickly.

Some part of infection is due to the sheer amount of virus you inhale or have come in through your eyes. Medical professionals are supposed to be changing their masks after every patient. But medical professionals are still at higher risk of getting the virus because they go into rooms where someone is actively and virulently shedding. Right now, they don't have enough masks to do this and are see several patients with the same mask (and it can still enter through the eyes).

At any rate, the CDC advises for those reasons not to wear a mask unless you are already sick and are shedding - and it's to protect others. Nurses have to do this because many of them are getting the viruses and going to work while they are still asymptomatic. It's still not a perfect barrier to the problem and many MP's are getting sick (and dying).
How exactly do you know if you are sick and shedding if some people remain asymptomatic? You could start shedding days before showing any symptoms.
And despite what you are say, those who are sick are officially advised to wear a mask to stop spread of the virus.

"There is no magic drug out there right now."
Dr. Anthony Fauci says an anti-malaria drug that was made available for coronavirus patients should not be viewed as a cure-all. "Today, there are no proven safe and effective therapies for the coronavirus." Dr. Anthony Fauci: "There are no proven safe and effective therapies for the coronavirus" CNN International on Twitter
I'm glad he still has the guts to stand up there and tell the truth. Like today, Friday.

Unless i am mistaken, viruses cannot reproduce on inanimate surfaces, although they can persist on them. Viruses have to enter living cells to reproduce, correct?
Yes, viruses need a host (human or animal). They can persist on surfaces for perhaps days, but they are not going to breed on those surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbennett90