Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man.

I wonder what the highest numbers of cases reported in one day was in China. We followed them everyday but I can’t remember off the top of my head what that was.

And remember whatever that number is you can take with a grain of salt, moo.

Oh yeah there was that time when they changed to using a “clinical” diagnosis, then the numbers soared, then they changed that system again.

This is so terrible to see Italy. Just incredible and I fear for our future based on that.

That’s why it was SO important to heed what Doc T was preaching over and over about the “Window of Opportunity”.

These numbers are terrifying.

Those poor people in Italy.

I fear for the US (and other countries, UK, etc.).

See I’d have more hope if we would’ve locked things down earlier and people took it more seriously.

The last few weeks in the US of people out running around are going to account for a HUGE spike and multiplication factor MOO.

Man. Those are terrible terrible numbers.

How do those compare to China numbers?

Did we ever find patient zero in Italy?

I had surmised initially it could have been via cruiseship influx in Venice, etc...

I’d like to see a chart of everyone’s numbers over time if anyone has any handy, please.

Each country is different and has many variables as related to their case numbers, but remember Hubei had extreme and barbaric containment measures and they still had CV cases popping up for over 4 months.

We are just now more recently getting into stronger containment and mitigation phases...

We’ve lost a lot of time MOO.

Damn it.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Can’t cry over spilled milk, heck there’s not even any milk to cry over. (I do have a carton in my freezer though, there was no dried milk available.)
ITALY: "Before that, the first virus case was seen in two tourists who came from Hubei province in China on Jan. 23 and entered through the Milan airport, shortly after falling ill in Rome, and an Italian on Feb. 6, who returned from Wuhan, where the disease originated."

Qmfr:

Ok I randomly hit refresh and a slot for today suddenly came up?!! It’s been over a week’s wait until now? :eek: PTL I wonder if it was an error! Did someone just cancel??!! I randomly just clicked on different things and hit order real quick so as to not lose the spot. Wow what a blessing.
Thank goodness, moooogarita.....I was already gassing up the truck to deliver two rolls of toilet paper, 1/2 box of wine, and a small Coleman cooler full of Texas Pecan ice cream and HEB brand Tater Tots........moo

I haven’t read any of these threads (or any WS thread) all week. Got laid off yesterday, which in a weird way was relieving to not have to live on pins and needles anymore. Sending love to my fellow NYers dealing with the massive shut downs. Be well.

Welcome, Bears! This thread has saved my sanity, so feel free to stick around!

I haven’t been on here all week so forgive me if this is something that’s going over my head. But this is a joke right? You do realize there thousands of people who lost their jobs today?

@bears10

I think everyone gets the right to find some relief and pleasure in this crazy world right now.

Gregjrichards is a terrific contributor who has told us of some family health issues he has worried about.

I certainly can't begrudge him, or you either, for finding some small moments of mental health improvement.

SOUTH CAROLINA....WONDER HOW LONG THAT WILL TAKE

No decision on restricting beach access on Sullivan's Island yet. Council discussed pros/cons for 45 minutes. For now, there will just be more beach patrol and will wait for Gov. McMaster to mandate a beach shutdown. @ABCNews4 #chsnews
Caroline Balchunas on Twitter

#BREAKING: Folly Beach City Council unanimously passes an ordinance which restricts access to Folly Beach until March 31.
According to officials - they are working to start a checkpoint TODAY at 2PM.
The checkpoint will be set up daily between 6AM-8PM.
@Live5News Michal Higdon on Twitter
Michal Higdon on Twitter

#BREAKING: @IOPCity just voted on a similar measure. Council passed an ordinance unanimously restricting access starting tomorrow morning. Restricted access will go from 7AM-7PM.
@Live5News Michal Higdon on Twitter
Michal Higdon on Twitter

Meanwhile in myrtle beach....crickets

Last edited:
Ever have to take a 7-day course of Flagyl ( Metronidazole) for an abdominal infection? You know how bitter it tastes and how awful you feel when you reach the therapeutic dose. It's miserable.

This is WORSE.
Yes, when I was septic I was on anaerobic and aerobic IV meds, Flagyl being one of them. When well enough I was given the usual 'by mouth regime' and had a very hard time tolerating it. LOL, but the alternative was worse.

(FL) The National Guard has arrived in Orange County to help with coronavirus testing.

Once the drive-thru testing site at the Orange County Convention Center is activated, people will have to meet certain criteria. Testing will focus on two main groups of people: healthcare workers and senior citizens 65+ who are symptomatic. The testing that will be done will require a doctor’s referral.

Drive-thru COVID-19 testing coming to Orange County Convention Center

Coronavirus: 32 showing symptoms, 11 presumptive positive in connection to Troy nursing home

Dennis Propes, health commissioner for Miami County, said of the 32 people who were tested: “sixteen are residents, 14 staff and two visitors. Eight of those individuals have been hospitalized.

“As of right now, 11 of those are presumptive positive with the rest still pending,” Propes said.

Four people are on ventilators, which is considered critical care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back