Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went to all 3 stores in my town. Dollar General, Family $, and our Kroger affiliate. I *think* I can hobble together my pandemic versions of white chili and beef vegetable soup. Personal photo attached of lunchmeat area which includes lunchmeat (packaged), lunchables, and breakfast meat.

@Tricia we need a recipe thread in the pandemic section please. "Buy 4 random cans of food and eat for a week."

Picture too large. The whole section is essentially empty.
Oh, a recipe thread would be amazing! I told my husband that this feels like Masterchef and I have to work with a mystery box of whatever is in my cupboards at any given time! :)

Coronavirus: 'What's coming is extremely big' - UK consultant says outbreak could be worse than in Italy

The UK's coronavirus outbreak could be worse than Italy's and hospitals may be "completely swamped", an A&E consultant has told Sky News.

The Italian system is "in advance of us in terms of resources and the intensive care beds", he said, and it could be days until some hospitals reach capacity and patients begin spilling out into corridors.

The medic, who works on the front line at a south London hospital and wanted to stay anonymous, said COVID-19 had been "described as the flu" but "really isn't - not the way we are seeing it".

Coronavirus cases rise to 125 in South Carolina
DHEC released the latest details on the 44 new cases Friday afternoon:

• Aiken County: 1 new case
  • Anderson County: 3 new cases
  • Beaufort County: 1 new case
  • Berkeley County: 1 new case
  • Charleston County: 1 new case
  • Clarendon County: 1 new case
  • Darlington County: 1 new case
  • Florence County: 1 new case
  • Greenville County: 5 new cases
  • Horry County: 2 new cases
  • Kershaw County: 7 new cases
  • Lexington County: 3 new cases
  • Orangeburg County: 2 new cases
  • Pickens County: 1 new case
  • Richland County: 14 new cases
  • Sumter County: 1 new case

Coronavirus cases rise to 125 in South Carolina

Second dog tests positive for coronavirus as owners warned not to abandon pets

The Hong Kong government has urged people not to abandon their pets and to stop kissing them after a second dog repeatedly tested positive for coronavirus.

A German shepherd living in the Pok Fu Lam area on Hong Kong Island was sent for quarantine along with another mixed-breed dog from the same residence on Thursday after their owner was confirmed as being infected, the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD) said in a statement.
-----------------------
(potentially very bad news)

Last edited:
I have become a food hoarder. I don't throw away the leftovers as I use to do...even after a few days. I have some weird food paranoias that I'm having to get over real fast. I only eat 2 breakfast biscuits instead of the pack of 4. I have already lost 2 pounds more after the 8 I lost from having the flu in January.

I think that I should start conserving my food. I have been going through my treats like @margarita25 was going through her survival Tater Tots. I bought ice cream, should have known better. Well, I did know better but bought it anyway. It is gone, of course. Why oh why did I buy 10 packages of bake it yourself Toll House Cookies? It seemed like such a good idea at the time. You know, maybe once a week or so bake up a batch of cookies. R-i-g-h-t!!

Last edited:
Me too! I had a breakdown today over how many eggs my family was eating because I convinced myself that we need to save them because I didn't know if we'd find them again. When I started buying extra food to pack away for hard times, I convinced myself that it would be a great time to lose weight and bought a lot healthier than I normally would...but now I'm missing out on chocolate bars and potato chips.
That's a lot of weight to lose. I hope you're feeling better now and getting back on your feet. The flu has been terrible this year!
Yes all better, thanks. It lasted a good 3 weeks at the beg of January. And I had a stomach virus 5 days before catching that. Hanging around with a 2 year old over the holidays was my downfall.

I'm ok with the weight loss. It will continue I'm sure because of anxiety. Works every time.

I just went to all 3 stores in my town. Dollar General, Family $, and our Kroger affiliate. I *think* I can hobble together my pandemic versions of white chili and beef vegetable soup. Personal photo attached of lunchmeat area which includes lunchmeat (packaged), lunchables, and breakfast meat.

@Tricia we need a recipe thread in the pandemic section please. "Buy 4 random cans of food and eat for a week."

Picture too large. The whole section is essentially empty.
Agree about the recipe thread! I know we have a regular recipe section but one for this situation would be helpful to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, maybe someday I would make Coq Au Vin (I can't even type that without laughing...and I don't even know if that recipe is in the other thread), but I need recipes using limited ingredients with nothing fancy that I definitely won't have on hand.

ITALY

Soldiers are being drafted in to help enforce the lockdown in Italy after the total number of deaths from Covid-19 in the European nation surpassed the toll in China, previously the deadliest center of the coronavirus outbreak. Italy coronavirus: Military called to enforce lockdown as 627 people die in 24 hours - CNN

Italy is “facing the most difficult moment” that history has ever put before it, the country’s Health Minister said Friday Health minister: Italy is "facing the most difficult moment that history has ever put before us"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214