Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The governor of Ohio has been very much ahead of most state governors, ordering schools, restaurants and bars, barber shops, etc. closed way ahead of other states. He has been giving regular 2:00 pm press conferences every day with updates.

He has ordered day care and senior centers closed beginning Monday.

Orders to close bars and restaurants are being enforced. Last week a Cincinnati restaurant refused to close, and local police boarded up the doors. They announced that they were making an example out of that business in case other businesses were thinking about not complying with the orders to close.

In the state where I live they are urging us to order carry out and delivery from restaurants to help support them. But I feel this is a bad idea. People are still handling your food, and we have no way of knowing whether everyone is truly washing hand, disinfecting counters, etc.

All it takes is one sick person to infect countless others.

There certainly is a lot of anxiety that

Locally the news stations, radio hosts, and Yelp are recommending restaurant delivery using UberEats, DoorDash, etc. That is even worse because you are adding an additional person handling your food. Even if the food is in a box or bag, coronavirus can live for 24 hours or more on cardboard and plastic.

Also, the same Uber drivers that deliver food also provide rides to passengers when they aren’t on a food delivery run. How many people have been in the car where your food is being delivered?
In the state where I live they are urging us to order carry out and delivery from restaurants to help support them. But I feel this is a bad idea. People are still handling your food, and we have no way of knowing whether everyone is truly washing hand, disinfecting counters, etc.

All it takes is one sick person to infect countless others.

Locally the news stations, radio hosts, and Yelp are recommending restaurant delivery using UberEats, DoorDash, etc. That is even worse because you are adding an additional person handling your food. Even if the food is in a box or bag, coronavirus can live for 24 hours or more on cardboard and plastic.

Also, the same Uber drivers that deliver food also provide rides to passengers when they aren’t on a food delivery run. How many people have been in the car where your food is being delivered?

Certainly there is anxiety about the transmission of the virus under the circumstances you describe: there is also the concern of people handling the food we buy at the grocery store, which includes the deli, the produce and packaged items: but the fact is we have to eat so we have to take some risks. We have to try and act reasonably like washing produce or sanitizing the packages you bring home. Other than that I know for myself, i continue to go to the grocery store and buy food. we also ordered some pizza: i suppose somebody with the virus who was making the pizza could have sneezed on it: i hope not but you have to live your life, do what you can and hope for the best. At least that's my 2 cents.

As expected, all the animal shelters are being forced to close after today. The call for help is heartbreaking. If all you can do is foster an animal, that’s such a big help! Please go look online at available animals and fill your foster application out online immediately.

When picking up my little charge yesterday, I heard the workers stating who they were taking home. One was taking 5 dogs home!!

Athena is up and about, a tad perkier this morning. She is surveying her new kingdom from the safety of the front door. LOL! She’s drinking but not eating. Pills in cheese are the bomb!

Now you are teasing us. Making us wish that we had this beautiful girl!

Certainly there is anxiety about the transmission of the virus under the circumstances you describe: there is also the concern of people handling the food we buy at the grocery store, which includes the deli, the produce and packaged items: but the fact is we have to eat so we have to take some risks. We have to try and act reasonably like washing produce or sanitizing the packages you bring home. Other than that I know for myself, i continue to go to the grocery store and buy food. we also ordered some pizza: i suppose somebody with the virus who was making the pizza could have sneezed on it: i hope not but you have to live your life, do what you can and hope for the best. At least that's my 2 cents.
Everyone has to assess the risks and decide if they are willing to take the risk, imo. For me, eating at home is the wisest choice. I know my hygiene/sanitation level, I know the risks with fresh produce & always washed my veggies, I don’t eat salads in restaurants because most do not was their produce. I don’t want my food delivered in a teenagers car. My canned & packaged items can easily be wiped off. To-go containers & pizza boxes are usually visible, they’ve been exposed & handled by how many? We can’t bring our cups into an establishment,so why can we bring their packaging in. Moo

To say that Americans (and Westerners) are eating better than the Chinese doesn't mean that we eat more healthy, rather the opposite. The traditional Chinese diet is rich with fresh vegetables, and drinking green tea in stead of sugary soft drinks. The Western diet is (too) rich in calories, sugar, white flour and saturated fats, all leading to obesity, which is a risk factor when it comes to Covid-19.
Use your noodle: The real Chinese diet is so healthy it could solve

Diabetes in China is a relatively new disease, as the Chinese have become very wealthy and can afford the imported western diet. So as the Chinese adopt the western diet, they are becoming less healthy. This correlates with levels of wealth in Chinese cities also. The middle class in China have wealth that far exceeds the wealth of the middle class here in the U.S., and this happened between 2000 and 2010 or so, very quickly. MOO from spending part of the year in China every year since 2000. In 2000, that wasn't the case, but it is now.

Canada.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-police-arrest-covid-19-1.5505349
Quebec City police arrest COVID-19 patient for defying quarantine

'This is the first time we have executed this type of warrant,' says police spokesperson
arrest.jpg

Quebec City police arrest a woman, who has the coronavirus, for breaking quarantine on Friday afternoon. (Steve Jolicoeur/Radio-Canada)
Quebec City police have arrested a woman, who has tested positive for the coronavirus, for being out in the city's Limoilou neighbourhood despite being under a quarantine order.

The woman, who is potentially contagious, was arrested at around 2 p.m. ET Friday while out for a stroll, by order of the regional public health authority.

"This is the first time that we have executed this type of warrant," said police spokesperson Sandra Dion.

The woman co-operated with police and was transported to hospital, according to Radio-Canada. It is not yet clear if she will face charges.''

:mad:
I’m glad someone said it. I’m currently in Fresno also. I can’t say how or why I know this but you are 1000% correct. I also have two coworkers that have been out sicker than dogs for the past two weeks who only yesterday were tested because they “hadn’t travelled abroad.” They didn’t have tests and many people in this town think it’s a joke beginning with my boss. I haven’t seen my parents in two weeks and am forced to go to work with other people who don’t maintain social distancing and whose teenage kids have been out galavanting all over town since schools were closed last week. I predict things will explode in the coming weeks.
Nobody is taking this seriously. People have ridiculed me on Facebook. There is no testing in Fresno.

US has jumped up the list past Iran and Germany in the number of cases overnight. I'm guessing it's going to jump past Spain in the next couple of days and be right behind Italy in global cases.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 290,937 Cases and 11,951 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
It's not always the actual number of cases that are the most alarming. If you look at the right-most column, you will find small countries with a much, much higher "Total cases/1 M population". China, the US and the UK have still low numbers there, compared to San Marino, Luxembourg, Iceland, and the Faeroe Islands, as well as Italy, Switzerland, and Spain.

It's not always the actual number of cases that are the most alarming. If you look at the right-most column, you will find small countries with a much, much higher "Total cases/1 M population". China, the US and the UK have still low numbers there, compared to San Marino, Luxembourg, Iceland, and the Faeroe Islands, as well as Italy, Switzerland, and Spain.

That's true. The US has surpassed China in the number of cases per million population. That US number will continue to increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay