Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there going to be a Task Force presser today? DH and I are trying to avoid too much TV news, and I'm only reading local media coverage. Thanks in advance.
Really there’s no sense watching it 24/7 as the sitch is fluid, once we catch up, we’re caught up for that moment.
It is chilly & windy here, but the sun is brilliant. I’m getting on my horse.

My son contracted what I thought was a simple cold. The second day, he said his throat felt like fire. The third day he had a fever, and said it hurt to breath - like someone was sitting on his a chest. I took him to the doctor and they wouldn’t test him. Sent him home and said if he ended up in the hospital, then they would test him. How can the statistics be even close without testing?

Cuomo presser tidbits: BBM

Mandated that hospitals increase bed space capacity at least 50%. 100% is better.

NYC must come up with a plan to decrease numbers of people hanging out too closely - in parks, etc. City has 24 hours to come up with plan

*Fatalities/ lethality:
70% are over 70 with underlying medical problems.
80% under 70 are those with underlying medical problems.
Does NOT mean that because you are older and/or have underlying medical problems that you have a death sentence. With increased medical service and supplies and beds, all lives can be saved.

*Personal advice:
Think the situation through.
Don't be reactive
Anticipate and plan for the negatives
Anticipate emotional hardships (Cabin Fever)
Alone - avoid emotions isolation. Physical isolation is not the same as emotion isolation. Stay in touch with family and friends.
Also, too much togetherness offers another set of issues and sentiments. { Cuomo say he's even getting annoyed with the dog. }

*Matilda's Law
He put NY State on pause with executive order and named it after his mother.

NEW: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says the state is implementing trial drugs in treatment of COVID-19, including Chloroquine: "The president is optimistic about these drugs, and we are all optimistic that it could work." Trials would begin Tuesday.

This Week on Twitter
I think everyone on my side of town who has a prescription got it filled this week. I went to get a refill a few days ago and the pharmacy is out with no idea when they'll get more in. I have enough for two weeks so I guess I have to ration? Either that or I'm going to take my prescription to other local pharmacies and see if I have any luck.

My son contracted what I thought was a simple cold. The second day, he said his throat felt like fire. The third day he had a fever, and said it hurt to breath - like someone was sitting on his a chest. I took him to the doctor and they wouldn’t test him. Sent him home and said if he ended up in the hospital, then they would test him. How can the statistics be even close without testing?

Hope your son feels better soon.

In the US the data from hotlines gives each county health dept a wealth of info. Then, they submit info to the state HD. But the number of “presumed positive” don’t factor in. Moo
It pisses me off to the nth degree when a governor withholds info. If John Doe attended Little River Methodist church and is now positive, we need to know, so people can be on guard, I think. If Mary Doe is positive & works at WMT on Main, tell us. Michigan has/had a list of businesses with their street address. Every state should be so candid, imo.

A "get well soon" prayer for your son is headed his and your way..........moo

NY

Gov Cuomo:

There are only 2 ways to slow the spread -

Density reduction
Testing - find the positive and isolate the positive

There's a song in there...

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between
You've got to spread joy up to the maximum

NY

Gov Cuomo:

We will be the better for it

Dealing w/ hardship makes you stronger
Life is Not avoiding challenges
Life is overcoming challenges

This is a period of challenge for this generation
NY will lead the way forward

I just love him.
Also, and I never thought I’d say this, I have huge regard for our new Chancellor. He carries more gravity than the PM, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetSouthernBelle