Density reduction
Testing - find the positive and isolate the positive

There's a song in there...

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between
You've got to spread joy up to the maximum

Forgive me, I did not get the name/title & CNN is slow to provide transcripts. The doctor with a huge title, director of something, was on The Situation Room. Anyone listen?
He thinks everyone considered low risk should work, allowing small biz to remain open, otherwise he anticipates this continuing 18 months. This is MOO for now but I know what I heard.

My son contracted what I thought was a simple cold. The second day, he said his throat felt like fire. The third day he had a fever, and said it hurt to breath - like someone was sitting on his a chest. I took him to the doctor and they wouldn’t test him. Sent him home and said if he ended up in the hospital, then they would test him. How can the statistics be even close without testing?
First and foremost, I hope your son recovers quickly, and safely, and the rest of your clan is safe too. This must be so unnerving for you!
The system is so overwhelmed, and it's scrambling 10 steps behind this thing. NY is testing at a level twice that in any other state, and they're still having to handle an overwhelming load. Frustration for all of us is at an all time high. I can't speak for other states. Our county in NY has 30 tests out, but we have not been told of the results. It's maddening.

My son contracted what I thought was a simple cold. The second day, he said his throat felt like fire. The third day he had a fever, and said it hurt to breath - like someone was sitting on his a chest. I took him to the doctor and they wouldn’t test him. Sent him home and said if he ended up in the hospital, then they would test him. How can the statistics be even close without testing?
Same thing happening to people I know. Need more tests distributed to every clinic and hospital. Can’t test with no tests available. Best bet is to isolate and hope you get better. Prayers for the light at the end of this god awful tunnel !!

Hair and nail salons cannot do business while keeping six feet between people. Some factories and offices can. That is a key difference. Also the importance of whatever the factory is making needs to be considered.

Starting tomorrow, everyone in DH's office will work remotely. The steel processing plant and warehouse are spacious so workers can still do their jobs without close contact. Last Monday when DH went into the office, he said that at his age (71), he thought it best for him to work from home. The company software was installed on his laptop, and he was able to do his work last week. It's a bit challenging because he is accustomed to having two large monitors - one with inventory spread sheets and the other accessible for emails and/or other correspondence. He's had to adjust to working with his smaller laptop screen and doesn't have to luxury of two screens, but after three days, he was comfortable with the set-up.

Speaking of which, DH thanks various members here who shared tips about working from home. Ordinarily, DH would sit in a barstool at our dining island when using his laptop. After a while, the chairs become uncomfortable. I told him that someone mentioned setting up an office space that is solely for work. He heeded the advice and set up shop on the dining room table. When he took work breaks, he took the laptop into the kitchen to read news, do some NYT word puzzles, and peruse the internet. When he returned to work, he went back into the dining room. I have a desktop computer in our den that also houses our main TV. I also sit in here to read. I can close the door so DH doesn't hear the TV. We can do this :)

GEEZ.....

FEMA chief Pete Gaynor said his agency wasn’t invited to join White House coronavirus task force until last week.
@MarthaRaddatz: “Should FEMA’s involvement have ramped up sooner?”
Gaynor says he doesn’t want to “look back” and his focus is on “today." FEMA administrator says more masks are being shipped from stockpile amid shortage ABC News on Twitter
ABC News on Twitter

Pressed on when the national stockpile of masks will be distributed to health care systems, FEMA administrator Pete Gaynor tells @martharaddatz "it is happening," without offering a concrete timeline or quantity currently shipped. FEMA administrator says more masks are being shipped from stockpile amid shortage ABC News on Twitter

I am so sorry to read your post and I hope your son makes a quick and complete recovery. There aren't enough tests and that's why they are only testing minimally, IMO. I keep waiting for the millions of tests to come. The current stats are woefully inaccurate and understated IMO.

U.K Prime Minister Press Briefing Conference today at 5pm U.K Time - Sky News

Hope your son gets better very soon @cocomod
@gregjrichards I'm just reading from another response to a post that your mom has been ill and had surgery? I pray for her to also have a quick and complete recovery.

Greg, I missed your post about your Mom's surgery earlier.....I hope she recovers very soon......We care........moo

Thank you very much @cody22 for your kindness. It was such a relief she got through it ok and to know she also does not have cancer. It felt terrible not being able to give her a hug because of the virus but I’m just really glad she will be ok.

Thank you very much @cody22 for your kindness. It was such a relief she got through it ok and to know she also does not have cancer. It felt terrible not being able to give her a hug because of the virus but I’m just really glad she will be ok.
Greg, Catch this smile...:)... Put it in your pocket, take it out to see or share with others, anytime you need it or just wish too......Have a great Sunday......Hang in there....moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigi2023