Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@gregjrichards I'm just reading from another response to a post that your mom has been ill and had surgery? I pray for her to also have a quick and complete recovery.

Thank you very much @Ray_of_hope it is very kind of you. I am extremely grateful my Mum is going to be ok.

Thank you very much @cody22

My daughter-in-law is staying with us. She just got a call from her principal/boss. One of her student's mother tested positive. She had a 30 minute parent/teacher conference with her 10 days ago, before they closed school. We were isolating before but I guess we'll really be hunkering down now.

DH went to Vons around 8:30 a.m. There was a line wrapped around the side of the building - 6 feet apart, 8 people in front of him. 15 people were allowed in the store at one time. When he left (around 9:15 a.m.), the line was much longer.

There were no eggs, chicken or ground beef. There was steak.

He brought home milk, orange juice and lots of fresh salad, as well as healthy frozen fish. He also purchased sugar, butter, onions, apples and oatmeal.

According to our neighbor, Ralphs lets senior citizens shop from 7:00 a.m to 7:30 a.m.

Stay safe and healthy, Everyone!

And, Happy Mother's Day!

And more good news (not)...
Snowbirds soon to be headed north (2 night stays). Called campground for reservation. Lady was ultra-nice. Said campgrounds were being encouraged to close restrooms and showers, although no mandate yet, and this campground had not done so. May as well park at Walmart.

Last edited:
Peru
Shelter In Place: American Travelers Stranded In Peru By COVID-19 Quarantine
Shelter In Place: American Travelers Stranded In Peru By COVID-19 Quarantine

Coveney confirms charter flight to repatriate Irish citizens stuck in Peru being arranged

Coveney confirms charter flight to repatriate Irish citizens stuck in Peru being arranged

TANAISTE AND FOREIGN Affairs Minister Simon Coveney has confirmed that the government is arranging a charter flight to fly Irish citizens out of Peru, after the country announced it was to close its borders.

There are currently 135 Irish citizens in Peru.

In an interview with the Peruvian television channel ‘Canal N’, Defence Minister Walter Martos said that from last night, Peru’s borders would close completely.

Up until now, the Peruvian authorities had been assisting with repatriation efforts from various countries.

Coronavirus NJ: Cancer patients face uncertainty with postponed treatments

Soon after she was diagnosed with late-stage pancreatic cancer in January, Janet Glass began going every other week to Englewood Health for a three-day chemotherapy treatment in hopes of defeating the disease.

But because of concerns that the coronavirus outbreak could kill a cancer patient whose immune system is severely compromised, Glass’s most recent appointment was canceled.

Doctors have already started making critical decisions about treatment for patients who have cancer, and who may be more likely to die if they contract a coronavirus infection because their immune systems are compromised from chemotherapy.

Dialysis patients

New Jersey had 16 deaths due to complications of coronavirus, and 1,327 cases as of Saturday, according to state health officials. Bergen County alone has 363 case

The coronavirus outbreak has had implications for other patients. People whose kidneys have failed and need dialysis, which is done at outpatient centers, are now segregated into groups that are kept apart from one another — regular patients, those who tested positive for the virus, and those who have symptoms like a cough or fever.

"These dialysis sessions cannot be stopped," said Thomas Salazer, the chief of nephrology at Hackensack University Medical Center, adding that patients would die without the treatments.

He said that "several" hospitalized coronavirus patients have had their kidneys fail after going into shock. They are now on dialysis. It's not known whether they will need to continue the sessions after recovering from the virus, he said.

Coronavirus NJ: Cancer patients face uncertainty with postponed treatments

DailyMail is saying to stay home 3 months? I've not seen that yet.. must catch up on thread! Or.................is it the usual Daily Mail inaccurate/must not follow for this situation (*cough cough*)

From tomorrow in the U.K. the NHS are sending out letters to vulnerable and elderly advising they stay at home for 12 weeks.

Really there’s no sense watching it 24/7 as the sitch is fluid, once we catch up, we’re caught up for that moment.
It is chilly & windy here, but the sun is brilliant. I’m getting on my horse.

Not only that, but when I'm watching the daily presser, I find myself becoming increasingly :mad: about the way the crisis is being handled. Right from the beginning of this global pandemic, I was concerned about whether we would receive accurate and timely information about the disease. I grow more concerned by the day that we really don't know exactly what is being done to minimize the spread of COVID-19 :(

I am so sorry to read your post and I hope your son makes a quick and complete recovery. There aren't enough tests and that's why they are only testing minimally, IMO. I keep waiting for the millions of tests to come. The current stats are woefully inaccurate and understated IMO.
I keep hearing if the test won’t change the treatment plan, the person needs no test, assume he has it, go home & rest.
One doctor said no one at drive up test sites needs a test, if they did, they’d be too ill to drive. Moo

NJ

11:50 a.m. — New Jersey Mental Health Hotline is available.
Are you feeling stressed, anxious or depressed due to COVID-19? Please call New Jersey's Mental Health Hotline at 877.294.HELP (4357) for emotional support, guidance, and mental health referrals as needed. You can also visit their website: New Jersey Mental Health Cares.

11:30 a.m. — Asbury Park announced the following parking and transportation updates, effective immediately:

Coronavirus in NJ: Monmouth, Ocean county live updates for March 22

GEEZ.....

FEMA chief Pete Gaynor said his agency wasn’t invited to join White House coronavirus task force until last week.
@MarthaRaddatz: “Should FEMA’s involvement have ramped up sooner?”
Gaynor says he doesn’t want to “look back” and his focus is on “today." FEMA administrator says more masks are being shipped from stockpile amid shortage ABC News on Twitter
ABC News on Twitter

Pressed on when the national stockpile of masks will be distributed to health care systems, FEMA administrator Pete Gaynor tells @martharaddatz "it is happening," without offering a concrete timeline or quantity currently shipped. FEMA administrator says more masks are being shipped from stockpile amid shortage ABC News on Twitter
God bless you @Henry2326 for working so diligently and keeping us informed.

I keep hearing if the test won’t change the treatment plan, the person needs no test, assume he has it, go home & rest.
One doctor said no one at drive up test sites needs a test, if they did, they’d be too ill to drive. Moo
Just give them (people at the drive up test) some time, they might end there (too ill to drive). This is a slowly progressing disease. Seems like saying people don't need tests is giving up before even starting. Countries like China and South Korea were aggressively testing, but of course we in US can't manage that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigi2023