Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya’, I find myself angry over the large amount of our population that insists on disregarding directives.
I was thinking, a lot of people drink soda from bottles. Run into a gas station, grab & open one, think how many hands touched those....
I’m conducting myself as if the virus is on every item I touch, other than my animals.
Not only that, but when I'm watching the daily presser, I find myself becoming increasingly :mad: about the way the crisis is being handled. Right from the beginning of this global pandemic, I was concerned about whether we would receive accurate and timely information about the disease. I grow more concerned by the day that we really don't know exactly what is being done to minimize the spread of COVID-19 :(

ITALY

81424754_2746767452058504_8335328247793319936_o.jpg

Placido Domingo

1 hr ·
I feel it is my moral obligation to announce that I have tested positive for COVID19, also known as the Crown Virus. My family and I are and will remain individually isolated for as long as it is deemed necessary medically. Currently we all enjoyed good health, but I presented symptoms of cough and fever, so I decided to take the test and the result was positive. I beg you all to be extremely careful, follow basic rules like washing your hands frequently, staying at least two meters away from others, doing everything you can to stop the spread of the virus and above all, staying in home if possible. Together we can fight this virus and stop the current global crisis, so we can return to our normal daily lives as soon as possible. Follow the guidelines and regulations of your local government to stay safe and protect not only yourself but our entire community.

Placido Sunday

Placido Domingo

What is the definition of elderly - over 80, over 70, over 60??? I have seen varying definitions of elderly.
For purposes of the covid-19, I'm assuming high risk people which are those 60+ but I'm not sure. That should also include any other demographic that's high risk as well.
Another reason for doing that is because of the awful choices they were faced with in Italy when they had to triage people for ventilators. They are probably trying to prevent that IMO.

Call first. No need to drive around. Moo

I think everyone on my side of town who has a prescription got it filled this week. I went to get a refill a few days ago and the pharmacy is out with no idea when they'll get more in. I have enough for two weeks so I guess I have to ration? Either that or I'm going to take my prescription to other local pharmacies and see if I have any luck.

Nova Scotia- State of Emergency declared, Provincial border, all entry to N.S. restricted

-gatherings of more than five people and people out in the public for reasons other than to purchase essentials face fines of $1000 for each offence
As if 6:00 am tomorrow, we can expect police presence and to be stopped and questioned by police when in public.

One person in household should be designated to shop/run essential errands. We are requested to stay in our neighborhoods.

Toronto & the rest of Canada-we have 28 cases: I expect we’ll see more Provinces following suit.

DailyMail is saying to stay home 3 months? I've not seen that yet.. must catch up on thread! Or.................is it the usual Daily Mail inaccurate/must not follow for this situation (*cough cough*)

The NHS is stating you have to stay home for three months if you have a serious health problem like COPD, Cancer or a weak immune system etc. I’m concerned I’m going to be housebound possibly for 18 months till there is a vaccine. I can’t see things improving till there is one.

Not only that, but when I'm watching the daily presser, I find myself becoming increasingly :mad: about the way the crisis is being handled. Right from the beginning of this global pandemic, I was concerned about whether we would receive accurate and timely information about the disease. I grow more concerned by the day that we really don't know exactly what is being done to minimize the spread of COVID-19 :(

I got up and saw your post first, @BetteDavisEyes. I spent the wee hours of the morning reading research on masks. As most of us know, the CDC told us not to wear masks (and gave reasons for that advice). Most of the Western world is not wearing masks to prevent transmission, only advised to do so if there are symptoms.

Turns out there was a major study of coronavirus transmission in Asia in 2004 which clearly indicates that masks help prevent transmission. It's probably a factor in today's situation in Japan and certainly the Chinese are wearing them and slowing transmission. Sure, there are problems with masks too, but why did our CDC lie to us? I'm shocked although I guess I shouldn't be.

I bought into the CDC's advice after attending several regional emergency meetings where local public health doctors and nurses echoed what CDC said and told us all not to wear them. Even those inexpensive surgical masks seem to help (if properly worn, they need to be snug). CDC didn't want a run on masks and knew we didn't have enough (although now FEMA says they do have a stockpile). CDC wanted medical personnel to have the existing masks, but as I know our local public health people for years now, I do not believe they were lying - they were lied to. I don't know if they've changed their tune but I have.

Masks do help people as a preventative. At least according to a major study and some minor studies in Asia. If the CDC has evidence of the contrary that's been published in a juried publication, as they imply they do, I have yet to see it. At any rate, I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorists, but the government's decision to tell us not to where masks now seems as if it needs to be challenged. I notice that Dr Fauci hasn't touched that issue yet, it's such a hot potato and he doesn't wear a mask to those crowded pressers.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump and members of Congress all say the next coronavirus legislation should include government checks to Americans. What they haven’t decided yet is who should get the money and how much they should get.

Here’s how much each plan would send you:

Senate Democrats

$2,000 for each adult and child, phased out for those with higher incomes.

Residents would continue to receive $1,000 every three months after the initial payment if the unemployment rate remains 1 percentage point above the average from December 2019 to February 2020. It would be $500 if the rate is up half a percentage point.

“We need to be injecting cash directly into our economy and giving people agency again in their lives at a time that so many people feel helpless amid this health and economic crisis,” U.S. Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., one of the senators who proposed these payments, said on the Senate floor Friday. “And God, we need to be doing it quickly, getting payments to people as soon as possible.”

Senate Republicans.

$1,200 for each adult, with $500 per child, phased out beginning with income of $75,000 for single taxpayers and $150,000 for married couples filing jointly. Single taxpayers earning more than $99,000 and joint filers earning more than $198,000 get nothing.

The proposal outlined by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., also would give less to those who pay little or no income taxes, chiefly lower income residents. They would need income of at least $2,500, including veterans’ pensions and Social Security benefits, and would receive at least $600, or $1,200 for a married couple filing jointly.

(More on this proposal below)

Trump, Congress vow to give you cash during coronavirus crisis. What you’d get from each plan.

I FEEL LIKE NOAH

If Noah spent all his time telling people to pet the cute puppies & post selfies instead of saying, "YO, THERE'S A GIANT FLOOD COMING. LOOK! LOOK OVER THERE!" I think he'd be derelict in his prophetic duties.
We are not Noah. We have no ark. I'm just trying to #FlattenTheCurve
Wajahat "Please Stay Home If You Can" Ali on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members